Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Best good moisturizer?

My skin is overall oily but can get very dry in the morning after I wash my face. However it will still get greasy again on its own within a few hours, and I've had a lot of trouble finding a moisturizer that isn't too heavy but will still keep the dryness away, especially in my cheeks. So far I've had better luck with First Aid Beauty products, but can get a little too much like cold cream for my liking during the summer time. I used to use Clinique moisturizers but I don't like the feel on my skin much anymore. Does anyone have a good moisturizing cream or lotion that isn't too heavy but will still get rid of dryness? Thanks!

I used to have a similar problem and was struggling to fi...

I used to have a similar problem and was struggling to find a moisturizer untill I found out that I was missing something very important in my skin routine - an essence. What I do now is, after I cleanse my face in the morning, I use a cotton round soaked with micellar water to fight the hard water where I live, and use the Blithe Vital essence. I don't use a toner since I still haven't found one that I really like but the micellar water and especially the Blithe essence soothe my dry and tight skin right away. This gives me a chance to use much less moisturizer than before with much better results (my skin does not overproduce oil to fight the dryness). I personally use REN Blemishes be gone set (great gentle clay cleanser and light moisturizer, and when bought as a set - an amazing value).

Re: Best good moisturizer?

BareMinerals Bare Haven Essential Moisturizing Soft Cream - $35. I love love love this product. This is a bit expensive and it does run out fairly quickly but I am obsessed with how it makes my skin feel! It's really light and has an amazing scent. I typically apply this to my face and neck every morning and night and it works wonders, my skin has this glow and I love it!

Anonymous Insider

Glow Recipe - Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask is super light but pushes in a lot of moisture. I think all the ones from Fresh are super great too! The Rose, Lotus or Black Tea are all super smooth and works great for me.

Are you using face masks on the regular? Not sleeping masks but regular leave on for 10/15/20 min ones? I find a moisture focused one of these really made a difference in my skin when used regularly to maintain balance. Your skin may get slightly oilier in the beginning as your skin adjusts but after a while it will thank you for it!

X

RE: Best good moisturizer?

belief aqua bomb

the Belif Aqua Bomb!

the Belif Aqua Bomb!

The YuBe moisturizer from Japan is absolutely fantastic. Definitely quenches your skin without the feeling of any residue. It also feels like a primer for your makeup.

For me the combo of Sunday Riley Luna oil at night and the ole henriksen counter balance hydrator in the morning works wonders

Oily skin is my life. 

I used to wash my face in the morning and by the afternoon I felt like I hadn't even washed my face in the first place.

I started by looking over my routine and noting that my cleanser was too harsh, which made my skin produce even more oil to make up for all the oils my cleanser had stripped my skin of. Then I started adding some hydrating products to balance my skin out.

As far as moisturizers go, I would recommend a water based one. Something like Belif's aqua bomb or Tatcha's water cream. 

I like the Kate Summerville oil free moisturizer in the l...

I like the Kate Summerville oil free moisturizer in the lavender container. you press on the top and a small amount dispenses. I have combo skin, so this is a great one during the summer months when my skin can become an oil slick. It's not quite enough in the winter when the weather where I live drops below 10 degrees. that's when I use Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream.
Anonymous Insider

I swear by first aid beauty skin rescue deep cleanser with red clay and there ultra repair face moisturizer, I also use extra virgin coconut oil at night. I have combo oily/dry skin and milk rosacea on my cheeks.

Try the CeraVe moisturizing cream.  It's thick and extremely moisturizing but oil free.  It will help with the dryness without being greasy. Hope this helps!

Anonymous Insider

Yea it is great

My friend has skin like yours and she swears by Belif Aqua Bomb. Maybe give that one a try?

@SqdwrdTrtllini I think CeraVe PM would work well for you 🙂

i use farsali cares 24 k elixir. it is a little pricey but it makes your skin feel so hydrated and it gives you a youthful glow. i also put it on my lips before applying matte lipsticks and i put it on my lips routinely as well. the little flakes of gold keep my lips and skin hydrated and looking fresh/giving it a little glow. 

Would it be good for oily skin?

I use Tartes Maracuja Oil it is amazing! Definitely see a difference if I don't use it. Highly recommend! Full size and travel sizes 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Do you try Sleepping Water Mask of Laneige yet ? I recommend that because I watched some youtuber had a oily skin likes you , their review about that good and then I bought a mini size from Target with $5 dollars to try them, but exactly I did not likes them cause my type skin is dry but I gave it to my sister , she had a oily skin , she applied Sleeping Water of Laneige to over night , and her skin did not dry in tmr.

@Anonymous Do you work for this company or something? Because all your posts (and you're super new) are all regarding this particular brand.

Anonymous Insider

i wish then id get them free lol 

im new on Sephora its just my favorite products , so thought id put it out there, with soooo many so called good products

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 11.20.34 PM.png
testing