Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Best lip balms?

My daughter is 5, and has very sensitive and dry lips…I have a hard time finding products that work well on her lips to keep them hydrated. Please suggest a lip balm and thanks!

Faith 

Re: Best lip balms?

throughout my life, I've owned over 100 lip balms and glosses and by far my all-time favorite is the Laneige sleeping mask and/or lip balms. The flavors smell amazing and are the most moisturizing, long-lasting lip balm I have ever owned. 10000/10

My youngest daughter is 7 and we both use O’Keeffe’s Lip Repair Night Treatment (it’s the one in a jar).  No issues at all with my daughter who has sensitive skin. It’s also usually under $5. 😊

I like a brand called Sugar. 

Since your daughter is small, she may unintentionally take off any product you put on her. 

I would suggest a lip scrub. 

Kids love doing things with their fingers & she can just rub her lips with the scrub. 

My favorite lip scrub is the Sugar lip scrub. Very natural & it totally works 

Exfoliate the lips before bed! Sephora collection has a lovely stick sugar vanilla lip exfoliant or you can always make your own with oil and sugar/salt. 

I prefer to use some kind of thick balms during the day so the formula has time to set in rather slowly (all day hydration) and prefer to use the original burts bees to do just that. 

At night the Laneige Lip Mask works amazing, especially with continued use. 

This may be surprising to some (it was for me) but an amazing lip balm I found is sold at the dollar store! Vaseline Lip Therapy... my sister-in-law actually recommended it to me. I was very skeptical at first, but wow. She was right. It fixed my dry lips in a matter of days. I highly recommend getting this for dry, split, chapped lips. 

download.jpeg.jpg

Laniege is the best for me at bedtime. There is a slight odor, but it hasn’t bothered my lips.
I will also use Josie Moran Moroccan oil then put Vaseline on top. My son has even used this for his severely chapped lips. It’s easy to find tiny Vaseline jars. 

I just bought Caudalie lip care in a stick so I could have something easy in my purse.

Almond oil is another suggestion and top with Vaseline 

Ceela Naturals lip balm. Has all the good stuff in it and none of the bad, i.e., petroleum, gluten or soy. 

Aquaphor is my go to recommendation. You can get the lip repair one or use the tub that is multiuse. And there is a lip repair that also has sunscreen in it so it is good for light exposure. 

I have an obsession with lip balms and lip care. I have purchased up and down the price range from le mer to chapstick. But when I recommend to anyone with dry lip problem. I always recommend aquaphor. It really is great. 

My current day use is jouer. But honestly. Just go with aquaphor. 

Wow I have the exact same experience with having bought multiple lip balms at many price levels and am also using the Jouer one during the day as of right now lol! People seem to sleep on their lip balm when it’s actually really good. I have super super super dry lips all the time and would love to get a cheaper option though. Since we seem to have similar experiences w/lip products, which aquaphor product do you use specifically when needing to heal dry/cracked lips and how often? I’ve tried the brand before but I always feel like I would need sometime of balm under it or maybe am doing something wrong 

This is the one!! @SelenaC3 Buy the "all skin purposes" not the actual lip balm one....the bigger tube is the one that works!!

Immagine 2022-04-06 133018.png

@Skunk12puzzola  Awesome I really appreciate your help, thank you so much!!! I haven’t tried this one before so I’ll definitely be picking it up tomorrow. Anything to save my crusty lips, lol. Thanks!! 😄

Yes @SelenaC3 it's very effective. Also, because it's an all over moisturiser, you can use it on your hands, dry patches, cuticles, elbows, rashes etc. If you want to know more about it, I highly recommend you to talk with this woman @WinglessOne . She is the OG of skincare on this community chat 💗 and she uses aquaphor daily.

Every night before bed I use Lano 101 Ointment Multi-Balm Coconutter 0.35 oz/ 10 g 

vaseline!! I really like their lip therapy line. I like burts bees too but vaseline is the absolute best for me. It heals my lips right away! My sister has sensitive lips and they get dry easily. Vaseline is the only product that has worked wonders for her so far. 

I 100% second this!! Vaseline Lip Therapy is literally the best in my opinion. 

@maximinastarlett i don't see this mentioned yet unless I am missing something but as a mask treatment the Bite Beauty Agave+ Intensive Vegan Lip Mask is amazing. It's super gentle and wonderfully yet delicately scented and extremely hydrating. This is a lot thicker its a true MASK. 

Burts bees 🙂

@maximinastarlett I put straight Vaseline on my boys lips

@maximinastarlett I'm surprised LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C hasn't been mentioned.  That's my go-to.

Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 4.02.49 PM.png
  • GUEST_aef3b08c-24cb-4021-80fb-b657acbeb702.jpe
  • download.jpeg.jpg
  • Immagine 2022-04-06 133018.png
testing