Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Asian Skincare Products - 1. Are the formulations different there versus here? How? 2. Is this legitimate?

Good evening,

In the middle of the night (don't know how) I found this website. I *think* I was inspired by @Kim888 (was it you?!) - did you have pictures of Asian products, there was a blue plastic bottle with white Japanese writing on it, and I latched on that in one thread. 

I couldn't sleep so I searched high and low for Asian skincare and makeup experimentation. I have traveled some and I noticed with Parisian line Biologique recherché a difference in the formulas in their West Palm Beach US location. (To this day Biologique recherché's Serum Erythros is the best redness reducer I have tried in my whole life, but I can't exactly fly to Paris to get it. And you know supply chains for America's formulas and what they sell here on their website can be very different!)

Same with Retrouvé - who is having a 20% off sale but I can't personally get it anywhere in Northern California.

Different parts of the world, even our states, source ingredients not quite the same and they're conceptually different in national locales. Right now I am really curious about Asian skincare. I have my eye on the SK-II Essence to add to my routine (returned some gifts... thinking...)

The skincare philosophy in other parts of the world is more prophylaxis - like they would say a gym is designed for the fit to stay fit. The skincare philosophy here is a gym is designed for people looking to become fit. It's a symptom versus the ultimate progenitor's cause mentality. 

I'm open to anything but please see the below and if you have any input, that would be great. I love a range of products! I love to rotate all kinds! The 4-item regimen recommended to me for my under-eye quandaries I ordered today: Origins GinZing™ Refreshing Eye Cream to Brighten and Depuff 0.5 oz/ 15 mL , Drunk Elephant C-Tango™ Vitamin C Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL , LANEIGE Eye Sleeping Mask & The Ordinary Caffeine 5% + EGCG Depuffing Eye Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL (courtesy of someone here who knows product). The LaMer Eye Balm did NOTHING. I see results but something is bothering me! But I would love to rotate those with something else, it's how I enjoy my routines and SEE REAL CHANGE! The scalpel can't be the only answer. OMG.

Anyone who can answer the questions below, or who wants to talk about this issue -- HAVE AT IT!

I look forward to your feedback! (Wow, that Retrouvé Quartet - oh, if ONLY!!!!!!) Now back to Asian skincare...

Thank you!

🛀V21988🛀

The sale lasts until tomorrow, btw.The sale lasts until tomorrow, btw.Are these top of the line Asian skincare brands? Thoughts from the beauty connoisseur gallery?Are these top of the line Asian skincare brands? Thoughts from the beauty connoisseur gallery?

Re: Asian Skincare Products - 1. Are the formulations different there versus here? How? 2. Is this legitimate?

I am so angry with myself. I am starting another thread for those interested.

FORGET GEOGRAPHY LESSONS, IT IS CHEMISTRY LESSONS THAT COUNT.

Post going up when I can digest and organize my theses. (Yeah, I am weird - but I have good intentions and obsessions, I will post something when I can get over my mistake. Let's say I don't care about Pietra much anymore, or supply chains... I cut the chain to my wallet based on HYPE so let me check my breathin'

THANKS.)

CARE TA BARE,

V21988 from "🛀" to...🛌🛌🛌🛌🛌🛌 thx....

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 1 Contributors
Photos2
  • The sale lasts until tomorrow, btw.
  • Are these top of the line Asian skincare brands? Thoughts from the beauty connoisseur gallery?
testing