cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Anti Aging Skin Care Routine

Hey fellow beauty product junkies!

I need some guidance here. I used to work in the cosmetic industry so I've tried a lot of stuff. Some good, some not so much. A lot has changed in the industry and add to the fact that I'm ready to turn 52, my skin has changed too. 

I have been using Skin Medica from my cosmetic surgeons office but it is SO EXPENSIVE. It really works wonders but the price tag makes me wince. What I really need is a great anti-aging skin care routine that isn't going to cause me to need to mortgage my house. I dont mind stepping up and making a solid investment but $295 for serum? Nope. 

My skin is somewhat dry and I LOVE the sun (don't judge) otherwise I have really healthy skin. 

Thank you in advance for your tips and product recommendations. I know this is the right spot to find what I'm looking for:)

Re: Anti Aging Skin Care Routine

Hi @AprilVP ! What's your current full skincare routine? We might be able to help you find less expensive substitutes of your current products. We'll also get a better idea of what kinds of products you use (retinoids, exfoliants, hydration boosters, vitamin C, etc.; not everyone uses—or needs to use—all of those things). 

Re: Anti Aging Skin Care Routine

Hello there:)

Right now its a mixed bag as I'm running out of my Skin Medica and have been replacing it with less expensive product along the way but no super happy with any of the substitutes yet. 

For cleanser I have CeraVe and I used a scrub. I do use retinoid cream that is great but drying and causes my skin to flake. I love the Skin Medica serum and do have a little of that left. For moisturizer I'm using CeraVe as well and sometimes I mix in vitamin E oil for extra moisture. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing