Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

All-in-one serum

Hi. I’ve been looking for all-in-one serum if there’s any. My skin concerns are dull skin, uneven skin texture (rough skin), i have combination skin (oily but can be extremely dry and dehydrated too) acne prone as well. I’d love something that is able to visibly brighten my skin and soften rough patch of skin, and has anti aging benefit at the same time, which product worth trying? If i only can choose one, so far my options are

Drunk Elephant A-Passioni

Tatcha Violet C + AHA Serum

Fresh Victamin Nectar Serum

Glow Recipe Pineapple Serum

Drunk Elephant C firma Serum

Dior Micro Huile de Rose Serum

La Mer Regenerating Serum

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum

Lancome Genifique Advanced Serum

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair

The Ordinary Vit C + HA

Biossance Squalane + Vit C Rose Oil (though this obviously isn’t a serum)

or any other suggestions 

Thank you so much in advance

Re: All-in-one serum

Have you considered trying a retinol? Retinol is the only ingredient I know of that is an all-in-one serum. It can help with aging, acne, acne scars, dull skin, and uneven texture. I believe it is also good for all skin types. The ordinary has several highly rated retinol products that I’ve heard good things about including the Retinol 0.5% in Squalane, Granactive retinoid 2% emulsion, and granactive retinol 5% emulsion. Retinol is a pretty strong ingredient so if you have never used it before I would start with something like the ordinary retinol 0.5% in Squalane or another similar product. 

If you do go with a retinol, remember to start out slow by using it once a week at night. Then work your way up to 2-3 times a week. Also, wear sunscreen in the morning because retinol can make your skin more sensitive to the sun. And be sure to make sure no other products you use will react with the retinol you choose. I hope this helps.

Re: All-in-one serum

hi, thank you GFGN for the reply. yeah I’ve considered retinol before but i thought Vitamin C serum has the same benefit as Retinol but just isn’t as potent as Retinol but maybe i should go for Retinol then 😉 and thanks for the suggestion about good Retinol serum from The Ordinary

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing