Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Best facial oil for acne-prone skin

jojoba oil vs rosehip oil for acne-prone skin- which is better?

Re: Best facial oil for acne-prone skin

@emiskin Between Jojoba and Rose hip, I think Jojoba is better because it better mimics your skin natural oils. I think Caroline Hirons discussed that in one of her TV segments on a British tv show. Squalane is also a solid choice.

Another good choice for a treatment oil, if you have active angry acne, is the Sunday Riley U.F.O. Salicylic Acid BHA Acne Treatment Face Oil 1.18 oz/ 35 mLit is a blend of many oils that can help without drying the skin. I only apply that if I am having breakouts.

Amazing. Why am I just now discovering this beauty community!? Thanks for the recommendation!

The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane 1 oz/ 30 mLwill be amazing for oily, acne-prone skin, @emiskin . It sinks into the skin very nicely and actually helps level out your oil production. I have oily skin and use this both day and night during the colder months. During summer, I use it just at night. 

I will pick this up! THANK YOU

@emiskin @howconnie 

I do not have oily skin (shiny in the summer, sure) but here's the thing.  I wear The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL

sometimes at night *only* because it is greasy. I would never wear it in the daytime.

I haven't tried jojoba oil. There are good things said about the rosehip oil ( vitamin A).

I bought that exact oil a couple of days before you mentioned it! Sounds like it was meant to be! Thanks so much

I tried that oil and my skin really likes it too. I have normal skin.

Hmm, rosehip should be better because of the vitamin c but it might be too heavy.

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing