cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Algenist Real Results Challenge

17_SPH_March_SkincareChallenge_SOCIAL_US[1].jpeg

Hello and welcome to our Vitamin C+ Real Results Challenge! We are so excited to connect here on BeautyTalk to hear about your experience with the Vitamin C+ Serum and share some of our favorite tips.

Our Vitamin C+ Serum is your secret weapon to combating advanced anti-aging and discoloration. This product is a triple threat, formulated with Alguronic acid, microalgae oil and potent vitamin C+. Safe for all skin types, this serum is formulated to minimize the appearance of deep wrinkles and support the most fragile skin areas while visibly reducing the look of age spots and discoloration. The impressive vitamin C boosts brightness and radiance for a uniform complexion.

This is a space for you to discuss the product, hear from others and ask your questions. We are so excited to talk with you all about this powerful serum and answer all of your questions. Please share your challenge results below and feel free to ask us anything!

Re: Algenist Real Results Challenge

Hi @autumnash! We can't wait for you to try it. Be sure to share your results with us after 10 days of continued use!

Will it reduce my freckles?

Does it remove dead skin? 

@thekillerbug This serum is ideally for nourishing and replenishing. Try our Multi-Perfecting Detoxifying Exfoliator first to smooth away rough skin.

I love my Algenist Sublime Defense and I have been looking for a vitamin c serum. How can I join the challenge?

Hi @summrgirl8! We’re so happy to hear you love our Sublime Defense. It’s the perfect time to participate in our Vitamin C+ Real Results Challenge! You can receive 10 free samples with a $25 minimum purchase by entering the promo code: POWERFUL at checkout.  

What percentage of Vitamin C is used?

@mishyd76 The serum’s formula is a combination of Alguronic Acid, a breakthrough anti-aging ingredient, with nourishing Microalgae Oil and a potent Vitamin C derivative* to help visibly minimize lines and wrinkles and reduce the appearance of age spots and discoloration. *3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid is a long lasting derivative of Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)

Anonymous Insider

Hello,

Wondering if you recommend this for acne prone skin, with dryness? Breakouts are along jawline and under cheekbones.

Thanks!

Bekah616, 

I used to have breakouts all the time. With having a dry skin, I always was skeptical to cleansers since it made my skin even drier. However, when I started to use Algenist cleanser $26/4 oz tube, I saw huge improvements. The skin is dry after cleansing, though, but it gets rid of breakouts. What I do. I wash my skin with Algenist cleanser then apply a serum. I like the effect of all of their serums, but prefer the lifting one it has a creamy texture. After serum, I use their lifting cream (it is nourishing) and then sunscreen(Shiseido has an oil free SPF 42). Sunscreen will prevent the scars getting dark. Also, any Algenist serums with Vit C speed up the skin cells turn over, which means the scars disappear faster after acne. Additionally, what I noticed the serums make my skin texture more even. I hope this is helpful.

Hi @Anonymous! All Algenist skincare products provide highly effective anti-aging benefits for all skin types.

Will this product irritate acne prone/large pore skin?

Hello @Am1333! We test our products on all different kinds of skin types. Have you tried our our Multi-Perfecting Pore Corrector Concentrate? It works wonders on minimizing and tightening pores. You can find it here: http://www.sephora.com/multi-perfecting-pore-corrector-concentrate-P377377?skuId=1490218&icid2=produ...

I was wondering what is the texture of the serum. It is creamy or gel-like. Does anyone have info on if it is ok to use this product on a 35-year-old skin with main concern uneven texture and color? 

Great question @sciencefan! The serum is a light, clear gel and will visibly minimize fine lines and wrinkles and reduce the appearance of skin discoloration.

What's the difference between the algenist, algenist genius, and algenist power products? 

Hello @spicyqueso23! Algenist is clinical skincare brand committed to delivering breakthroughs in anti-aging technology. Our GENIUS line smoothes lines and wrinkles and improves radiance through moisturizing. POWER products are ideal for fighting the first signs of aging.

Anonymous Insider

sounds interesting but i will not purchase products from companies who choose to test on animals, thanks tho.

Hi @TobyK! Algenist is committed to eliminating animal testing. Innovative solutions are core to our brand and these solutions do not start or stop with a finished product. We are committed to the entire process of product development — from R&D, to production, to how products are brought to market. Ethical practices and procedures are important to us in every step of the value chain, and we believe in finding new, innovative solutions to product and ingredient testing. To that end, we do not conduct animal testing, nor ask others to test on our behalf, unless demanded by the government or regulatory processes to do so. We evaluate our finished products in clinical tests on volunteer panels. Algenist fully supports the development and global adoption of non-animal testing practices.

I have an urge to response to the previous reply since it seems it is based simply on the 1st impression from the email without any knowledge of the background of the product.

I am sure it is not the first test of this product. What  Algenist is famous for that before they launch a product they have human trials with results printed on each box of any product. I have used this brand for at least 5 years. They have great products on the pricey side, though.

Therefore, it is not a matter of quality, but more if one can afford it. 

@sciencefan You're right, we evaluate our finished products in clinical tests on volunteer panels. This Real Results Challenge is another great way to get more feedback from loyal customers (like you!) and gain new ones!

109 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • 17_SPH_March_SkincareChallenge_SOCIAL_US[1].jpeg
  • Capture.JPG
testing