Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Benozyl peroxide

Hi everyone recently I’ve become interested in using benozyl peroxide and I wanted some advice. I have sensitive, acne prone and combination skin. Is there any advice you would give to me before I started using Benozyl peroxide? Thank you. 

Re: Benozyl peroxide

Hi @kizaaa ! I use Benzoyl Peroxide in my routine and would love to give you some advice! 
First I’d say to start slow. Patch test prior to using it and start with once a week. The best way (for me) is to start slow, with any new ingredient you want to try! Then you can increase to multiple times a week, or whatever works for you.

Also, make sure you wear sunscreen! SPF is super important to wear every day to protect your skin, and is especially important to wear when using Benzoyl Peroxide or an exfoliating ingredient.

Benzoyl Peroxide can sometimes be a bit drying, so follow up with a hydrating moisturizer to make sure your skin stays balanced.

I have had great luck using Benzoyl Peroxide cleansers and leave on treatments.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions. Remember that you’re beautiful no matter what ❤️ Have a wonderful day! 

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing