Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Best Products for Oily Teen Skin?

My skin is super oily, and it makes my pores get super clogged and I get a lot of zits, especially with face masks for COVID. I want to try and get some oil control so I can look less oily and so my skin can breathe.

*I have a nickel allergy, so products without metal packaging/nickel sulfate in them are greatly appreciated* 

Tags:

Re: Best Products for Oily Teen Skin?

Zinc zinc and more zinc!!!!

Cetaphil foaming cleanser for oily skin is the shizz, with a couple of types of zinc, there are zinc bar soaps on Amazon you can buy (my dermatologist recommended a zinc soap, not kidding, she recommended an Amazon product), there is a simple prescription zinc cleanser used for all kinds of skin and scalp problems but it smells like dog shampoo.  Absolutely use something with a BHA every night to get dead skin out of your pores.  Use a light moisturizer because otherwise your oil pumps will freak.  The one that finally shut my oily skin up was actually Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin™ Liquid 5.07 oz/ 150 mL and not before cream, instead of it.  Two or three layers of that will give your skin the light moisture, ceramides, and ferments that will may you glow with health and not oil.  Zinc cleanser, The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum  , Ceramidin Liquid, sunscreen would be a great daytime routine.  

Are you currently using any products, @SommerThe1st? If you're starting from scratch, you'll want to build your base routine of cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen. Once you have that in place, you can add a salicylic acid treatment a few nights a week to help with the acne breakouts. And just to note in regards to the response below, serums can be a wonderful addition to a routine depending on your skin and what issues you want to address, but they definitely don't replace moisturizer. 

Hi! Currently I’m using the CeraVe Foaming Cleaner, which is fine for me right now, but I’m looking for something better. I use my sister’s Tacha Water Cream Moisturizer, but I don’t think it really works for me. I don’t currently have a sunscreen.

Can I ask what you are not liking about the Cerave cleanser? If it's too drying, you might want to switch to the hydrating version. I've had good luck with philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser and Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser. Usually a good gel moisturizer works best for oil skin. Here are a few that I really like: CosRx Oil-Free Moisturizing Lotion, belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb, Caudalie Vinosource-Hydra Moisturizing Sorbet 1.3 oz/ 40 mL, Etude House Moistfull Collagen Emulsion, Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL. And for sunscreen I like MDSolarSciences 50 mineral creme, COOLA Mineral Sun Silk Crème SPF 30 1.5 oz/ 44 mL and Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 since all of those play well under makeup. 

@SommerThe1st 

Paula’s Choice 2% BHA lotion

anything with salicylic acid (bha) will teuly help!

light moisture? Try a serum instead. Glow skin watermelon or drunk elephant b-hydra serum

Paula's Choice Glow Anywhere BHA Duo 

Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing