Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Are you team skincare or team makeup? Or are you a little of both?

I'd love to get to know some of the gorgeous people in the Sephora community! I've got over 7k followers on Instagram, but I don't know a soul in the Sephora community & would love to connect with fellow beauty & skincare enthusiasts & chat about all things beauty ~ skincare ~ hair ~ makeup ~ nails 💕💕

Re: Are you team skincare or team makeup? Or are you a little of both?

Great question @Sbree86. Team Skincare all the way! 

Team skincare! You? @Sbree86 

Welcome to BIC @Sbree86! 🤗 I like all things beauty but skincare has my heart! ♥️ How about you? Team skincare, makeup or both? Looking forward to seeing you on the threads! 😃

@Sbree86  For me, that’s like asking if I’m team body care (body wash, lotions/butters, etc.) or team clothes. 🤣 I want and need both! I don’t wear lots of makeup on a daily basis, but I’ve been a lipstick junkie since the 1980s (though my collection didn’t reach hoard levels until the 90s); the 80s were also my prime goth punk years. So I’m used to artistically expressing myself through makeup, be it simply one or two eyeliners + lipstick or lids full of shadows + blush + an ombré lip. I also care a lot about my skin as a canvas, especially since I don’t wear liquid/cream foundation, so skincare is essential for me—especially since my face is sensitive/reactive/allergic to certain ingredients. 

There are several ongoing BIC threads you might enjoy jumping into, as a fun way to connect with folks. Any of the brand-specific threads in the Brand Loyal group, for instance. Here are a few more off the top of my head: 

- What are you wearing today: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/What-are-you-wearing-today/m-p/1856146#M205709

- 100 days of lipstick: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Lip-Lovers/100-Days-of-Lipstick-Challenge/m-p/4103047#M65893

- 100 shades of eyeshadow: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Everything-Eyes/100-Shades-of-Eyeshadow-Challenge/m-p/4378235#M5877...

- Mask of the week: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678#M83796

- Show me your nails: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/Show-Me-Your-Nails-2-0/m-p/3431045#M12203

- Any of the monthly haul threads; here’s the September 2019 thread: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Haul-Stars/2019-Spectacular-September-Hauls/m-p/4930985#M190227

- Watch for a BIC mod to post a monthly favorites thread; here’s last month’s: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/The-August-Favorites-Thread/m-p/4925645#M82273

I’m sure other folks can chime in with more threads. 🙂 Hope to see you around BIC! 

If your skin doesn't look great, neither will your makeup.  I'm on Team Skincare 100%!  I use almost entirely Drunk Elephant, Caudalie, and Kiehl's. 

I'm fortunate to work from home.  I only put make up on when I'm leaving the house, which is only 2-3 times a week. I am not loyal to any one makeup brand, I use Urban Decay, Lancome, Too Faced, Nars (lots of Nars for lips!), and Benefit plus some others here and there. 

I use a combo of Alterna, Living Proof, and Bumble & bumble on my hair.  I also like the Verb shampoos and conditioners.  My hair is very short and I wash it daily, so I switch between products from these three brands regularly.  Right now I'm using Alterna S&C, Living Proof Styling Cream, and B&b hair spray.  When each of those is gone, I'll be using LP S&C, Alterna styling cream, and LP hairspray.  Then I'll switch again.  My hair seems to like it if I switch like that every few months.

Lately I've been working hard on using up a ton of samples and it's made me realize how much I really like my favorite brands and how much I really, really dislike so many of the others! 

Anonymous Insider

Team Skincare for sure! 

Team skincare! Makeup only takes you so far and looks so much better on a nice canvas.

@Sbree86 It's a touch choice, but I'd say Team Skincare for me 🙂  

I am a little of both. Probably more skincare honestly, as I dont wear a lot of makeup, but trying to change that up some 🙂

@Sbree86 Hi!! I love makeup, skincare, haircare, perfume and candles, nails 😆

@Sbree86 I’m more skincare than makeup but I love trying new things. Without a good base your makeup isn’t going to look good. 

I'm team both.  Addicted to both skincare and makeup.  Makeup only looks as good as the skin underneath.  I have always taken care of my skin, worn sunblock (even us WOC need to wear it) since my 20s.  I'm 49 now.  I'm more diligent in researching the products I use now, than I used to be. Use a lot of DE, some ordinary, Farmacy, some Glow recipe.  Always looking for cheaper alternatives to DE, but they are the most effect IMO.

I love both. My skin was not the best growing up so I make sure that I focus on my skincare so I don't ever have to deal with that again. However, I like to glam it up from time to time too! 🙂

RE: Are you team skincare or team makeup? Or are you a little of both?

Team Skincare 100%. The only makeup I wear is mascara, and eyebrow gel if my brows are being wild. I mainly use Drunk Elephant products, but love the Ordinary as well. I also am on Insta! @skinsitive

I am a little of both @Sbree86 . I have always been into makeup, and I always enjoy my daily skincare pampering.  Makeup has always been fun for me. I love how it lets me be creative and whimsical. I used to loved testing different skincare products, but I was usually swayed more by pretty packaging, and I didn't know how to find what works for my skin.

I have recently in the past few years started taking skincare more seriously, and I've found the brands that work best for me. Also, my makeup started looking better with my improved skincare routine. Now, I love all my routines. I love doing my double cleanse at the end of the day to take off my makeup just as much as I love putting on my daily beat, and I absolutely LOVE my weekly masking sessions. 

RE: Are you team skincare or team makeup? Or are you a little of both?

@Sbree86 I'd say I'm team skincare. I would've said differently a year ago, but I got sick and didn't even want to think about makeup. I saw that letting my face breathe really helped it clear up its blemishes and I've noticed I'm less oily as well, which is something I've always struggled with. I bought acne wipes so that I could clean my face while I was stuck in bed and just from the little that I did, today I no longer wear primer, foundation, or concealer. I still have acne and hyperpigmentation, but it's not nearly as bad as it used to be and that's something I'm super proud of. I still use the occasional acne wipe, but I've learned quite a lot since I started and now I don't just tackle the acne I have, but also try to prevent it with other products. My favorite line currently is Caudalie, but I'm starting to experiment with Murad and I'm excited to see how that goes. Ever since I stopped wearing so much makeup and started focusing more on taking care of my skin, I've noticed crazy results. Now I wear makeup to enhance what I have rather than to hide it.
16 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
testing