Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Anyone else think clean an sephora should also be fragrance free?

Am I the only one who would love for clean at Sephora to be completely fragrance free products? I love the concept behind C @ S but i still have to search through the ingredients list to make sure its fragrance free. I am skincare obsessed and a skincare junky and i noticed that a few of the insta dermatologist a follow always recommend fragrance free products. Thoughts?

Re: Anyone else think clean an sephora should also be fragrance free?

in my opinion no skin care should have sents

@laurak1323 wrote:

Am I the only one who would love for clean at Sephora to be completely fragrance free products? I love the concept behind C @ S but i still have to search through the ingredients list to make sure its fragrance free. I am skincare obsessed and a skincare junky and i noticed that a few of the insta dermatologist a follow always recommend fragrance free products. Thoughts?

@laurak1323 I would like to see more fragrance-free products, but I think it will be a slow process.  So many products have fragrance in them.

@laurak1323 

IMHO, "clean" is nothing but a marketing gimmick. It makes folks feel good about what they're buying without actually paying attention to what's in it, but there is NO universal or standard definition behind the word...Sephora has just made one up, but as you have demonstrated, yours is different, and there are many others out there.

You *should* be scanning the ingredient list of anything you buy, and I am glad you are doing so. Yes, added fragrance is bad for your skin, and you are wise to avoid it. So are many natural plant oils, but they're "natural", so they must be good, right? Nope, they can be just as irritating (or even moreso) as synthetic fragrance. Same with alcohol...it's "natural" so it's allowed in "clean" items, but that doesn't make it good for you. Keep scanning the labels, and keep expanding your knowledge; don't let something as silly as a little green dot sway you from what you think is right for your skin. 😊

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing