Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Best moisturizer for dry, flakey skin caused my prescription acne medication?

My sister was recently prescribed the antibiotic Doxycycline for acne, as well as a topical treatment of Benzoyl Peroxide. Now her skin is extremely dry, red, irritated and burny. What is the best moisturizer she can use to combat this?

Re: Best moisturizer for dry, flakey skin caused my prescription acne medication?

I'm a HUGE fan of Fresh's Rose Deep Hydration Cream. Really gentle but super moisturizing

Re: Best moisturizer for dry, flakey skin caused my prescription acne medication?

@melissavd  I love the youth to the people adaptogen deep moisture cream. I think it works amazingly.

-glam glow water burst moisturizer 

-tatcha dewy skin cream

-Im on the same medical face cream and these creams hydrate my skin and help clear up breakouts without clogging pores!

Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream Plumping & Hydrating Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL

GLAMGLOW - Waterburst™ Hydrated Glow Moisturizer

@melissavd I really like DRUNK ELEPHANT - Lala Retro™ Whipped Creamffor when my skin is so dry!

I have the same issues, my acne medication makes my skin really dry and flaky. What is helping me is the TARTE - Mermaid Skin™ Hyaluronic H2O Serum after I wash my face in the morning, and then I use the embryolisse lait creme concentre.

@melissavd I would probably go with First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration 6 oz/ 170 g. It's for dry, distressed skin and even approved to treat eczema.

RE: Re: Best moisturizer for dry, flakey skin caused my prescription acne medication?

Really!? I disagree. I think the first aid beauty moisturizer is not hydrating enough! The only time I sometimes like it is in the morning before I put on makeup. Honestly for very dry skin, I would suggest the tarte h2o moisturizer, or Kiehl’s ultra facial cream. Honestly though, there are some really great ones from the drugstore that I like better! Those are the Ponds dry skin cream and/or Nivea creme (which is apparently a dupe for La Mere)

Re: RE: Re: Best moisturizer for dry, flakey skin caused my prescription acne medication?

@sarahfenns That's what is great about BIC. We all have different opinions/thoughts 😉

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 23 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing