Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
Anonymous Insider

Antioxidants on Sensitive Skin

Has anyone else with blotchy/combination skin noticed that cleansers, exfoliators, washes, etc. with antioxidants like Vitamin C, Grapefruit, or Green Tea really dry out the face? I've tried so many products with these ingredients and some similar ones, and I keep getting the same results whenever I try to add them to my regimen.

Is it just me?

RE: Antioxidants on Sensitive Skin

These types of ingredients can be drying especially in a foam or gel . I would look to get your antioxidant cleanser from Caudalie which contains grape water for hydration and soothing but is jam packed with vitamins and antioxidants . Korres and Fresh will also deliver antioxidants in their cleansers without the drying out of your skin .
Anonymous Insider

Re: Antioxidants on Sensitive Skin

No, @Anonymous, it is not just you.  I have combination-dry and sensitive skin and certain ingredients are just triggers for my skin.  =(  Vitamin C comes in different forms, is combined with various ingredients and is delivered in different methods. It took some trial and error to figure out what my skin responded well to - I like the Eminence Rosehip Triple C + E Oil - it's pricey, but for me, it gets me my Vit C and rosehip oil in one product and does not dry out my skin.  Grapefruit does not play well with the skin on my face so I avoid.  I haven't had any problems with green tea in my skincare products.  I've not tried the exfoliating pads that @BonnieNV mentioned but have heard good things about it - the brand that makes those exfoliating pads also has a Green Tea Foam Cleanser that I like a lot - thoroughly cleanses my skin without stripping it of its natural oils - I was hesitant to try it because "foam" and "cleanser" makes me thinks it will dry out my skin but not the case here.

Anonymous Insider

I totally missed this, but thank you so much!

I would try Neogen Green Tea exfoliating pads if you haven't yet. I bought it recently and I am in love with it.  I have very sensitive skin, and I went through a period of trying products that resulted in hives and rashes to find something my skin liked. After I shower and wash my face, I use the pads on my skin as directed, wash with warm water, and my face feels supple and polished, but not in the way that my face gets overtly dry in a a matter of minutes, or oily. 

hope this helps!

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: Antioxidants on Sensitive Skin

Thank you so much!!!
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing