Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Any skincare recommendations for acne/clogged pores?

Hello I'm new to this group! I've been having issues with keeping my acne under control around my chin and jawline. I exfoliate regularly and use purifying masks and gel moisturizers! Just throw me some suggestions and I'd love to try out what's been working for you all!

Re: Any skincare recommendations for acne/clogged pores?

I have the same exact issue and the Herbivore Blue Tansy mask has worked wonders for me!

I also use the Glamglow in the white packaging as a spot treatment and that works well.  Maybe get a sample and use it the next time you are having a breakout.  I have found that the Sephora brand mud mask and the Peter Thomas Roth Mud Moor Mask both work similarly to the GG.

@skunktrash I like liquid cleansers; BHA is a must-have for me (I only recommend Paula's Choice; she has 1 and 2 percent, but I use the 9 percent); scrubs (my favorite is Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash); oil blotting sheets (Target has good knock-offs).  I also use Retin-A and that helped a lot.  Good luck!

Have you tried chemical exfoliation? Using AHA's and BHA's. BHA = salicylic acid which is great for acne prone skin. 

I find using more acid products and less physical exfoliants helps my skin a little more!

Drunk Elephant has an AHA/BHA product for sure, but there are many others on the market!

I also love using Dr. Dennis Gross's sulfur mask as a spot treatment, or when its my hormonal time of the month I use a light layer under my moisturizer to prevent anything from popping up. 

I've been addicted to Kate Sommerville's Eradikate. Whenever I feel a pimple forming or see one getting out of hand, I'll use this as a spot treatment overnight and by the morning it is either gone or so much smaller.

I've also been trying a bunch of Korean sheet masks. I love the Innisfree pomegranate mask to control the redness in my acne, and their Vitamin C mask to give me an awesome glow. 

Also, when I started using Josie Maran's Argan oil as a moisturizer before bed, my acne got so much better! I think, despite my normal oiliness, that my skin was just super dehydrated so it was over-producing oil and creating breakouts. I've had a lot fewer pimples after using her oil.

To de-clog pores, remove dead skin, and increase cell turnover to reduce my acne scars, I use Dr. Dennis Gross's daily peel 2-3x a week.

Hope that helps a litte! 🙂 What exfoliators and purifying masks are you using on your skin?

RE: Re: Any skincare recommendations for acne/clogged pores?

Thank you so much for your response! I'm definitely going to try the Kate Somerville EradiKate as a spot treatment and Josie's oil too. I'm currently using the PTR Exfoliating Peel Gel maybe 3 times a week and using it as a 5 minute mask once a week. As for masks I'm using Bosica Charcoal Pore Pudding mask 3 times a week. My acne is also only on my chin but the rest of my skin is pretty clear so I'm assuming it's hormonal/stress.
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing