Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Advice on products

Hello everyone!

I wouldn't say I'm new to skincare but in a way I am.

I went from trying lots of drugstore things to making at home charcoal face masks that ended up damaging my skin barrier and causing tons of scarring. I went on to use cerave (green bottle) with say yes to cucumber moisturizer. It helped a lot but as time went on I seen less and less results.

Now, as of December 2020, I started to use the very new skincare brand "1212 gateway" from the ACE family, Catherine. Her products worked amazingly for me. The first ever routine I had with an eye cream and everything but it's very hard to get products as she always restocks and hasn't put enough up. 

So now I would like to have skincare brands that I can easily re-up on when needed. I am a 20 year old mama to a 5 month old baby, I have combination skin although when I wash my face it gets very dry, moisturizer helps a lot. My concerns right now is I just want to have healthier looking skin, a glow, no scars, no wrinkles, no dullness, things like that.. I do have acne but it isn't major. I'm really looking for a cleanser, moisturizer (maybe a night & day in 1), eye cream, and a spf (I never used spf before)... I can take into consideration what ever else I should use (: 

if anyone has any recommendations that would be awesome! 

Re: Advice on products

For a cleanser, I would recommend CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser. It's a really great gentle cleanser that doesn't leave skin feeling dry or stripped and it's pretty affordable. As far as moisturizers go, CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion or The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA are two good ones to use during the day and night. The first sunblock I used when I started wearing sunblock is Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen. It goes on clear and has a really nice consistency, but it can be a bit pricey. A cheaper drugstore one is CeraVe Hydrating Mineral Sunscreen Face Sheer Tint SPF 30. Make sure to get the tinted version because the untinted leaves a bad white cast on the skin. Depending on your skin tone this might add a nice bit of color as well. Personally I don't spend money on eye creams, I just use my face moisturizer under my eye. But the Cerave Eye Repair Cream has good ingredients if you do prefer a specific eye cream. Do you have any specific under eye problems you are trying to address?  Hope this helps! (Also I swear I am not sponsored by CeraVe lol I just enjoy their products a lot)

Thank you!! I've just always has loose eyelids and under eyes. I also have dark circles underneath my eyes as well. 

I used cerave for a very long time but I slowly stopped seeing progress. I've been looking at products Sephora is selling and so far I've found a pretty good cleanser and moisturizer. I heard of that spf a lot so I'm definitely gonna look into that.

My favorite face SPF is from EltaMD. It's their UV Clear sunscreen with SPF 46, and it was made specifically for acne prone skin. I've always had a hard time with face sunscreens because they either break me out or make my face super greasy (I have combination skin too). It's very gentle and comfortable, and it has some really good skincare ingredients like niacinamide. Looks nice under makeup too. It's on the pricey side compared to drugstore brands like Neutrogena, but the EltaMD sunscreen is the only one I've ever actually liked. Totally worth the price in my opinion.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing