Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Acne

What are some of your holy grails for acne prone skin?  I have a combination skin type, but it can be sensitive.  It also drys out easily even though it gets oil after a day of makeup.  I get acne on the jaw line, chin, and a little on the cheek where a contour line goes.  

Tags:

Re: Acne

hey can u let me know what people reccomended u I have the exact same problem combination skin type with dry patches

I also suffer from sensitive / picky skin... Drunk Elephant Glycolic Night Serum has been a holy grail for me. It is a bit higher in price, however, there are visible results OVERNIGHT (I use this product at night every 2-3 days). The serum does not dry my skin out as I use the Josie Maran Whipped Argan Face Butter to help maintain my skin's moisture. The overnight results are perfect because I will get random, annoying breakouts at any random time and I have been seeking a product that can quickly solve this problem. The serum also helps with long-term issues such as acne scarring... Two thumbs up!

Hi @tncincov1993. I've finally found a balance of products to keep my skin under control after struggling with acne for many years. I love the Lush Coalface cleanser with my Clarisonic. I also double cleanse with the BOSCIA - MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil and the Lush cleanser. I've found that using acid exfoliation is a great way to prevent acne and help cell turnover. I'm currently using the tarte Knockout Tingle Treatment Toner 5 oz/ 150 mL, but I've used and liked the DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Night Serum and the Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ AHA + BHA Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL as a weekly mask. Having combo/oily skin, I've been hesitant to try facial oils, but now they've replaced moisturizers completely in my routine. I love the Herbivore Lapis Blue Tansy Face Oil - For Oily & Acne-Prone Skin 1.7 oz/ 50 mL as my morning moisturizer and the Clarins Lotus Balancing & Hydrating Face Treatment Oil 1 oz as my night time moisturizer. 

Also, I've struggled with finding a good SPF that doesn't break me out for the longest time, and the best one is the VOLITION BEAUTY - Prismatic Luminizing Shield SPF 50. SPF is so important to protect your skin and to prevent acne scars from getting darker. Hope this has helped and best of luck!

same here

Acne

I'm still looking for a good cleanser but this is what I use (your skin sounds like mine) I use bioderma micellar water to remove my makeup, then I use a gentle cleanser, followed up with neostrata 8% glycolic acid toner, then Olay regenerist night cream. I will alternate the neostrata with Marie Veronique gentle retinol serum. I found this made a huge difference with my skin and my frequency with acne. I also second coverfx foundation and concealer. they're the only makeup that doesn't break me out

RE: Acne

Although oil may sound scary but fighting oil with oils can be extremely effective! I have been using the Sunday Riley U.F.O ,( Ultra clarifying Face Oil ) and it has worked wonders! It kills the bacteria that cause black heads and help prevent any future break outs! The goat milk from Kate Sommerville is wonderful on moisturizing the skin and it’s calm down inflamed and sensitive skin! I also like the Ole Henriksen nurture me moisturizing because it’s extremely moisturizing, soothing and it smells just amazing! Now for makeup cover fx is a brand I recommend because their makeup is cleaner than a lot of other brands and is geared more towards sensitive skin types. And if you like masking, sephoras sheet mask are cheap and work great!

I was experiencing break outs in the same areas as you for years @tncincov1993 😩 A couple months ago I grabbed a 5-pack of the Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha beta peels to try (I was actually trying to target black heads with the BHA in the extra strength formula), but within days of using I could see my skin transforming. The difference to me is like night and day; my skin is clear, scaring and hyper pigmentation from old acne is fading, my face is over smooth, and more healthy looking than it has in years! They’re definitely a product I recommend checking out for helping with your acne. Good luck!

@tncincov1993 I have very sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin, that has also been in remission from rosacea for a year and a half. So I can relate to needing to balance various skin needs 😅

My favourites are all super-gentle, low or no-oil, low or no-colour and fragrance, and hydrating. That combination keeps my skin from getting patchy, controls my rosacea easily, and prevents me from having any major breakouts. (I do still get the occasional pimple and I’ve learned to live with that.) 

Heres what I use almost daily, sometimes in rotation because I find that my skin responds better when I mix things up:

Urban Decay Hot Springs Hydrating GelUrban Decay Hot Springs Hydrating Gel

First Aid Beauty 5-in-1 Bouncy MaskFirst Aid Beauty 5-in-1 Bouncy Mask

Tatcha The Silk Canvas Face PrimerTatcha The Silk Canvas Face Primer

Becca Anti-Fatigue Under Eye PrimerBecca Anti-Fatigue Under Eye Primer

Ole Henriksen Oil Control Moisturizer, Toner, and CleanserOle Henriksen Oil Control Moisturizer, Toner, and Cleanser

Philosophy Take a Deep Breath Oil-free Oxygenating CreamPhilosophy Take a Deep Breath Oil-free Oxygenating Cream

Hope that helps! 😊

Thank you so much!  I will take a look at these and try them out.  

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 21 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos6
  • First Aid Beauty 5-in-1 Bouncy Mask
  • Tatcha The Silk Canvas Face Primer
  • Becca Anti-Fatigue Under Eye Primer
  • Ole Henriksen Oil Control Moisturizer, Toner, and Cleanser
  • Philosophy Take a Deep Breath Oil-free Oxygenating Cream
  • Urban Decay Hot Springs Hydrating Gel
testing