Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Best of the Best: What Are Your Favorite Natural Skincare Products?

Hey BeautyTalkers! 

I have noticed a lot of chatter about natural skincare products in the beauty world. There is no perfect definition of 'natural skincare' but I am thinking of products that are labeled partially or 100% organic, sulfate-free, paraben-free, plant-based, or just made with simple ingredients. 

There are a lot of reasons a product may be considered natural so without overcomplicating the definition I have a question for you all: What are your favorite natural skincare products?  

Looking forward to reading your responses!

Re: Best of the Best: What Are Your Favorite Natural Skincare Products?

Fun topic @KatieBT

I love May Lindstrom The Problem Solver mixed with The Honey Mud. That's my perfect mask. 

I also love the Tata Harper Resurfacing mask with Honey a blossom. My skin loves it. I'm glowy and smooth afterwards. 

For serum, I can't get enough of the May Lindstrom The a Youth Dew. It's super hydrating and I love how soft and clear my skin is afterwards.

for cleanser, I'm all about Tata Harper Refreshing cleanser. I wish you guys carried it. It's light and fresh and perfect for a morning cleanse. 

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay mixed with apple cider vinegar! It's the most purifying mask I've ever done, my face pulsates like the mask says it pulls out so much gunk, and the apple cider vinegar is so high in vitamin C. This results in such a smooth, bright and clear skin for me. I would not suggest for sensitive skin, but my tough, breakout prone skin loves it ❤

Does snail mucin count? LOL that stuff works so well to heal skin!!! Doesnt matter what brand, as long as there's at least 90% snail mucin in it, I like it!

my favorite *was* NUDE omega cleansing jelly. (may your ghost be resurrected).

i also really like TATA HARPER nutrient complex oil.

when it comes to 'natural' brands, though, i lean toward the ones that really combine science with natural plant ingredients. best of both worlds.

I'm STILL trying to find a replacement for the jelly. Fingers crossed on it's resurrection. 

That is a great topic of discussion @KatieB 

Some of my favourite natural skin care products are Odacite serums, Tata Harper purifying mask and Cleanser, Sunday Riley Tidal, Oskia brightlight serum, Farmacy gel masks and eye dew.

Drunk Elephant - Babyfacial is my favorite skincare product possibly ever. I also love Lala Retro and TLC Framboos has been a faithful standby since it came to Sephora. I'm eagerly awaiting the release of their reformulated sunscreen. I was afraid of the white cast with the old version (common with mineral sunscreens) but the new version is going to be tinted.

Some other favorites are: 

• Sunday Riley - Good Genes. 
  • Tata Harper - Resurfacing Mask
  • Tatcha - Dewy Skin Mist. This stuff is just amazing for a glow to dry skin!  
  • Osea - Vitamin Boost Spray. 
  • Ole Henriksen Power Bright. 
  • Indie Lee Co-Q 10 Toner

@veronika23 - I second your idea of using icons.  That is a great idea!  🙂

Ohhh awesome question @KatieBT 🙂

I love a variety of products from The Body Deli.  Too many to list though. I use a lot of their body line in Tahitian Vanilla.

Other favorites include:

Omorovicza: Thermal Cleansing Balm

May Lindstrom: The Problem Solver and The Honey Mud

Odacite: Various serums

Consonant: HydrExtreme

Mahalo: Petal mask, Rare Indigo Balm and possibly making the list The Bean mask (trying out now)

Intelligent Nutrients: Lip Delivery Nutrition (HG lip balm)

Josie Maran: Argan Reserve (and other products from her line)

There might be more!

You know what would be great... if the Sephora site had little icons to represent items like vegan, organic,  cruelty free, free of harmful chemicals etc... so when you are on a product page you can see all of these icons very quickly. Have one page with the legend and tag all the products that meet each icon. Would make shopping for specific types of products much easier 🙂

Yes, @veronika23 ! Another yes to the icons idea!

This would be an awesome idea because from the products listed here most of the ones I am using are all natural.  ;')  Not that I would consider them natural but it is nice to know they are free from most cosmetic junk.

@veronika23 I love the idea of icons! I'll pass it along 🙂 

Thanks @KatieBT! I think it would make it easier to shop 🙂

Yes ! To the idea of using icons. I often have to contact brands if I want to know about the source of a particular ingredient and the response isn't always clear. Some brands reply very clearly but some give very diplomatic and ambiguous response which is frustrating.

I *love* Herbivore's Blue Tansy mask and Lapis oil.  I use the mask for 3 to 4 days in a row, as they brand suggests, and my skin is so healthy and glowy afterward.  I was terrified of using an oil on my oily skin but Lapis is a delight.  It absorbs nicely and makes my skin feel healthy and happy!

Please excuse me while I cull everyone's lists for things to add to my Spring Bonus shopping cart!

I love love love the Youth to the people Kale/spinach cleanser (is that considered natural 🤔) and the Tata Harper resurfacing/purifying masks! I have not ventured too much into the natural skincare products so far..baby steps for me since my skin seems to react more with very natural ingredients at times. 

@Anewxa yes, YTTP is definitely a "natural" brand 🙂 

Great question, Katie!

Favorite natural skincare products would be Odacite serums, May Lindstrom problem solver mud mask, Mahalo the bean mask, rose serum and rare indigo balm. 

I'm also a fan of Josh Rosebrook Hydrating Accelerator, H for Love Bara Balm, Siam Seas Elements Balm (I have a balm theme going :D)

And Tata Harper's purifying mask.  I also really miss NUDE skincare and wish Sephora would bring them back.

Oh.... just the entire Boscia line. Whatever I've tried I've loved. From their cleansers to moisturizers to their face masks.  

• Alaffia Everyday Coconut Face Wash (which works well with breakouts and more oily areas too)
  • Alaffia Everyday Coconut Eye Cream
  • Derm E Overnight Peel with Alpha Hydroxy Acids (which is strong enough that I use it for only 15 minutes instead of overnight)
  • Odacite Oleosomes Time Release Delivery Cream (thank you @lyravega for your recommendation)
  • Paula's Choice 1% Retinol Booster
  • Paula's Choice Niacinimide Booster
  • Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream
  • The Ordinary Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate 10% (still testing but so far it's the first vitamin C product my skin can handle)
  • The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin (still testing but it seems to be working--for spot treatment of couple dark spots)

I really love Beauty Water by Son & Park.

Such a gentle toner!

42 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • IMG_0038.JPG
testing