Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

BEST FACE CLEANSER YOU HAVE USED?

Hey everyone!

What is the best gentle cleanser you have ever used?

There is so much out there, I'm looking for something new....mind you I have eczema, your help and opinion are appreciated!

Thanks, Evie

Tags (1)

I have been using a million skin care treatments. But the...

I have been using a million skin care treatments. But the one that is the best for me are ( there is a lot) neutrogena naturals, L'Oreal 360 clean, clean and clear, biosc, and a lot more products. But what really worked the best for me is neutrogena naturals. It helps with all skin types. Hope this helps!!!!

evoulie wrote:

Hey everyone!

evoulie wrote:

Hey everyone!

There is so much out there, I'm looking for something new....mind you I have eczema, your help and opinion are appreciated!

Thanks, Evie

Thanks, Evie

I know this is a drugstore product but I really love the...

I know this is a drugstore product but I really love the Aveeno Skin Brightening Cleanser, it really is gentle yet removes all of my makeup and makes my skin look so nice!  Although, if you not a drugstore brand kind of girl, I do love the Body Shop Aloe Kit from Sephora, only $40 yet you get a cleanser, toner, day and night cream, such a good value and lovely skin~

I use REN cleanser it is a soft gel water consistency and...

I use REN cleanser it is a soft gel water consistency and is perfect for gentle skin. And Clean and Clear Morning Burst facial cleanser and facial scrub. I prefer the facial scrub better though. Hope this was helpful!

I recommend Boscia Cleansing gel. Another good one is the...

I recommend Boscia Cleansing gel. Another good one is the body shop aloe foaming cleanser in the pump.  Please stay away from the foaming cleanser that come in a tube that comes out like thick toothpaste. Those require the most chemical ingredients to make them foam up so much. those are very stripping to the skin. i know a lot of oily skin or acne skin people that go for those but it only make the oily skin produce more oil and irritate the acne skin, making skin turn red/itchy. So, if you love foaming cleanser, use the gel type or pump-foam type. 

I love the CeraVe line, their gentle cleansers are amazin...

I love the CeraVe line, their gentle cleansers are amazing for anyone, they moisturize as they take away oil. I have extremely oily skin, and my sister has dry skin, and we are both able to use it. It completely balances your skin without being to harsh. I also really like Aveeno Clear Complexion exfoliating scrub and foaming cleanser. Both are great, and cheap!!

The CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT face moisturizer I have used every...

The CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT face moisturizer I have used every day for over a year is Clinique's Even Better Dark Spot Corrector, it has significantly lifting layers (gently) of dark, purplish acne scars from my forehead and chin area, while keeping my skin hydrated yet not oily. I use that under my sunscreen moisturizer, Aveeno Positively Ageless Youth Perfecting with SPF 30... to be honest I have yet to completely "wowed" by any actual moisturizer, and trust me, I have tried a plethora, from drug store to almost everything at Sephora... recommendations?

I recommend Fresh Soy Face Cleanser.  This is gentle on m...

I recommend Fresh Soy Face Cleanser.  This is gentle on my sensitive, oily, pimple-prone skin and does not irritate.  Ask for a sample at any store before you invest in a full size tube.  Good luck!        

I have really sensitive skin and so far the best cleanser...

I have really sensitive skin and so far the best cleanser is actually not sold by sephora. I realized my skin was extremely sensitive to chemicals so using the more natural products has made me realize that my skin needed extremely gentle products. It took me years to find these: 

Evan Healey's Rose Cleansing Milk ($27.99 in Ca.) -($33.99 in Ma.), gentle and actually softens the pores so that the impurities actually come out) and a close second to that is logona kosmetik rose cleanser from germany ($19). The ones sold by sephora that are natural are not as gentle enough or are not as well done even though they say they are. (Jurlique is the only exception to this but is very expensive). Dr. Hauschka is really wonderful product but is also very expensive ($36.95-39)) And the cheaper alternative to these is the Body Shop's Aloe cleanser($14)

I've used Rx For Brown skin and it seemed like initially...

I've used Rx For Brown skin and it seemed like initially it was an ok cleanser and then when I forgot it once on a trip, I had to grab something at a pharmacy. I chose Neutrogena's Visiby Even foaming cleanser. It doesn't really foam, but it's milky with soy in it to balance and brighten and it also has little beads that exfoliate a little too. I use it with my Clarisonic and itquickly gets rid of my brown spots from old acne. I havent looked  back since!

I also get small patches of eczema and I have found that...

I also get small patches of eczema and I have found that First Aid Beauty's Cream Cleanser is the best. It doesn't dry out the skin, but is still effective enough to clean the skin. It also softens the skin. 

Currently I am regularly using prescribed Retin-A Micro G...

Currently I am regularly using prescribed Retin-A Micro Gel.  Although I have very oily skin, Retin-A is drying and makes for very sensitive skin.  I also have eczema although I do not get breaks out on my face (except for once).  Needless to say, Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel and ARCONA Berry Fruit Bar are my go-to cleansers!  Unfortunately, Sephora does not carry neither of these lines.  However, Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel and ARCONA Berry Fruit Bar are the very BEST for sensitive skin (both are natural product lines).  They are divinely scented!  These cleansers removes make up very well.  Overall, very effective facial cleansers!

I love beauty products; and I will usually try new cleansers here and there just to see if there is anything better.  My short answer is "No!" because I keep coming back to these cleansers.  ARCONA has a higher price point that MB.  The next best cleanser for sensitive skin is SkinMedica Sensitive Skin Cleanser.  This cleanser is excellent for a squeaky clean face.  It's definitely perfectt for the nights I prep and cleanse my face before applying Retin-A Micro Gel.  It is fragrance free which honestly is the only downside because I'm just a sucker for well-scented beauty products/cleansers. 

Sephora, please consider carrying Mario Badescu, ARCONA and SkinMedica skincare products in the future!

BTW, I've been curious about Boscia and Ole Henriksen.

I use Cetaphil, and many celebraties do the same!  It's n...

I use Cetaphil, and many celebraties do the same!  It's not available on Sephora, but it's cheap at a drugstore, and allows for extra savings to be spent at Sephora!  Smiley Happy  

I have tried several facial cleansers over the years.  My...

I have tried several facial cleansers over the years.  My two favorites are Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash and Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. Both easily remove dirt and oil but aren't harsh on my skin.  Both are also very affordable.  Cetaphil costs $8 for 8 fl. oz., while Purpose costs $6 for 6 fl. oz.  I have been to dermatologists who have recommended these products over pricier cleansers.  They told me that basic drugstore cleansers are very effective at removing excess dirt and oil without skin damage.  They also said that since cleansers don't stay on your face for a long time, fancy ingredients don't really have time to absorb into your skin.

So the question is Purpose or Cetaphil.  My personal preference is for the Purpose wash, because I have oily skin, and I find that Purpose does a better job of controlling oil.  However, you might prefer Cetaphil, because it is the gentler of the two. It is especially good for dryer skin, because it leaves skin with a moisturized feeling, rather than the squeaky clean feeling like Purpose. Furthermore, because Cetaphil is a gentle cleanser, it is supposed to be good for eczema.  Since you have eczema, I would recommend the Cetaphil over the purpose for you.

Hands down Purity by Philosophy is the best! It's an amaz...

Hands down Purity by Philosophy is the best! It's an amazing product and leaves your skin so fresh and healthy looking. The cleanser is very light and doesn't leave your skin with any residue or icky feeling. It has a scent that personally isn't pleasing to me but it leaves me beyond satisfied and it's a product worth the price.

Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser

Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser

I think the most gentle cleanser I've ever used is REN's...

I think the most gentle cleanser I've ever used is REN's ClearCalm 3 Anti-Blemish Clay Cleanser. I've used Murad's Clarifying Cleanser and Philosophy's On a Clear Day cleanser and just about every brand found at drug stores, but I definitely liked REN's the best because the ingredients are natural. You get to actually massage your face without overdrying your skin and it never leaves your face all tight and dry. It also doesn't contain sulfates, menthol, and parabens. Hope this helps!

Dr. Murad, skin soothing cleaner. :smileyhappy:

Dr. Murad, skin soothing cleaner. Smiley Happy

Sephora doesn't carry it, but Cetaphil is an excellent cl...

Sephora doesn't carry it, but Cetaphil is an excellent cleanser. It is perfect for sensitive skin and will not breakout or irritate skin. You can buy it pretty much anywhere. The bar form is better than the liquid too.

Credentials Vita Pure Cleansing Milk for sensitive skin

Credentials Vita Pure Cleansing Milk for sensitive skin

The BOSCIA PURIFYING CLEANSER is the BEST! I dont just ha...

The BOSCIA PURIFYING CLEANSER is the BEST! I dont just have sensitive skin, i have hyper-sensitive skin! And its the only thing I can use on my face that doesnt irritate my skin or break me out. I've been using it for 2 years and will never look back. And believe me I have tried almost everything, and this is the only cleanser that hasnt failed because THE BOSCIA PURIFYING CLEANSER: 

-REMOVES MAKEUP EFFECTIVELY; when I first starting using this i had heavier makeup days)!                        

-DOESNT IRRITATE OR BREAK ME OUT

-DEEP CLEANS, BUT GENTLY 

-ALL NATURAL

-ANIT AGING

-GIVES ME AMAZING GLOWING SKIN THAT DOESNT NEED MAKEUP ;

I only ever wear blush on my skin now)!

-I USE STRONG PRESCRIPTION GRADE ACNE CREAMS AND THIS WORKS GREAT WITH THEM

-A GREAT ALL YR ROUND CLEANSER; keeps my skin balanced through all seasonal changes) 

-MY SKIN LOVES IT JUST AS MUCH AS THE DAY I STARTED USING IT; dnt have to worry about switching products because your cleanser doesnt work as well anymore)      

42 Replies
Conversation Stats