cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Algenist GENIUS Liquid Collagen Real Results Challenge

January_SkincareChallenge_SOCIAL_US_HANDOFF.jpg 

It’s time to get your bounce back! We are excited for you to join us in our GENIUS Liquid Collagen 10-Day Challenge. The world’s first-ever 100% vegan collagen formulation, GENIUS Liquid Collagen harnesses the power of algae to condition the skin and visibly improve resiliency and bounce in just 10 days.

This best-selling formula combines the highest concentration of active plant collagen and naturally-sourced, sustainably-produced Microalgae Oil beads to hydrate, nourish and visibly restore skin’s radiance. In fact, 94% of women said their skin felt deeply conditioned after 10 days, and 87% said their skin felt rejuvenated after just 1 use!* We pride ourselves on clean and safe formulas, no compromise – free from parabens, phthalates and lots of other ingredients you wouldn’t want to put on your face.

We can’t wait to hear what you think of our GENIUS Liquid Collagen – please use this space to share your experience, ask us questions and compare your results! We’ll be checking into this thread daily so we can’t wait to hear from you!

*Results obtained following self-assessments of 85 women, using product twice daily.

Free with $25 purchase, while supplies last. Use code VITALITY.

Anonymous Insider

Re: Algenist GENIUS Liquid Collagen Real Results Challenge

Sephora finally got the 10 day sample to me after shorting me 9 samples. I used them for 10 days straight as suggested. I generally love Algenist products (the Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Cream works great for me). However, the Genius Liquid Collagen didn't do anything for me. I'm 55 and have dry, fair skin with a few fine lines and a bit of sun damage which makes my skin tone rather uneven. After doing the 10 day challenge, my skin did not feel more hydrated and there was no noticeable visual difference in my fine lines or skin radiance. I had hoped there would be more of an improvement (especially considering the high price) but this Liquid Collagen did not impress me at all. 

Well I now can see firsthand how reviews of products often do not match my own expectations. It appears most people who have reviewed this product have “glowing” things to say. I don’t have anything negative to say, but I also didn’t find my several weeks’ use of it (applied each night) did anything real spectacular. I’m almost 40, have some fine lines in my forehead and smile lines, and I live in Wisconsin with incredibly cold and dry air right now. I use Lancôme serums and Sheisedo and Korres lotions, and though the Algenist collagen product provided some moisture, it didn’t seem to offer anything else spectacular. I did not notice any differences in my fine lines, and it didn’t change my skin texture in any noticeable way. I will be sticking with my current products for now, and saving those dollars for a trip to the doc to get some fillers (which is really the only way you’ll truly see improvement in fine lines!). 

RE: Algenist GENIUS Liquid Collagen Real Results Challenge

So I took the 10 day challenge and absolutely love the product! I’m 50 and have fine lines and hyper pigmentation. I’ve been using Retin A for years and while it does a great job of sloughing off dead skin, it also leaves dry patches and flaky skin in its wake. I stopped the Retin A for the 10 day challenge. After only 3 days of using the Genius liquid collagen, the dry patches and flakes were gone and my skin was absolutely glowing. I mean, really seriously glowing! I got my hands on another 20 days’ worth of Algenist samples and added the Retin A back into my nighttime routine. I use the Retin A after cleaning and toning and before the Algenist collagen serum. I’m not sure how others are able to use this product in the morning because the consistency is a little on the sticky side and it takes a while to absorb into the skin. I will most definitely be purchasing the full size product. There aren’t many products out there that make as big a difference in my skin that this serum did so the higher price tag is well worth it to me.

Okay! I completed the challenge last night and I really am impressed. I'm 35, I have uneven textured skin with ice pick and box scarring from past breakouts, and fine lines, and lost volume in cheeks.

My 2 complaints;

*the scent is a bit much

*it's tricky to wear under makeup.

I found this product should be used twice a day for best results. I noticed when I used only once at night, my results weren't as significant. My cheeks were always more plumped if I use twice. I am most happy about the fact that ten days of this product has almost disappeared my "ice pick" scar under my eye. It is a deep scar that is small, but it is also a bit sunken so it looks like a hole sometimes. It's awful, I've had it for years, AND NOW? It's almost totally gone!!!!!!! Yaaay❤ Thanks Algenist!!! I love you. I  will be buying this.

Additional notes;

*On makeup days, I put this on hours before I plan to do makeup. If it absorbs well I throw on a good primer and that works fine. Sometimes I feel sticky tho and have to rinse my face a little before applying makeup.

* I noticed this product works better on my deeper ice pick scar, but not as well on my box scar. Box scar has a bigger surface area, so I'm sure it needs more time. 

* Lastly, I want to be able to use this on my lips, but it tastes like perfume. I wish this was unscented!!

Anonymous Insider

I purchased both the Liquid Collagen and the Vitamin C serum. Which product should be applied first?

Hi there, we recommend using GENIUS Liquid Collagen after cleansing and toning, and before any other serums and moisturizers -- including Vitamin C!

