Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Best makeup remover (preferably a balm)

What's the best makeup remover? I really want to get rid of makeup wipes completely. 

Re: Best makeup remover (preferably a balm)

Farmacy Green Clean is my absolute favorite makeup remover. Most balm removers, you HAVE to double cleanse. But with the Farmacy one, I still double cleanse but you def don't have to because it doesn't leave an oily residue like most others. They make a smaller size too which is nice for trying it out in case you don't like it. 

Definitely have to second this! Gentle and effective!

Clinique cleansing balm is the best!! Even removes waterproof mascara 🙌🏼

Double cleanse with an oil based one first. My favorite oil based cleansers are the ones from Shu Uemura and Clinique Take The Day Off balm.

Then I use a water based cleanser to actually was my skin. I love Boscia Detoxifying Black Charcoal Cleanser, Dermalogica Skin Resurfacing Cleanser, the discontinued Ole Henriksen The Clean Truth Foaming Cleanser and Tatcha The Rice Wash Skin Softening Cleanser.

It’s fun to try different second cleansers for your skin mood at the time. Double cleansing was a game changer for me many moons ago and was my gateway drug into skincare addiction 

image.jpg

@GabbyC16 I love the MAKE UP FOR EVER Sens’Eyes - Waterproof Sensitive Eye Cleanser Standard Size - 3.38 oz/ 100 mL and CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm Makeup Remover 3.8 oz/ 125 mL but I haven't tried many other balms or oils. 

@GabbyC16 definitely double cleanse. Tatcha The Camellia Oil 2-in-1 Makeup Remover & Cleanser 5.1 oz/ 150 mL is my fave first cleanser.

A few people have mentioned Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm which is a great balm and especially so for travel (pre-COVID)

I also liked CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm Makeup Remover 3.8 oz/ 125 mL 

I’m still working on finding my HG second cleanser - generally most work for me. The first cleaner is more critical to me to remove the makeup and sunscreen.

@GabbyC16 I'd agree with a couple of the others on the Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm for a complete face makeup remover and I also agree with @danielledanielle about the The Original MakeUp Eraser The Original MakeUp Eraser® Makeup Remover Cloth and I'll add either the Lancôme Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover or a close dupe--the SEPHORA COLLECTION Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover--if you want something specifically for the eye area.

Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm  is pretty popular around these parts.  There's a whole bunch of scents, too.  So thirding it.

I also like The Original MakeUp Eraser The Original MakeUp Eraser® Makeup Remover Cloth , you can also use it with products.  I use it with belif Aqua Bomb Cleansing Balm 3.3 oz/ 100 mL to get rid of eye make up.

@GabbyC16  For eye makeup, I use Paula's Choice Gentle Touch Makeup Remover (the liquid, not the ineffective wipes). It's not a balm. But it's comparable to Lancome Bi-Facil (which can remove almost anything), without the fragrance or high price tag. 

For nearly everything else, I use The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL and follow with my usual PM cleanser. 

Another balm I keep stocked is Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm Limited Edition Very Cherry 3.4 oz/ 100 mL , but not to use on my face. I use it to remove makeup swatches and any custom color mixes I've made on the back of my hand. I have used this balm on my face a couple times and it works well. But I prefer The Inkey List's balm. Farmacy's Very Cherry balm contains better-for-me ingredients than their original Green Clean balm, which I'll never use on my face. 

I would recommend doing a double cleanse method! I like The INKEY List for this, start with their Oat Cleansing balm, then follow with their Fulvic Acid Cleanser! 

The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL 

The INKEY List Fulvic Acid Brightening Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL 

Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
Photos1
  • image.jpg
testing