Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
Anonymous Insider

Best affordable moisturizer?!?

I’ve been desperately searching for a good moisturizer that isn’t gonna break the bank. I always used just the basic Cetaphil but I didn’t do anything special. I just started using tatcha water cream and I like it so far but it really isn’t worth $70. It’s been 2 weeks since I started using it and the jar is already almost empty... I’m looking for something similar but cheaper! Any recommendations? Something to help uneven skin tone, for sensitive combination skin & prone to acne. Thanks!! ❤️

Re: Best affordable moisturizer?!?

I've always been a fan of the Mario Badescu line. Reasonably priced skincare and it has never caused me any skin issues.  Their daily moisturizer runs about $18 at most stores.

Best affordable moisturizer?!?

Hi Alissaann37, I have been using Youth to the People Superfood Air-Whip Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer Cream https://m.sephora.com/product/kale-spinach-hyaluronic-acid-age-prevention-cream-P411388?icid2=produc... for one month and can say this one is the best for my sensitive, combination skin. It's not greasy, has a light texture, and a nice smell. And, also, I tried many other samples from Sephora: Belif the true cream aqua bomb ($38), Clinique moisture surge 72-hour ($39), GlawGlow Glowstarter Mega Illuminating Moisturizer ($49), and PeterThomas Roth Hungarian Thermal Water Mineral-Rich Moisturizer ($58). Belief and PTR moisturizers set on my skin; they are tasky and didn't soak into my skin. And after a while when I touched my face, the moisturizers just convolved, rubbing off from my skin like flakes. PTR moisturizer smells awful like an alcoholwithmold.GlamGlow burned my skin a little, but I like a glow, which this one gave me. Comparing Youth to the People ( $48) and Clinique ($39), I prefer the first one because of its ingredients, and YTTP never caused breakouts.
Anonymous Insider

RE: Best affordable moisturizer?!?

aveeno

Hi @alissaann37,

BELIF - The True Cream Aqua Bombis a great alternative to the Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL.  This cream soaks into the skin immediately and provides great hydration!

I hope this helps!

Best,

Steph 

@Anonymous I agree about the CeraVe.  I love the CeraVe PM.  Plus, there's a $2 off coupon on the website you can print.  I also use Cetaphil for when I'm very dry, but I like the Night Moisturizer from the Redness Relieving line.  Good luck!  🙂

@alissaann37 I would suggest checking out CeraVe moisturizing cream or KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Ultra Facial Cream

Hi @Anonymous, 

I love the #Belif The True Cream Moisture Bomb. You get a ton of product and lasts forever! It is also very hydrating and leaves the skin soft and supple. I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

RE: Best affordable moisturizer?!?

Hi @Anonymous ! You may want to try the Sephora Collection moisture and cream with hyarulonic acid. There are an intensive and normal versions. For your skin type, I would try the normal version. I have dry, sensitive skin and use the intensive type during the say. It is $23 for 1.6 oz. Good luck.

@AnonymousUnidentified

For drugstore pricing, you might check out CeraVe. Moving up the price scale, I'd recommend Andalou Naturals ($25), First Aid Beauty ($24-30), and Belif ($38). I've used products from all except CeraVe, and they all have quality items at prices that won't break the bank nearly as quickly as Tatcha will 👍

Hey @Anonymous, have you tried anything from Kiehl's? I have dry and sensitive skin, so what I use may not work for you, but I find their products to be effective and a little goes a long way. 

Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing