Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

BEST FACE CLEANSER YOU HAVE USED?

Hey everyone!

What is the best gentle cleanser you have ever used?

There is so much out there, I'm looking for something new....mind you I have eczema, your help and opinion are appreciated!

Thanks, Evie

Tags (1)

Personally, I love Kate Somerville Gentle Daily Wash.  I...

Personally, I love Kate Somerville Gentle Daily Wash.  I have really sensitive acne-prone skin, and this cleanser doesn't irritate, dry out, or breakout my skin.  I've been using it for about 5 months with my Clarisonic, and I love it!  My skin is the clearest it's ever been.  Another plus is that one bottle will last you quite some time.

Best of luck Smiley Happy

Ole Henriksen African Red Tea foaming facial cleanser, it...

Ole Henriksen African Red Tea foaming facial cleanser, it is all natural and safe for sensitive skin.  Works amazingly!

Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser is a naturally effectiv...

Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser is a naturally effective blend of grape extracts, sage, and chamomile that provide vitamins, purifying benefits, and soothing effects, removing makeup and impurities while improving your overall complexion wellbeing. From the first use, your complexion looks more toned and radiant. This wash works for all skin types, and is especially tuned to the needs of combination and sensitive skin.  You can find it at:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P12978&categoryId=B70

A bottle will last you for months.  I hope this helps. Smiley Happy

My favorite 'expensive" go to  cleanser is Korres 3-...

My favorite 'expensive" go to  cleanser is Korres 3-in-1 Milk Proteins Cleansing emulsion. It's a gentle cleanser, makeup remover, and toner in one that doesn't irritate or dry out my combination/oil acne prone skin. $22

My favorite drugstore brand is Neutrogena Naturals Pore Purifying scrub. It has natural salicylic acid to help reduce acne, jojoba beads to clear out your pores and exfoliate your skin, but it's nondrying or irritating. Gentle enough for everyday use even by sensitive skin. $7.99

Good luck!

The best gentle cleanser I use is Philosophy Purity.  I n...

The best gentle cleanser I use is Philosophy Purity.  I never strips my skin and removes all of my make up.  I can even use it in the eye area to remove all traces of mascara.  It comes in many sizes for you to try out or splurge on one that will last you a long time. 

The cleanser has thousands of reviews and still maintains above a 4 star rating.  That should tell you something Smiley Happy

Good Luck <3

I really like the Purity Cleanser too. It is very gentle...

I really like the Purity Cleanser too. It is very gentle and definitely doesn't irritate the skin. 

I have eczema also!! I use the First Aid Beauty Face Clea...

I have eczema also!! I use the First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser and it does not make my eczema worse. I really want to try Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil.

I liked the first aid beauty cream and cleanser. This was...

I liked the first aid beauty cream and cleanser. This was my first time using Sephora and I really didnt know what to expect. I was really impressed with the first 2 uses.

I have very sensitive skin and had many contact dermatiti...

I have very sensitive skin and had many contact dermatitis reactions to a wide range of products. The very BEST wash for this type of skin is Ole Henriksen Red Tea foaming cleanser. The pump lasts for a long time and it is thorough though gentle.

REN cleansing milk  or rose cleasner is very good for sen...

REN cleansing milk  or rose cleasner is very good for sensitive skin.  Clarins cleansing milk is also really good.

Fresh Soy Face Cleanser is great for very sensitive skin....

Fresh Soy Face Cleanser is great for very sensitive skin. I had used Philosophy Purity for months and until I started using Fresh again and didn't realized how much it aggrivated and stripped my skin! Its advertised as gentle, but its not. My skin was red for MONTHS because of it! Definitely try Fresh's line of Soy products!

Peter Thomas Roth's Gentle Foaming Cleanser. I am very im...

Peter Thomas Roth's Gentle Foaming Cleanser. I am very impressed with this. It is gentle, yet it still takes off all of my makeup (including waterproof) and leaves my face fresh and clean. I will continue to use this.

Definietly BOSCIA, there are no sulfates,(so it won't str...

Definietly BOSCIA, there are no sulfates,(so it won't strip your skin) no dyes, no fragrance, and no preservatives at all.  If your oily or combo go with the gel cleanser(foaming) & if your dry go with the cream cleanser(non-foaming).  You will thank me!!

DDF Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel   I have extremely sensi...

DDF Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel

I have extremely sensitive skin and this is the ONLY foaming face wash I've been able to use long-term without any reaction -- I have tried most everything.  Also, it seems to have cleared up the mild rosacea I sometimes experience.  It is expensive, though, but it's worth it for me.

Spectro Gel is the best gentle cleanser.

Spectro Gel is the best gentle cleanser.

My favorite is Burt's Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Clea...

My favorite is Burt's Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Cleansing Cream. It's sulfate-free, paraben-free, and full of natural ingredients. 

Juice Beauty Cleansing Milk!! Great for not drying out yo...

Juice Beauty Cleansing Milk!! Great for not drying out your skin its amazingly hydrating!!

I have extremely sensitive skin, but can be prone to brea...

I have extremely sensitive skin, but can be prone to breakouts...I used Dermalogica Gentle Cleanser for years.. All the Derm products for sensitive skin are good..but now I'm in love love w/ Kinerse Gental Daily Cleanser as well as their ay and night moisturizer-Doesn't make me break out...Also if you need to exfoliate but are a tad bit leery because of sensitive skin Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant is brillant!

Purity by Philosophy!

Purity by Philosophy!

I have eczema as well - on my face :( Hands down, the bes...

I have eczema as well - on my face Smiley Sad Hands down, the best cleanser I have used is Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Cleanser. Not everything in that line is good..in fact, most things irritated me, but the cleanser is amazing. It takes some getting used to because it is not foamy (foaming agents are irritants) but it MELTS makeup off your face and really gives you perfect skin. Love!! In the morning time I use SpectroDerm. It is no good for taking off makeup but its is a good morning cleanser for keeping skin moist and soft. I have paired the two for about a year now and have really kept the eczema at bay.

I've tried Philosophy's Purity as well and it irritated my skin...it has natural irritants in it like essential oils which are just fragrance (a major irritant).

42 Replies
Conversation Stats