I’ve done the 10 day trial of Algenist while on the road. Several of the days were really cold and dry. Two days even had snow. I Skyped with my husband on day 9. He noticed the positive changes in my smooth and hydrated skin on Skype!! What an affirmation!!

I’m a believer for life. 

Anonymous Insider

Love this product!! I've used 5/10 of my samples and my skin looks and feels great!! I will be buying this product in the future!

algenist wrote:

It’s time to get your bounce back! We are excited for you to join us in our GENIUS Liquid Collagen 10-Day Challenge. The world’s first-ever 100% vegan collagen formulation, GENIUS Liquid Collagen harnesses the power of algae to condition the skin and visibly improve resiliency and bounce in just 10 days.

This best-selling formula combines the highest concentration of active plant collagen and naturally-sourced, sustainably-produced Microalgae Oil beads to hydrate, nourish and visibly restore skin’s radiance. In fact, 94% of women said their skin felt deeply conditioned after 10 days, and 87% said their skin felt rejuvenated after just 1 use!* We pride ourselves on clean and safe formulas, no compromise – free from parabens, phthalates and lots of other ingredients you wouldn’t want to put on your face.

We can’t wait to hear what you think of our GENIUS Liquid Collagen – please use this space to share your experience, ask us questions and compare your results! We’ll be checking into this thread daily so we can’t wait to hear from you!

*Results obtained following self-assessments of 85 women, using product twice daily.

algenist wrote:

I have never been let down by an Algenist product and this is no different. My skin loves their products for some reason, well obviously for their combo of ingredients actually. I look 25 and I'm 40. Actually, I got carded on Feb 9th, my 40th b day, at the bar so that says it all for me! If the 20 something behind the bar thinks I look younger than 21, I'm sold on the skin care I'm using!!!!!

I'm always happy when a product gives me visible results overnight. However, I think this product lacks long term results, meaning you have to use regularly. I have lost volume in my cheeks as I have aged and this has improved after only a few uses. Seems to help breakouts and uneven texture. I am considering dropping the $$$. Definitely, in my top 5 of potential skincare investments. 

I want to add that each sample contains enough for a use in the AM and again in the PM, tho you should try to seal up the leftovers as best you can to keep its potency. I love when a cosmetics company gives enough product in samples so we dont have to guess about results. Algenist is smart to do business this way. 

I agree, it shows complete confidence in their products when companies dole out such a large quantity in their samples of such expensive products. They know you'll love it and buy the full size so they're not losing money by doing that!!! I've never been let down by Algenist or Shiseido!

Yes, Shiseido!!!! Also amazing!

I'm on day seven of the challenge, and I haven't had a single dry flake on my face! I'm starting to see a liitle more of a glow and there is still a subtle plumping effect. I like it so much that I used the promo code with another purchase. I'm hoping the results keep showing after 20 days. If so, I'll probably purchase it.

So, I am on day 5 and so far I am loving this product. I had no idea what to expect since with free samples sometimes its a miss! I've tried things before that have caused me to break out so I was a bit cautious. BUT this collagen liquid is really really amazing. My skin looks softer and very well rested. I don't have any wrinkles as of yet but I can tell this has smoothed out my skin and it has improved my skin texture and unevenness already. Its nice when applying, nothing sticky or thick and it absorbs right away. I like using it at night and then when I wake up, its like 'Voila'!!

Will be getting once out of samples 🙂

I absolutely love liquid collagen from Algenist. First time I tried it I didn’t even know what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised. It feels so luxurious on my skin, makes it so soft and moisturized. I noticed that some people had an issue with the smell but that was not my experience. I’m extremely sensitive to smells. I get a migraine any time I’m around anything that has a heavy sweet smell (like Moroccan oil products). But I did not find the smell of Liquid Collagen to be strong. It is very subtle and pleasant and it does not linger for long. I am looking forward to see how the treatment transform my skin after 10 days. But I’m very happy with the product already. Thank you Algenist!

Just started the challenge, I’m on day 1! Guess we’ll see where I land on day 10. Hope this works as everyone has said so far. It does seem like a lot to put on for one day and a little sticky and oily. I can feel it. If it does wonders, I can deal with it. 🤞🏻

Love this product!  The first day, I didn't really see any difference but by day 3 my face seems a bit more plump + firm - if this continues I think I'll purchase the full size!

I'm on day two of using this product, and it's great so far! My skin seems a little plumper and more hydrated. In the morning, I use this after toner and prior to moisturizer. In the evening, I tone, apply The Ordinary HA, this, then moisturizer. I was concerned the extra product would make my skin sticky, but it's been just fine! I'm looking forward to the rest of the challenge!

I love the Algenist Genius liquid collagen.  It’s so lightweight and makes my skin feel so smooth.  I’ve been using it for days and my skin looks great.  I haven’t had any of the issues with the smell that a lot of people seem to have.  I don’t like perfume types of fragrance in the products that I use on my face, so I have no issues with the smell of this product.  I will most likely make this an add in to my skincare routine. 

76 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • January_SkincareChallenge_SOCIAL_US_HANDOFF.jpg
testing