Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Best Skincare

Ok. Sooo. I was interested in Kylie skin, but it has awful reviews and it isn’t that great....

😬. I was wondering if there are any skincare sets that have similar products? Face wash, face scrub, toner, moisturizer, serum, and eye cream? Thanks!

Re: Best Skincare

Most skincare brands offer all of those products. What's your skin type, @Brynnifer ? And what issues are you looking to address?

First Aid Beauty has a 10 day trial kit available direct from their site. For $25 USD, you get DS sizes of these products. 

- Cleanser: Pure Skin Cleanser 
- Exfoliation & Toner: Facial Radiance Pads 
- Serum: Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum 
- Moisturizer: Ultra Repair Cream 
- Eye cream: none, but the moisturizer might work fine under your eyes 
- Plus: Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer 

FAB does make eye creams, so you could buy one of those in addition to this trial kit if you really wanna try one. Their Facial Radiance Pads are a very gentle AHA exfoliation product that doubles as a toner. And the hydrating serum features hyaluronic acid; I almost bought that serum separately and might still do that, because HA is my combo skin’s best friend. 

Paula’s Choice direct is having a 20% sitewide sale right now. They have many kits geared toward different skin types and concerns. They also sell travel and even smaller sample (foil) sizes of several full sized products, so you could probably create your own trial kit for far less than the $125 Kylie skin kit. 🙂 

Thanks, I’ll definitely check that out!

@WinglessOne wrote:

First Aid Beauty has a 10 day trial kit available direct from their site. For $25 USD, you get DS sizes of these products. 

- Cleanser: Pure Skin Cleanser 
- Exfoliation & Toner: Facial Radiance Pads 
- Serum: Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum 
- Moisturizer: Ultra Repair Cream 
- Eye cream: none, but the moisturizer might work fine under your eyes 
- Plus: Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer 

FAB does make eye creams, so you could buy one of those in addition to this trial kit if you really wanna try one. Their Facial Radiance Pads are a very gentle AHA exfoliation product that doubles as a toner. And the hydrating serum features hyaluronic acid; I almost bought that serum separately and might still do that, because HA is my combo skin’s best friend. 

Paula’s Choice direct is having a 20% sitewide sale right now. They have many kits geared toward different skin types and concerns. They also sell travel and even smaller sample (foil) sizes of several full sized products, so you could probably create your own trial kit for far less than the $125 Kylie skin kit. 🙂 

@Brynnifer  Wow, I never realized that there are very few complete skin care sets out there. I dug around Sephora and the only one I found that compares somewhat to the range of products in Kylie’s kit that you’re looking for is this one:

Dermalogica Normal/Dry Skin Kit: 

https://m.sephora.com/ca/en/product/normal-dry-skin-kit-P423481

It includes: 

- 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Special Cleansing Gel
- 0.3 oz/ 10 mL Gentle Cream Exfoliant
- 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Multi-Active Toner
- 0.5 oz/ 15 mL Skin Smoothing Cream
- 0.1 oz/ 4 mL Intensive Eye Repair

There are other good “semi-sets” out there that you may also want to check out:

Murad Dr’s Picks for Radiant Skin: 

https://m.sephora.com/ca/en/product/dr-s-picks-for-radiant-skin-P428409

Tatcha Bestsellers Kit: 

https://m.sephora.com/ca/en/product/bestsellers-set-P420977

Hope this helps a bit. Looks like the skincare companies need to put out more complete kits to compete with Kylie 😉

(Sorry for having to use plain links in this post. It wouldn’t let me tag the products in this post so hopefully the links I provided work.)

If anyone else can think of kits that include all the items @Brynnifer is looking for in a single set, jump in here. I really struggled to find much at all 😅

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the time u spent on this

@Brynnifer A bunch of brands have sets. You can type in skin care sets and see what Sephora has. I know Origins has a great set. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing