Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Best products for dry and acne prone skin!

I just wanna know what products worked wonders for your dry and acne prone skin? I ruined my skin and have premature wrinkles on my forehead and chin now and I’m looking for something that’s going to help them out not be so noticeable, moisturize the skin and help with acne scaring and redness of my face.

Re: Best products for dry and acne prone skin!

Hey! I would try a daily chemical exfoliant like the Sunday Riley Lactic acid Good Genes. Since its a serum, instead of a manual exfoliant, you won't have to worry about any micro cuts that can open acne and cause it to spread, but still get the exfoliation you need. Plus the lactic acid will help with any scarring and help to reduce wrinkles. If you're also looking for a good lightweight moisturizer, try their tital. You could also try the drunk elephant hydro serum

RE: Re: Best products for dry and acne prone skin!

I second the recommendation for Good Genes! It had definitely changed my skin for the better.

Re: Best products for dry and acne prone skin!

Hi! I am basically on the same struggle bus with you! I am currently using Herbivore Lapis Blue Tansy Face Oil - For Oily & Acne-Prone Skin 1.7 oz/ 50 mL to reduce appearance of bruising/scarring on my chin and around my mouth from hormonal acne. My skin was drying from using benzoyl peroxide for this particular breakout and I will say it has also taken care of any flakiness I had from that period of dryness. It does leave an oily finish although I personally don't mind because I'm all about that dewy skin. When my breakout does clear though, a product that was highly recommended for scarring by a Sephora associate was VOLITION BEAUTY - Strawberry-C Brightening Serum which I am patiently waiting to try! Curious if anyone who responds to this thread can share a testimonial. These are clean brands btw so idk how important that is to you!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing