Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

BB Creams?

I've been wanting to try BB Creams but don't know if it's worth it. For those of you who have tried it, what do you think of it? Also,  which one would you recommend over others? Finally, how pale do you have to be to wear a BB cream? Doesn't really have anything to do with Sephora but I would appreciate your help. ThanksSmiley Happy

Accepted Solutions

I have been using BB Creams for many years now. There is...

I have been using BB Creams for many years now. There is some history behind BB Creams which I'm sure you can look up online to get the full story.

I LOVE using my BB Cream. I am from Korea and in Korea, BB Creams are EVERYWHERE. I currently use the BB cream from The Face Shop which I believe there is US website for. For the most part, BB Creams tend to be really light and color choices are limited. They tend to go on a little ashy or gray but will adjust to your skin tone. BB creams vary in their coverage as well but most provide medium coverage. I use my BB Cream as my foundation.

For ones that I think are good are: The Face Shop BB Cream  - there is a button to make it all English - but you can't purchase online - there is a store in NYC on Koreatown street), Missha BB Cream, Skin79 BB Cream .

If you live anywhere near a korean beauty store (Usually large Korean grocery store like HMart will have a beauty store inside of it that sell BB Creams), you can see variety of them and choose the one you want. If you buy online, there is likelihood you may purchase a fake - as I have seen bloggers purchase Skin79 Fakes so be careful.

I would say if you are darker than MAC NC40 - it might look too ashy. Most shades come very light - don't know why... but I think it's because it's so popular in Korea and most Korean women are around NC30 or lighter side.

Hope this helps in any way!

All Replies

I have been using BB Creams for many years now. There is...

I have been using BB Creams for many years now. There is some history behind BB Creams which I'm sure you can look up online to get the full story.

I LOVE using my BB Cream. I am from Korea and in Korea, BB Creams are EVERYWHERE. I currently use the BB cream from The Face Shop which I believe there is US website for. For the most part, BB Creams tend to be really light and color choices are limited. They tend to go on a little ashy or gray but will adjust to your skin tone. BB creams vary in their coverage as well but most provide medium coverage. I use my BB Cream as my foundation.

For ones that I think are good are: The Face Shop BB Cream  - there is a button to make it all English - but you can't purchase online - there is a store in NYC on Koreatown street), Missha BB Cream, Skin79 BB Cream .

If you live anywhere near a korean beauty store (Usually large Korean grocery store like HMart will have a beauty store inside of it that sell BB Creams), you can see variety of them and choose the one you want. If you buy online, there is likelihood you may purchase a fake - as I have seen bloggers purchase Skin79 Fakes so be careful.

I would say if you are darker than MAC NC40 - it might look too ashy. Most shades come very light - don't know why... but I think it's because it's so popular in Korea and most Korean women are around NC30 or lighter side.

Hope this helps in any way!

I would say to give Missha M Perfect Cover BB cream a try...

I would say to give Missha M Perfect Cover BB cream a try (in the red tube).  I am super super fair (I wear alabaster in Bobbi Brown) and Missha (as far as I know) is one of the only BB creams that has at least 4 different colors to choose from: #13, #21, #23, & #31.  I wear #13 and it matches perfectly.  They just came out with #31, and I've heard it's not necessarily dark enough for African American toned skin, however, it is dark enough for a South Asian skin tone. 

BB Cream is something you kind of have to get used to.  It feels thick when you first put it on.  It's not really liquidy like a tinted moisturizer.  It offers a bit more coverages than a tinted moisturizer.  Just a side note: I was getting some make up done at the Laura Mercier counter in Nordstrom and the make up artist mentioned that there really is no such thing as tinted moisturizer, it's just a light foundation, but the name is what made it so popular.  I guess it's kind of a gimmick.  Anyway, since the BB creams have such high SPF, it's a little like wearing an SPF, only it seems to absorb a bit better than your basic SPF.  I honestly don't put any powder over mine, and by the end of the day I don't feel oily (and I've got combo skin...oily around nose/forehead/chin).  You can get the BB Cream on Amazon for fairly decent prices.  I've heard Skin Food is good too, but don't know if it comes in as many colors.  I'd say give it a try if you are curious.  It hasn't made me break out or anything and my skin does feel fairly soft now.  SPF is good for you, so maybe it's a good habit to start??

Re: I would say to give Missha M Perfect Cover BB cream a try...

Hi there, I really wanted to try the M color #23... can I ask where you got yours? Thanks!

i've only tried the missha varieties, but so far they are...

i've only tried the missha varieties, but so far they are the best thing i have ever used for my skin! they go on easily and cover well, though you can get ones with more or less coverage. i love that i can just use that as my foundation and nothing else! the only thing i would say is if you do use it make sure your skin is well moisturized before you put it on, even though they are like a moisturizer in their consistency, if your skin is at all dry it will just look weird and flaky. but if your skin is moisturized, then it will look great Smiley Happy i will probably never go back to regular foundation ever again. plus they're pretty affordable! mine lasts multiple months at a time and they usually only cost 20-30ish dollars for a tube. 

Re: i've only tried the missha varieties, but so far they are...

Hi there, I really wanted to try the M color #23... can I ask where you got yours? Thanks!

Hi there, I have been using BB creams for some time now a...

Hi there, I have been using BB creams for some time now as well. I have combo/oily skin prone to breakout and I am not asian, so I was a little worried about colors at first (for reference I am bteween NC 25-30). I think they are great. The ones sephora has are terrible, I hope they can make a deal with the Korean companies like missha and skin79 because I really want to try those (I heard the colors are darker). Dr. Jart acutally has some good ones too, like the sliver and black label but I dont know why they chose to bring in the blue label, which isnt that great, IMO. Hopefully they will bring the rest of the line. I currently use a bb cream from the Face Shop, in Ktown in NYC, they actually have a great selection of bb creams (and their masks are great too!) If you are looking to try one out, def go there for your first bb cream. Dont even try Bosica's - its not a real bb cream.

BB creams are supposed to be tinted mositurizers, they are so much more. I use my as a foundation and my skin looks flawless!! It looks airbrushed, I love it! The one I use is called Oil cut and its probably a shade lighter than my skin tone so I have to apply bronzer on but overall it looks great. I would def recommend. GL with your search

There's a sale going on now at the Missha website (missha...

There's a sale going on now at the Missha website (misshaus dot com). I haven't tried Missha BB cream yet, but I really want to. :smileyhappy:

I have tried the Boscia BB cream, from Sephora, and I thought that it was decent. I have a medium skin tone (I normally wear MUFE HD foundation in shade #127), and I felt like it was a pretty good match for my skintone. Missha #23 was the shade that I was going to get as well.

I have tried both the too faced BB cream and the Boscia B...

I have tried both the too faced BB cream and the Boscia BB cream. I found the Too Faced BB cream to be more creamy and hydrating,also it did not have hardly any shimmer in it at all ,if any and also you can choose between four different colors. I am fair (MAC NW 15-20) so the vanilla glow(lightest shade)  worked well for me it . The only downside was that the lightest color was more on the yellow side then pink ,so if you have a warm complexion it will blend a little better then if you had a cool complexion. I found the Boscia BB cream to not be as creamy and harder to apply and blend , it seemed some what dry but not to the point of where it would be drying to you skin. Also Boscia BB Cream only comes in one shade and I was a little to fair to wear this color, it made me look a little orangey I think. However this BB cream had more of a pink undertone so it might  work on someone who has a cool complexion but is as fair as me. Also Boscia BB had shimmer in it that was more noticeable then the Too Faced BB Cream.  Overall I prefer the Too faced BB cream so far since it felt creamier and more moisturizing , also because it had different colors to suit multiple skin tons and did not have a lot of noticeable shimmer in it. Also to me this BB looked more natural then the Boscia.  I would recommend if you have a Sephora near you to stop in the store and as for samples of the BB creams them offer to see which one suits you the best.  I have also heard that in Feb  of this yet Garnier will be launching a BB cream as well that you will be able to buy at your local drug stores.

Re: BB Creams?

You can find great makeup at Target.  Love that store.  Sometimes the cheaply kinds there are the best-- i.e. Dream BB Cream by Maybelline.

I meant to say, "cheapy kinds."

I love Estee Lauder's Double Wear All Day Glow BB Cream. It lights up my face in a lit from within way and makes my skin look great because it's so moisturizing. I used to wear foundation, but now I only use some on my nose for work. For me this BB Cream has largely taken the place of the foundation in my life. Incredibly it lasts just as long as the Double Wear foundations, so I need no touch ups in a 10-12 hour working day. This is perfect for me in every way Smiley Happy

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors