Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Best exfoliator on the block??

Re: Best exfoliator on the block??

I use Fresh's Soy Face Exfoliant and I love it

I just bought the Lancer Polish, I'm excited to try it.  I finally tried my sample and was impressed with how smooth my skin was afterwards.  I do have some redness on my cheeks, so I try to keep any physical exfoliators I use off my cheeks and focus on my t-zone. 

I'm a fan of Dr.Brandt's microdermabrasion scrub. I use i...

I'm a fan of Dr.Brandt's microdermabrasion scrub. I use it every 3rd day. For me the exfolikate was too harsh. Made my skin red & sensitive.

RE: I'm a fan of Dr.Brandt's microdermabrasion scrub. I use i...

I love this one too. I find the particles small enough to not be too harsh

RE: Best exfoliator on the block??

ExfoliKate from Kate Somerville! It's pretty gentle on the skin and doesn't have an overpowering smell. You can still feel some of of the gritty texture without it being too much. There is also the Daily Microfoliant from Dermalogica that comes in a powder that you can mix with water for whichever texture you prefer. This one is by far one if the most gentle products I've ever used. A little goes a long way with this one.

How about the Tarte's Frxxxton Stick?  They also have a 25% off discount right now.

I've been addicted to Neogen's Lemon Exfoliating Pads. They're super easy and I believe safe to use every day! They've also just added the green tea ones which I heard are equally as amazing. 🙂 

I'm going to second the Neogen Lemon pads.  Gentle enough to use often, but I find they're effective enough I don't need to use them more than once or twice per week.

I'm a big fan of The Ordinary's 10% lactic acid treatment. It's also under $15. It works the best for me. 

@victoriablair For mechanical exfoliation, I love Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash.  For chemical exfoliation, I can't say enough about Paula's Choice BHA; I use the BHA 9, but she had 1 and 2%.  Good luck!

I tend to avoid physical exfoliators almost completely (sometimes I'll dabble with a konjac sponge), as I find they cause my skin to over-produce oil over time.

Instead, I opt for chemical exfoliators. I prefer to use a gentle formula every night, as well as a more heavy-duty mask-type once a week. My two current favorites are the Lactic Acid 10% from the The Ordinary and Drunk Elephant's Sukari BabyFacial. 

I've had good luck with exfoliators from Paula's Choice, and Drunk Elephant's Framboos Night serum is also nice, but it proved to be a little too much for my skin for daily use (every other night was fine).

http://www.sephora.com/t-l-c-sukari-babyfacial-P415777

http://www.sephora.com/t-l-c-framboos-tm-glycolic-night-serum-P392246

My skin tends to prefer AHAs, but if you're acne prone, you may want to try a BHA formula instead. Chemical exfoliators, like anything else, are highly personal and it does take some trial and error to find the right formula and percentage that will work for you. 

Depends on your concerns. I've switched to using a chemic...

Depends on your concerns. I've switched to using a chemical exfoliant as opposed to a physical one to avoid damaging the skin. Especially if you have active breakouts. The fresh sugar polish is a pretty safe bet because the granules will dissolve fairly quickly. But anything with AHAs or BHAs will do the trick too.

Hey victoriablair, 

It definitely depends on your skin type and needs, but I love Tatcha's Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder. I get to customize how much "grit" I want on any given day. It's also easy to travel with!

Bisous, 

Sian

Anonymous Insider

For sensitive skin I'd go with the fresh sugar face polish-for normal to oily skin the fresh Umbrian clay mattifying exfoliant- for all skin types the olehenrikson walnut scrub

SKIN INC pure revival peel and KATE SOMERVILLE exfolikate are amazing I tried LANCER the method polish but it was too harsh for my sensitive skin

I second Exgolikate being amazing! That, and that Lancer...

I second Exfolikate being amazing! That, and that Lancer is brutal - liquid sandpaper.

Oily skin - origins Modern Friction

sorry the browser wouldn't let me edit:/

It depends on your goal-I use a number of exfoliating products on a rotating schedule, based on my skin care needs at the moment. I've noticed my skin changes throughout the month based on hormonal fluctuations. Here are the best ones I've found:

* dry skin - Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser (perfection but so pricey) OR Pacifica Glow Baby Youthful Scrub (slightly larger granules than Tata,

but very similar effects)

* all types - Ole Henriksen Walnut Scrub. So, so good and smells amazing.

* oily - origins 

The Ole Henrickson Walnut scrub is my absolute favorite! It makes my skin so smooth. Definitely my HG scrub!

Conversation Stats
testing