cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Best for teen skin??

Hi lovelies!

My name is Olivia and I have noticed my skin starting to break out quite a bit recently and was wondering what some good skin care products were for the following

• Blackheads (mostly on my nose)
  • Acne (whiteheads)
  • Acne scars
  • uneven texture

thanks so much!

-Olivia

RE: Best for teen skin??

Hi! I'm also a teenager with acne and what helped me the most was buying Differin gel. It is what you could get at a dermatologist's office but in the drugstore. You can research the ways it helps too. It worked wonders for me. Hope this helps!

Re: Best for teen skin??

Any product with salicylic acid will clear up your skin. A nice 2% face wash should do the trick.

Clarins Youth line is amazing and use a nice, always clea...

Clarins Youth line is amazing and use a nice, always cleaned and rinsed out well, CLEAN, face cloth like Erase Your Face towels. You can buy it all from Sephora or a drugstore. You dont want to over scrub your skin to remove impurities and Clarins has a really nice peel that helps with regular use and that face towel by Erase your face really get into the pores and cleans them out well!

@oliviawort25 I also think you could benefit from Retin-A 🙂

@oliviawort25 I'm so happy you are using a face wash instead of soap - you are one step ahead of the game!  My favorite face wash is Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser.  I would also add in a mechanical scrub - Neutrogena has some nice ones that are easy on the wallet; just steer clear of anything with too much fragrance.  My favorite, though, is Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash.  It's essential to use chemical exfoliation to fight blackheads.  Paula's Choice is the only brand IMHO that makes good BHA (salicylic acid) products; there is a 2% one that would be good for you to start with.  My favorite is the BHA 9, though.  You always want to get some oil blotting sheets; Target makes inexpensive ones.  For spot treatment, I think Clean & Clear Persagel is marvelous.  Target has a knock-off but IDK how good it is.  Good luck!

RE: Re: Best for teen skin??

I actually do have the philosophy wash that you were talking about and about once to twice a week i will use it with a facial brush to remove excess dead skin

hi @oliviawort25 !! what is your current routine ? 

my current routine is pretty basic wash my face morning and night with the fresh soy face wash and use the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel after and if I have a breakout I use the Kate Somerville EradiKate™ Acne Treatment on the spot

i think you'll find benefit from introducing a very gentle acid into your routine. this can help kill bacteria while also help maintain your skin's acid mantle which is key for warding off breakouts. 

check out either FIRST AID BEAUTY facial radiance pads (sephora) or PIXI glow tonic (target). use nightly. nothing will change overnight but with regular use you should see spots (pimples, white heads, blackheads) minimize over time. also very good to apply directly to a pimple. press it in, the sting is good (sting, though. not burning !).

all skins are different, though, of course. if you notice things getting worse, discontinue use as your skin may be sensitive to glycolic (which is in both products) or lactic (which is in the first aid beauty pads) acids. 

you are still quite young so i would not try any acids that are stronger than the two i listed. 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing