Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Anti-Aging

Hi all! I am looking for the best anti-aging skincare products! Price is not a issue to me as long as it really works! I am only 26 but wanting to start preventing wrinkles now. Let me know your thoughts. thanks (: xo

RE: Anti-Aging

Good Genes Sunday Riley, Flora Sunday Riley, Luna Sunday Riley, Liquid Collagen Algenist, D.N.A. Triple peptide eye cream, genius Algenist.

I agree - Lancôme has an excellent range of skincare products. I highly recommend the Genifique serum.

Lancôme has amazing creams!! They are a little $$ but well worth it

I love the fresh black tea line, it feels so good on my skin and I can definitely feel a difference, especially when I use the mask in combination with the moisturizer.

what I would recommend is the tatcha violet-c it's a face...

what I would recommend is the tatcha violet-c it's a face mask that does not dry it almost like a cream but you leave it on the longer you do leave it on the better it works I've seen it in action for my mom's wedding everyone was complimenting how young she looked

Re: Anti-Aging

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is finding a good vitamin c. Vitamin c is critical in your body's synthesis of collagen and as you age this synthesis degrades, so the sooner you start adding this to your regiment the sooner you can start slowing the degradation of collagen production. 

Vitamin c also helps neutralize free radicals in the skin, which are another big cause of aging. 

Personally. I love the Ole Henrkisen Truth Serum which you can buy here at Sephora. But if you're on a budget, The Ordinary's Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate is also very good. 

Oral Vitamin C as well as topical?

Oral vitamin c really won't help target areas like your face. In order to really protect your body's collagen synthesis you should have a topical vitamin c 

SPF is a great suggestion, especially at your age. Additionally, don't forget your eye cream. Typically that's where we start to show age first. 

I would recommend some sort of acid exfoliation. such as...

I would recommend some sort of acid exfoliation. such as drunk elephant glycolic serum or Sunday Riley good genes (lactic) definitely recommend a vitamin c serum or cream (I'm still trying to find a good one). Spf is a must and my favorite is from Farmacy and Tatcha. I would also recommend some sort of retinol product or derivative. that really depends on what you need or want to try out. I suggest Sunday Riley Luna. also recommend products that continue peptides, such as the biossance eye serum. collagen such as the algenist genius. for simple hydration I would recommend a good squalane. biossance has two choices. I also recommend a good oil to seal everything in. you can use Sunday Riley Luna or on simpler nights I really love the la mer renewal oil. hope that gives you a start!

Re: I would recommend some sort of acid exfoliation. such as...

Great suggestions, sungelly87! Feel free to ask us any questions about our products, tuckandav. 🙂

Drunk Elephant, Obagi, or Skinceuticals are good Vitamin C!

OH Truth Serum is good if you can't spend as much on those others.

thanks girl! I have heard really good things about drunk elephant!

@tuckandav You're not gonna like this answer but there isn't really any product that will prevent wrinkles except for sunscreen. 

Anonymous Insider

I agree with what has been said. At that age, and any age really, SPF is so important. Unfortunately sometimes when we are quite young it is somewhat overlooked. Staying hydrated from the inside and out is important for overall skin health as well.

I think antioxidant serums or even a very low retinol containing cream could also help even in your 20s.

Anonymous Insider

I second that. You can make sure you have high moisture levels which will make fine lines slightly smoother for a while but ultimately stay out of the sun and/or use daily SPF. Even using the PTR Mineral Powder SPF could be great to touch up during the day to ensure protection isn't fading.

Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 36 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
testing