Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Anti-aging with dry skin AM and PM routine?

Hello!

I am a little confused as to what type of products should be used. Can anyone suggest a routine? I know a Vitamin C, Q10  Are just two of the ones to use.

Tags:

Re: Anti-aging with dry skin AM and PM routine?

Hello! I would definitely incorporate AHAs or BHAs 3x a week and retinol. For dry skin I would recommend the Ordinary retinol in squalene but start with a lower % if you never used retinol before. 

Re: Anti-aging with dry skin AM and PM routine?

@AnneK1965 whats your current routine?

CoQ10 and Vitamin C are both anti-oxidants although with different effects - Vitamin C has brightening properties and can help with hunting out free radicals on your skin to prevent finelines where as CoQ10 will boost CoQ10 production in the skin which also reduce wrinkles. Not a necessity but a nice to have - some people may also experience irrittion with vitamin C since its acidic.

I think the biggest anti-aging products to include though are a sunscreen (super important to prevent sun damage which is a huge cause of wrinkles and hyperpigmentation) and then a retinol (this is to promote cell turnover and bringing youthful cells to the surface.) If you are using a retinol the sunscreen is a MUST since it can increase photo sensitivity and the likelyhood of sunburns.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing