Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Bad reaction to SkinFix+

Has anyone else had a bad allergic reaction to SkinFix+ Barrier line?!

I bought the oil cleanser and moisturizer. My face has been on fire for the past 2 days. Just wanna make sure it’s not just me 

Re: Bad reaction to SkinFix+

I just purchased yesterday after hearing good things but after reading these reviews I’m definitely going patch test first on my skin 

Same here! Immediate reaction and I see a lot of similar comments in the recent reviews.

I just had a reaction as well, and not sure if to rinse my face or leave it! I just received the triple lipid serum and cream as as soon as I put the serum it started burning! I’m worried but I really wish is gonna go away 😭

I am using Skinfix Barrier+ Triple Lipid-Peptide Face Cream 3.04 oz/ 90 mL  cream for face as moisturizer and I personally did not have any allergic reaction but it does feel suffocating.  Not a fan of the smel but I think this is cream is for winter.

I bought and tried The #Skinfix+ moisturizer 4 days ago. I only used it once and my skin immediately started to burn so I promptly rinsed it off.

My face is still on fire! It’s been 4 days NOT using the product.  Even when my hair touches my face it hurts. This has never happened.

Does anyone have a remedy? When will it stop? 😡🔥

My skin stings every time I use the gel version of their moisturizer. It's so pricey! I'm sad.

@davidLO123 I’ve been using SkinFix Barrier+ Oil Cleanser and it’s crazy drying! Seems to me that a product that promises to restore your skin’s barrier shouldn’t suck all the moisture out of your skin. I gave it a couple weeks, but it’s just too harsh for my combo dry skin. I’m not tempted at this point to try other products in this line. 

Suggestion: Try only ONE new skincare product at a time, whether it’s a cleanser or moisturizer or serum, experimenting with only one will let you know that any changes, positive or negative, are the result of that product and its ingredients. Use the product alone at first. Then if you don’t have any negative reactions, add your regular routine. Use for a week or two before adding another new product. 

Be careful not to double-up on acids!! Some don’t mix well. They can be super drying as well as cause burns! (The exception is hyaluronic acid which is calming and hydrating.) I know acids are all the rage rn, but for folks with sensitive, reactive skin (like mine) they may lead to more problems than solutions. 

I had a bad sensitivity reaction to theyre Gel!!

I really like theyre Mask so far so there's that.

I posted a review of the 2 products too 🙂.

ugh I decided to finally try this..remember me..Im insanely sensitive too! and my skin was burning after using the skinfix oil cleanser....Im at a loss as well 😞

bummer!!

Kim

Hi! This happened to me recently and I applied calendula cream (legit $10 on Amazon) to slug on top of the skinfix lotion and it was like magic. Calendula is great for skin procedures and is also noncomedogenic. Hope this helps!

Yes! The cleanser is really moisturizing and cooling, but my face became bloody red. 😞 

@davidLO123  Sorry you're having a bad reaction. It might not be a true allergic reaction; skin sensitivity is more common than true allergy to skincare ingredients. A friend of mine is truly allergic to carrageenan (he breaks out in hives and gets an itchy throat and tongue, among other symptoms), which is in both those SkinFix products (assuming you're talking about Skinfix Barrier+ Foaming Oil Hydrating Cleanser 6 oz/ 177 mL and Skinfix Barrier+ Triple Lipid-Peptide Face Cream 3.04 oz/ 90 mL ) —so he wouldn't be able to use them. Another friend of mine is just skin sensitive to carrageenan: she doesn't get allergy symptoms but her skin flushes red and burns. She also can't use those 2 Skinfix ingredients. (I'm not saying carrageenan's the culprit behind your issue; just using that ingredient as an example. Carrageenan's a great algae-derived hydrating ingredient for folks who aren't sensitive or allergic to it.) 

To make matters more complicated, a bad reaction like yours can take months or even years to rear its ugly head. It might not've been caused by a new product. This happened to me a few years ago: after decades of using Origins skincare products, one day my face threw a big ol' red burning itchy tantrum to let me know it hates essential oils (most Origins products are loaded with 'em), especially lavender oil. I switched cleansers and moisturizers, then occasionally tried to reintroduce a once-faithful product to my routine—and kept getting that irritation tantrum result. That process of elimination/reintroduction is how I figure out what the problem was, and I wound up changing my entire skincare routine. Note that I'm not truly allergic to lavender oil; I just have a facial skin sensitivity to it. 

Since your skin's been burning, did you roll your skincare routine back to bare basics? That should help your skin recover. Bare basics = gentle cleanser at night (not in the morning unless absolutely necessary), moisturizer day and night, and sunscreen during the day. When my skin has a bad burning/stinging reaction like that, I also have to take an antihistamine pill and do cold (eh, more like cool, not ice cold) compresses. I just noticed your post is a week old... I hope your skin's feeling better by now! 

You may want to take note of the ingredients in both those Skinfix products and keep a record of what's in your other products. It's a tedious task, but it can help you narrow down what might be ticking off your skin so you'll know to avoid products that contain that ingredient. 

Thank you for this info! I’ve had terrible reactions to products containing “marine algae” from many different brands including SkinFix, Clarins, REN and Elemis. I haven’t heard of carrageenan before, but now I will certainly check to see if those products contain it. Greatly appreciate your advice! 

Yep! I had the exact same reaction your friend had. Both the cleanser and cream made my throat burn. Must be an allergy to carrageenan. 

Yes! I stopped using these products and went back to my normal cleaner. It took a week for the rash to go away. Exederm and Like Butter mask helped me a LOT! 
Thanks for your response!

@davidLO123  Well, it might not be carrageenan in your case. Any ingredient in those products could've affected you. And if you did have a true allergic reaction—regardless of which ingredient caused it—then you should see a doctor about it soon. A true allergy can be very serious, especially if symptoms involve airway constriction. Please see a doc soon. 

@davidLO123 I personally have only used their hand cream and love it but maybe you're sensitive to one of the ingredients. Do you have any nut allergies? Both of those products have macadamia oil, and shea and coconut derivatives.

I must be. I’m mostly allergic to essential oils 

Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 18 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
testing