Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Best primer

Can anyone suggest a way to help my makeup stay on my face, whatever foundation i use, it always ends up super oily 2 hrs later. I moisturize, use oil and benefit gel primer but nothing works. I have dry to oily combination skin.

Re: Best primer

The MAKE UP FOR EVER - Step 1 Skin Equalizer - Mattifying Primer - Mattifying Primer - For Oily Skin on my oily spots (basically, my nose) works incredibly for me! You could try a mattifying primer in the oilier areas, and something like SMASHBOX - Photo Finish Primerizer on the dry areas.

RE: Best primer

For dry skin I love Smashbox Primerizer and when my skin is feeling oily I really like using It! Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Toner, this controls my oil really well throughout the day. But honestly what has made my foundation last the longest is using a good setting powder (I use Laura Mecier) and a good setting spray (I use Urban Decay).

@JoSancheese my favorites for oily skin are COVER FX - Gripping Primerand tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer 0.5 oz/ 14.2 g

Do you use powder to set? I find it helps my foundation stick longer.  I also like the new Urban Decay All Nighter Face Primer 1 oz/ 30 mL. And I use the tarte Stay Spray to further lock things down (and moisten the powdery/matte look when I go overboard with powder).

RE: Re: Best primer

Yes i set with a powder, i use Laura mercier but it kinda leaves me looking like a ghost and dries my skin.

@JoSancheese  I really enjoy LAURA MERCIER - Pure Canvas Primer - Hydrating I use this one all the time. When I’m dry it helps give that extra moisture and when I’m oily it doesn’t make me more oily!

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing