Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Are these face mask good?

Hello I’ve been planning to get the farmacy honey potion face mask and the cucumber gel mask by Peter Thomas Roth. I just wanted to know if they’re good products!

Re: Are these face mask good?

It depends a bit on what you're looking for, @IcyStorm but I'd argue there are probably better masks out there to fit your needs than these two. The Farmacy doesn't do much for me and I'm not a huge fan of warming masks anyway. The PTR is great for me if I put it in the fridge to use after a hot summer day outside, but other than that there's not a big effect on my skin. 

@IcyStorm 

I have only tried the farmacy one so far. I had a sample in a set I bought & fell in love, so I bought the full size despite being pricey. It is worth every penny imo.

You massage the mask into your skin, it warms up slightly, has a light pleasant honey scent  & I can definitely see a difference in my skin when I used it. The mask is a thicker consistency but I don't need much to cover my face, so it lasts a while. 

I love the Farmacy Honey mask, but with some caveats, @IcyStorm. It warms, so it might not be ideal for super sensitive and definitely wouldn't recommend for skin where the moisture barrier has been disrupted. It inspires the skin to be more hydrated, IMO, rather than being super hydrating or moisturizing on its own.

I really dislike the PTR cucumber mask. Its sticky, feels cheap and doesn't add much hydration.

What are you looking for? I was recently recommended the Caudalie Moisturizing Mask 2.5 oz/ 75 mL, Clarins SOS Hydra Refreshing Hydration Mask 2.3 oz/ 75 mL, ORIGINS - Drink Up™ 10 Minute Hydrating Mask with Apricot & Swiss Glacier Water for hydrating masks. There's also some great overnight masks, like the Origins Drink Up™ Intensive Overnight Hydrating Face Mask with Avocado & Swiss Glacier Water 2.5 oz/ 75 mL and SUMMER FRIDAYS - Jet Lag Mask.

@IcyStorm 

So they are both different! FARMACY - Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask has a slightly warming effect when you apply to the skin at first but if goes away quick, it’s a very thick mask. I absolutely love it. It hydrates my skin. 
Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask Extreme Detoxifying Hydrator 5 oz has a cooling effect almost. I like to apply this to my skin if it has irritation as it calms it down. 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing