cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Algenist GENIUS Liquid Collagen Real Results Challenge

January_SkincareChallenge_SOCIAL_US_HANDOFF.jpg 

It’s time to get your bounce back! We are excited for you to join us in our GENIUS Liquid Collagen 10-Day Challenge. The world’s first-ever 100% vegan collagen formulation, GENIUS Liquid Collagen harnesses the power of algae to condition the skin and visibly improve resiliency and bounce in just 10 days.

This best-selling formula combines the highest concentration of active plant collagen and naturally-sourced, sustainably-produced Microalgae Oil beads to hydrate, nourish and visibly restore skin’s radiance. In fact, 94% of women said their skin felt deeply conditioned after 10 days, and 87% said their skin felt rejuvenated after just 1 use!* We pride ourselves on clean and safe formulas, no compromise – free from parabens, phthalates and lots of other ingredients you wouldn’t want to put on your face.

We can’t wait to hear what you think of our GENIUS Liquid Collagen – please use this space to share your experience, ask us questions and compare your results! We’ll be checking into this thread daily so we can’t wait to hear from you!

*Results obtained following self-assessments of 85 women, using product twice daily.

Free with $25 purchase, while supplies last. Use code VITALITY.

Re: Algenist GENIUS Liquid Collagen Real Results Challenge

honestly my favorite product! Just makes my skin feel happy and hydrated. 

RE: Algenist GENIUS Liquid Collagen Real Results Challenge

Looking at this for a long time! Can’t wait to try it.

Was wondering if this can be used with my vit c serum in morning and under retin a at night?  

Hi! Yes, GENIUS Liquid Collagen can be integrated into your normal skincare regimen. It is best used after cleansing and toning, and before other serums and moisturizers (and SPFs during the day!)

Will the liquid collagen cause acne ?

Hi there! All of our products are non-comedogenic, including GENIUS Liquid Collagen, but we always recommend testing a small amount of product first and consulting a dermatologist.

Algenist is my most favorite products. The colleges has added to what I call youthful skin. I urge everyone to take this challenge it is a game changer!

Re: Algenist GENIUS Real Results Challenge

Is Algenist a cruelty-free brand? Or do you just mean there are no animal products in the formula?

No animals!

Also interested in hearing from the brand on this, since some websites say they sell in China, which requires animal testing by law, so while the formula is not animal derived it is not really "vegan". Non Animal-based collagen though, that's an awesome innovation. 

@fieldsofclover - It looks like while they may not test on animals, since they sell in China they allow others to conduct animal testing on their behalf.  I took this from their website:

11. Does Algenist test on animals?Algenist does not conduct animal testing, nor ask others to test on our behalf, unless required by law, regulation, or a governmental authority. We are committed to ethical practices and procedures through the entire process of product development – from R&D, to manufacturing, and to every step of the value chain; we rigorously vet our ingredient suppliers to ensure they share the same values and beliefs of non-animal testing. The safety and efficacy of our products are evaluated by clinical (non-animal) methods with volunteer human panels.

As Algenist continues to expand and reach our customers around the globe, our support and commitment to eliminate animal testing is stronger than ever. Therefore, we are proud to share our partnership with the Institute for In Vitro Sciences (IIVS), a non-profit research organization dedicated to adoption and regulatory acceptance of alternative methods to animal testing worldwide.

To learn more, click here to read about IIVS’s work in China.

@ChristineR07 Yeah I was curious whether the rep was just throwing around "vegan" as a buzzword or if something was changing at Algenist; since this was apparently a drive-by posting we can only read any draw our own conclusions ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@fieldsofclover, my suspicion is that they're using vegan as it relates to materials in the product, not to the testing of the products. I'm not personally vegan, but I do like as many of my products to be cruelty free as possible. But since I'm not vegan and haven't done a whole lot of research into it I may be completely misunderstanding how veganism relates to cosmetics. In which case, I apologize. 🙂

@ChristineR07It's cool! I just like giving marketers a run for their money and I happened to grow up vegetarian. Treating capitalism as a sport makes it marginally less soul-crushing 😂

(The product formulation part is genuinely impressive, I just hate to see marcom fumble the ball)

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • January_SkincareChallenge_SOCIAL_US_HANDOFF.jpg
testing