Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Adult Acne HELP!

I've had acne on my chin for two months now and nothing seems to be working. I've tried so many different products over the years I don't know where to turn. I've been using Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer now and it's not working.

Any suggestions for a tried and true regimen will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Adult Acne HELP!

HUM nutrition supplements really helped with my acne since mine was hormonal problems as well. I took daily cleanse and red carpet and honestly it cleared up my skin so much and made it look more radiant!! highly recommend. Plus, a lot of their products are vegetarian and/or vegan and it uses all natural ingredients 🙂

Re: Adult Acne HELP!

I have had the same issue on my chin. I think it is probably hormonal but I have found products/ methods that really seem to help. Here are a few tips that have gotten my skin to near perfect condition now: 

-Get a perscription grade ointment/ cream: I asked my doctor for a retinoid prescription (I use Differin) after doing my research. My acne mostly consists of whiteheads on my chin and retinoids really help bring everything to the surface. Often, dermatologists will prescribe a safe retinoid like Differin in conjunction with a topical antibiotic like clyndamicin. This way, the retinoid will bring the impurities to the surface, while the antibiotic cream can kill the bacteria on the surface. Differin takes a while to work (and can have a purging phase) but it has really helped out with my acne.  If your acne is more cystic, however, a perscription benzol peroxide based ointment might be best. 

-Invest in good skincare with natural ingredients. 

-Invest in facials: I know they can be pricey but having a professional perform extractions once a month can really help. 

-Dry your face with a clean washcloth after washing your face. Google it, I used to use the same towel to dry my face for a week and then learned how bad that can be for my skin.  

I hope some of these tips are helpful 🙂

RE: Adult Acne HELP!

I hear you! I have struggled with adult acne as well and I know it’s so hard to deal with, and tough on your self esteem too! I wonder if you have tried using benzoyl peroxide? I find this makes a huge difference for me in how quickly new acne spots go away, and even in their frequency. The only thing to be wary of is that it can dry your skin out, so you need to make sure to moisturize. I also looooove the 2% BHA liquid from Paula’s Choice. Absolutely one of my favourite HG products. Good luck! I hope you will find something that works well for you.
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing