Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Allergic reaction to ingredients in Belif?

I've been using Belif Aqua Bomb Sleep Mask and Belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb. I used the samples and everything was fine. Now that I'm into the regular size, I think one of them is causing my lips to swell dramatically. They are swollen, burning, and tight feeling. I look like I overdid it with the fillers! I'm 52 so I'm sure that's what people think (thank goodness for mask wearing right now!) I have pretty full lips anyway so that is not where I would try to enhance! Anyone else have a similar reaction? I'm wondering if it's a reaction to the Lady's Mantle herb in the Aqua Bomb, or the Scottish Heather in the Sleep Mask. I have seasonal allergies to ragweed and a few trees and wonder if there is a relation.normallips.jpglips.jpg

Re: Allergic reaction to ingredients in Belif?

I had a very similar issue with their eye bomb. I used the entire sample jar and loved it with no issues. As soon as I bought the full size I had itchy, red, swollen eyes. Bummed because I had loved it. I don't know if there was a change up in the formula as I did have the sample a few months before trying.

Wow!! So sorry girl! I'm not the biggest fan of Belif products in general!

I am Setting in the ER right now because my entire face and even my lips are swollen and red. It burns and it's just horrible.  I used the Belif Aqua Bomb for the first time last night as I got it as a gift from a roommate.  So I was like why not it might be a good product.  And within seconds after applying my face started burning. I was in shock! I have never experienced this with any skin care products before.  So I was clueless on if it was supposed to feel like this or not. So I continued my routine and thought it might go away. Well about 30 minutes or so my face and lips started to feel tighter and the burning felt even worse. So I went and washed my face off. I thought maybe that will help. Nope not at all about an hour after applying I had enough and said I'll just go to the hospital.  Good thing I did. They put me on IV steroids. I feel absolutely horrible. I will never buy a product from this brand. He said it might take about week, hopefully, less until my skin goes back to normal.  I have been here in the ER for well over 10 hours. 

20230828_223946.jpg

20230715_142010.jpg

No I haven’t. Personally I don’t have any allergies...except to pollen, but if this is causing an issue use a different product ASAP! I hope you feel better soon.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos4
  • lips.jpg
  • normallips.jpg
  • 20230828_223946.jpg
  • 20230715_142010.jpg
testing