From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

Skincare Aware

Skincare Aware

• 413282 Members
  • 15163 Conversations
  • 250+ Photos

For those who skinCARE about their face and body routines. Discover the best skincare product recommendations and get answers to common questions about 3, 5, or even 10 step routines.

For those who skinCARE about their face and body routines. Discover the best skincare product recommendations and get answers to common questions about 3, 5, or even 10 step routines.

Choosing a different post order may automatically update the order of the posts that are displayed to match the selected order.
Sort By:
Most Recent
New Post in Skincare Aware
Product Help.
Hello, I am trying to choose a cleanser/make up remover and I have limited down my choices to two things. The Herbivore Pink cloud ...read more
Hello, I am trying to choose a cleanser/make up remover and I have limited down my choices to two things. The Herbivore Pink cloud and the Herbivore Aquarius. Does anyone know which one is better? Or if they are good? Thank you!
New Reply in Skincare Aware
Dupes?
|
Re: Dupes?
GO-GETTER IV INSIDER
Reply: @L0V3RGIRL check out The Inkey List, they make some great products ...read more
@L0V3RGIRL check out The Inkey List, they make some great products
My skin is always dry
|
Re: My skin is always dry
ICON I INSIDER
Reply: @queenbeauty543 What’s your current skincare routine (brands + product names), from cleanser to sunscreen? You might be overusing ...read more
@queenbeauty543 What’s your current skincare routine (brands + product names), from cleanser to sunscreen? You might be overusing a product or ingredient that’s making your skin dry and flaky. Or, your routine might not be hydrating or moisturizing enough. For now I can give very general advice like applying moisturizer while your skin’s damp to help seal in hydration, using a hydrating non-stripping cleanser, and avoiding exfoliants until your skin barrier’s in better shape (sounds like it’s damaged). But I don’t wanna recommend specific ingredients/products without knowing what’s already in your routine. Or, you could actually have a skin condition like rosacea or eczema. (Dry flaky skin is one of several possible symptoms. So is surface redness.) To find out, you’ll need to see a dermatologist or primary care doctor to have your skin diagnosed. About peach fuzz: don’t worry about that for now. Anything you do to remove peach fuzz can worsen your damaged flaky skin barrier. Instead, focus on healing your skin barrier. Also, resist the urge to exfoliate your dry flakes away. Exfoliation, especially with glycolic acid, can also make your skin damage worse. Hold off on exfoliating until your skin’s in better health. And remember that “flawless” skin doesn’t exist in real life. 🙂 Eh, depending on your definition of flawless. Human skin naturally has texture, pores, lines, etc. Don’t try to replicate the “perfect” skin you see in influencer videos/photos; those looks are achieved by digital filters and studio lighting.
Sebum
|
Re: Sebum
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: of course❤
of course❤
New Post in Skincare Aware
how much is too much?
my skincare routine (not specifically in order) contains 2 cleansers, 2 byoma toners, 1 glow recipe toner, 3 the ordinary serums, ...read more
my skincare routine (not specifically in order) contains 2 cleansers, 2 byoma toners, 1 glow recipe toner, 3 the ordinary serums, 1 glow recipe serum, 1 glow recipe moisturizer, 1 jlo serum, 1 tatcha moisturizer, 1 drunk elephant moisturizer, and 1 supergoop sunscreeni genuinely just bought this all at one time thinking i would need it all, but can there be such thing as too much skincare? idk why i use so many of the same thing but just in different brands but i just buy everything i see online😭or is there a certain amount of times you're supposed to use something a week?
New to skin care
|
Re: New to skin care
NEWCOMER III INSIDER
Reply: Benzoyl peroxide is my holy grail ride or die! If I were you I would check the percentage on it if it is 10% that is pretty high a ...read more
Benzoyl peroxide is my holy grail ride or die! If I were you I would check the percentage on it if it is 10% that is pretty high and I would go down to the 4% which didn't burn for me!
What is your makeup routine in terms of removing makeup?
|
Re: What is your makeup routine in terms of removing makeup?
GO-GETTER I INSIDER
Reply: I’ve heard great things about both of these! I have a lot to consider thank you so much  @greeneyedgirl107 ...read more
I’ve heard great things about both of these! I have a lot to consider thank you so much 😊 @greeneyedgirl107
Drunk Elephant Goldi Drops
|
Re: Drunk Elephant Goldi Drops
GO-GETTER I INSIDER
Reply: I hope you love it  @EllianaK ...read more
I hope you love it 😊 @EllianaK
Folliculitis scarring and dark spots
|
Re: Folliculitis scarring and dark spots
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: These are definitely not keloid scars, but rather PIH post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. I would suggest a combination of a soli ...read more
These are definitely not keloid scars, but rather PIH post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. I would suggest a combination of a solid peel to help with rapid exfoliation followed by a skin lightener for the body. Melapeels are great for rapid exfoliation and I would follow up with exfolase and luminase skin lighteners for the body. Good luck. Avoid harsh chemicals, lasers, and inflammatory skincare.
Recent images from this conversation
Dark Spots on legs
|
Re: Dark Spots on legs
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: Rapid exfoliation protocols can help reduce leg discoloration and dark spots. In our center, we use the Melapeel which is usually ...read more
Rapid exfoliation protocols can help reduce leg discoloration and dark spots. In our center, we use the Melapeel which is usually performed in the office to help reduce discoloration. At home, you can mix a pump of skin lightener with a dollop of a body moisturizer and apply on the skin after your shower. #exfolase #melapeel #darkspots #darkpigmentation #bodydiscoloration
211,200 Posts