Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Best oil-free eye cream???

I think my skin type is considered sensitive, in that it tends to react adversely to intense/abrasive products (i.e. anything by Drunk Elephant). I'm in my mid-20s and don't have any major under eye concerns, just want to keep the area hydrated. Didn't like Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado (it kinda burned). I've mostly used the OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Eye Crème, but over time developed little white dots under my eyes that my dermatologist said are harmless clogged oil glands (have some around my lips too), so I use it sparingly now. Recently bought the BIOTHERM Aquasource Total Eye Revitalizer, which is good because the white dots are gone now (idk if it's oil free?) but I need to use a generous amount since my eyes don't feel as hydrated as I'd like. So I'm in the market for a hydrating oil-free eye cream (for sensitive skin?)... I think. Tbh not too sure if I even should be ruling out all oil-containing eye creams because they probably do have some really good benefits, and maybe it was just the Banana Bright Eye Crème that caused those white dots (cause every time I open it there's a visible layer of oil on the surface and I kind of have to mix it with my finger?). Sooo any insight/suggestions are welcomed !

Re: Best oil-free eye cream???

Hey @jjasmiin :), I had a look at the ingredient list for the Banana bright eye cream and found that it has 3 known allergens in the formulation, not sure if this is what caused the white spots under your eyes but I know I'm personally allergic to these - maybe ask your dermatologist about these?

Oh really! Do you know specifically which ingredients are allergens?

@jjasmiin Yes of course! These are citral, limonene, and linalool - These are known contact allergens used in fragrance and the FDA actually points these out specifically as sensitizing for some people. From what I can read online, about 3% of the population is sensitized to these so maybe we're part of the unlucky ones 😕

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing