Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Ask me anything!

I am an esthetician who is stuck at home bored during quarantine!! Ask me your biggest skincare/makeup questions and I will answer! Or feel free to contact me with questions!

Re: Ask me anything!

From the way it sounds, I think you have oily/combination skin. But it could also be dehydrated. oily/dry/combination refers to oil production only. I suggest exfoliating once or twice a week and using a mud mask with it. Also having a skin care routine and using an oil cleanser (I know it sounds weird but trust me). Drink lots of water and use some water based products.

Ask me anything!

What would you recommend for hyperpigmentation? I have it on my forehead, and cheeks, for about 4 years now super annoyed with it already. I have combination skin, 38yrs old. Desperately need help, I just want it gone... please help

Well first of all hyperpigmentation is caused by a certain mutation triggered by UV light. Which means, sunscreen is your friend. Wearing a 30 SPF (or higher) will protect your skin from getting worse. I also suggest putting on a Vitamin C serum in the mornings. Wearing hats and avoiding the sun also helps.

To get rid of hyperpigmentation, exfoliation. Exfoliating once or twice a week is great (chemical or physical exfoliants). I would also suggest going to see your local esthetician or dermatologist about chemical peels or other services that may help. These include: microneedling, microdermabrasion, dermaplaning, CO2 laser, ect...

These fixes will take time so be as patient as possible with your skin ❤️

RE: Ask me anything!

Hi! Do you have any recommendations for a good toner? My main issues are acne, blemishes/scarring, and redness. I also have oily skin. Please let me know if there’s something you’d recommend. Thanks! Take care 🙂

Re: RE: Ask me anything!

I recommend thayers toner, you can find it at target or ulta

hello, I hope you are doing well.

I have been trying to have a skin care routine and decided to use the ordinary but I had a reaction from it and stoped using it although I do use the exfoliator. my skin type is combination, I have clogged pores around my nose area and the rest of my face is pretty dry. I'm 20 years old but I have smile lines around my mouth area. my skin is quite sensitive and dull. I rarely break out but when I do the scars do not heal. 

since you have sensitive skin I suggest you use physical exfoliants, as they are gust as good but are less irritating. I also suggest going to your local esthetician or dermatologist and receiving dermaplaning or microdermabrasion. They can also suggest products that will not irritate your skin.

*Just double check they have their license and are certified in those services

Ask me anything!

Hi, I'm 26 years old and I've a quite dry skin.. So, I was wondering if I can use ole henriksen truth serum( Vit C) in the morning along with laroche posay hyal+B5 and then apply moisturizer n sunscreen, and on the same night I want to apply lactic acid with hyal+B5 and moisturizer. Please tell if it is fine to use all of it in that way

They all sound like great products but I would change up your order.

Morning: Vitamin C -> moisturizer -> sunscreen

Night: serum (alternate between lactic acid and hyaluronic acid) -> moisturizer

i need help finding the perfect skin care product. I have very oily skin but it gets over dried with certain over the counter store products, i have very large open pores on my nose area and cheeks that i would love to get rid of, i also have blackheads and acne, can you help suggest something?

@Carli3501 wrote:

I am an esthetician who is stuck at home bored during quarantine!! Ask me your biggest skincare/makeup questions and I will answer! Or feel free to contact me with questions!

I just replied to someone with a very similar question so definitely reference that! It is a few posts down.

I will say there really is no "perfect product." Everyone's skin is different and has different needs. I would try out some different brands and see what works for you. Some good brands to look into are Mario Badescu, Glo, Lira, and Farmacy. Those are some of my all time favorite brands. Ranging from lower priced products to more expensive to professional products. 

I would suggest visiting your local esthetician or dermatologist about getting you on the perfect skincare routine! Seeing your skin in person and both of you being able to ask questions is very helpful. They can recommend products that work for you specifically. If you live in the Fort Collins/Timnath area of Colorado you can come see me!! 

I hope this answered your question! If not feel free to ask clarifying questions!

I keep hearing about products I can and can’t mix. How do I know what I can use together?

This is a great question!! The only thing you should be super careful about are  chemical exfoliants. Exfoliation is amazing but too much exfoliation can be damaging. For example The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL is a wonderful product that exfoliates the skin and can be used 1-2 times per week but you would not want to pair this product with another "active" product like FARMACY - HONEYMOON GLOW AHA Resurfacing Night Serum with Hydrating Honey + Gentle Flower Acids(which is also a great product). Overlapping chemical exfoliants can damage your skin and can be too aggressive.

Other than that, most products will say "Do not use with specific ingredient." Then all you would have to do is check the ingredients in your other products to make sure they do not have that specific ingredient.

Hi, I don’t have active acne but I have some scars left from last year,they’re not exactly scar-scars, they’re like just red, smooth and flat.. it’s just the color that’s remaining.. and I have blackheads and whiteheads too, I don’t know what product to choose to help my skin. And my skin type is oily 😕 Please help

For the scars and the blackheads/whiteheads, I suggest exfoliation. There are two types of exfoliation, physical and chemical exfoliation. Facial scrubs are a great example of physical exfoliation. They will gently remove any dead skin that may clog your pores creating black/whiteheads. Some things to note when looking for a facial scrub, avoid any that have sugar, salt, coffee or plastic beads as ingredients. These can create micro-tears or cuts in your skin! Not good! My suggested ingredient is jojoba beads. They are the best physical exfoliant because they are active but gentle. Chemical exfoliants are also great! There are a lot of good choices like The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL which is one of my all time favorites. You should exfoliate 1-2 time per week. Chemical exfoliation and physical exfoliation encourage a faster and more efficient cell turnover rate, which is the cycle your skin goes through when it sheds dead skin cells. As you get older, this process slows down and can cause problems like black/whiteheads. Helping this cycle along can also help with scarring. You can also visit your local esthetician or dermatologist to receive advanced exfoliation services. (Or at least discuss your options/what would work best for your skin)

This may sound weird but for oily skin, I always suggest an oil cleanse. Sometimes the skin will over produce oil if it feels there is a lack of oil present. Introducing an oil cleanse can encourage your skin to relax it's oil production. Also oil cleansers are very good at pulling dirt and other oils out of your pores which can cause black/whiteheads if there is enough build up. 

Mud masks are great for pulling impurities out of your skin. But be aware that using a mud mask can cause more pimples in the following days because it is pulling the impurities to the surface of the skin. But regular use (1-2 times per week) should help decrease the amount of pimples and black/whiteheads you have.

Suggested skincare routine:

1. oil cleanser

2. regular foaming or gel cleanser 

-> (1-2 times per week insert an exfoliation and face mask here)

3. witch hazel toner

4. solution serum of your choice 

5. moisturizer

6. sunscreen (especially if you increase your exfoliation!!)

RE: Re: RE: Ask me anything!

Thank youu sooooo much for your advice! I really appreciate it❤️
36 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing