Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Acne Prone Routine Help

Hello! I am in need of help regarding my skincare routine. I’ve always been invested in skincare but mostly just drugstore brands, lately I’ve been investing in high end stuff like tatcha and Sunday Riley and I’ve seen drastic improvements to my acne. I’ve struggled with acne since I was like 16 and I’m 21 now so I have a lot of texture and scarring on my face. But since I’ve started using new products for the last few months I want to make sure I’m using them in the right order and not overdoing it. 

This is the current breakdown 

Morning:

Cerave foaming facial cleanser 

Fenty fat water toner 

Differin gel acne treatment 

Sunday Riley Good genes

The ordinary oil control serum

Olehenriksen banana bright eye cream

Tatcha the water cream moisturizer 

Night:

Tatcha the deep cleanse cleanser 

Fenty beauty fat water toner

Tatcha the essence 

Sunday Riley UFO

Sunday Riley ceo glow oil 

Olehenriksen banana bright eye cream

Tatcha the water cream moisturizer 

And sometimes I’ll do treatments like the ordinary exfoliating peeling or a sheet mask if my skin needs an extra pick me up. Also if I have a big pimple that needs to just go away I’ll use peace out salicylic acne dots but for the most part I try not to switch up the routine because I’ve noticed that can cause irritation and breakouts. I also take supplements like collagen and biotin but as far as skincare and the whole routine I just wanna make sure I’m doing it right lol. If anyone has any advice or recommendations I would greatly appreciate it! 🙂 

Re: Acne Prone Routine Help

How long have you been using these products, @riley2400? You've got a lot of actives going on there. Everyone's skin is different of course, but many people don't really need to exfoliate daily and doing so can lead to irritation. But of course that's highly dependent on your own personal skin. I might consider rotating the Good Genes and the Differin, rather than using them both in the same routine. And for the GG, I'd use it before your toner as typically, you want to use your actives before a hydrating toner. Differin can go either place depending on whether or not you want to buffer it. You do absolutely need a sunscreen for the mornings when you're going out though. Several of those products can increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and you'll need a good sunscreen to stay protected. Given the other actives in both your a.m. and p.m. routines, I'd also consider only using the Tatcha cleanser a couple times a week, opting for a more gentle cleanser like the Cerave most of the nights. 

Re: Acne Prone Routine Help

@riley2400 looks like a great routine! As long as your skin is responding well that's all that matters 😊

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing