ARCHIVE: Masks on the Move!
UPDATE: The new thread is up! If you are joining in, or just prefer to sit back and watch, join @lmaster at:
Spring MOTM box will be starting in mid-February. If you are interested in joining, please take a moment to complete the brief survey below prior to January 31st. ***If you have not participated in this or other BIC traveling boxes/unicorn mail, please PM me prior to completing the survey.*** We hope to see and share masks with some new faces!!!
Some pertinent info regarding the NEW double-box-in-progess set-up:
Two BIC'ers will start off the boxes and they will travel through the shipping order until they make it to the other person at the end.
CA participants are welcome to join again, we just need to ensure we have enough participants willing to ship in/out of the country. This will affect shipping order; other than that, order will be tentatively arranged by region to help offset shipping costs for participants.
Thank you to all who joined in the last round, we ended up with almost quadruple the original masks, which allowed me to create two new separate boxes (I also added in the extras from the first MOTM). There will be a bag of extras as usual, you all are so generous and make this so much fun!
Looking forward to February
Thank you @itsfi for all of your help in setting up the framework for the MOtM, and your many helpful suggestions. The entire masking community here is grateful to you!
- There will be 10 face sheet masks in the packet at all times. you can remove as many or as little as you would like; but there should always be 10 masks moving forward to the next participant. You may add in extras like eye, feet or hand masks, but they will not count toward the 10 masks (they are little bonuses😉). Let's just try to keep a good variety in the box, and if there is an ISO, please be kind and don't take it out as an extra. 'Filler' masks would be great bonus items to take out when there is an overflow. Really! Filler masks would be defined as daily masks, generally ones that can be found at TJ Maxx/Nordstrom Rack/etc. and/or are widely available.
- How do I ship? Padded flat rate Priority envelopes are great for this, and can be ordered for free on the USPS site. Any packaging is fine, but please take care to ensure the masks are adequately protected. A smaller package will encourage more participation, which in turn makes things more fun! Think cost-effective for those shipping internationally.
- Will this be open to US and Canada? Yes! As long as there is an interest and participants willing to ship, we would love to cross the border. This would be taken into consideration in the shipping order.
- Any eligibility requirements? Anyone who is has posted regularly to the previous or current thread is eligible. In addition, if you have been involved in other thread challenges on a regular basis/BIC exchanges such as Holiday, Galentine's or Halloween/traveling boxes, you are also eligible. We love new participants, please PM me if you are interested!
- Approval: To be fair, a minimum of the person receiving the box and 3-4 others will suffice. If at all possible, please take into account any ISO's or skin type when moving the box forward.
- Mask Guidelines: The idea is to share your Favorite/Great Finds/Discoveries Masks. Please be considerate and keep in mind this is to give others (and yourself!) an opportunity to try some new and different masks. Let's not send gross masks/masks we just want to get rid of - this is to share our love of masking!
- What happens if the box gets lost? USPS provides a $50 insured value for free. If a box is lost in transit, you are responsible for shipping an additional box to the next participant. Declaring a $50 value ensures that you would be reimbursed by USPS in the event your package is lost; however this is a lengthy process and thus it would be your responsibility to keep the flow of the boxes moving by curating a new box and shipping it out as quickly as possible.
- How does the order work? I will use a random generator; if there are Canadian participants I would need to take that into consideration depending on how many people would be willing to ship in/out of country.
@eshoe do you have a particular turn around time you want...
Re: @eshoe do you have a particular turn around time you want...
@lmaster I think one week is a fair amount of time for turn around, though I understand life happens and as long as we are all own the loop, I don't think it will be an issue. What do you think?
Re: Masks on the Move!
@eshoeDo we know if we have any vegans in the group? It's fairly easy to stay away from Horse oil etc (maybe the more "gross" ingredients, but I wonder about things like Honey or Lactic Acid etc? I don't want to offend anyone/have someone not get to participate fully.
Re: Masks on the Move!
@missjeanie no one has indicated they would prefer only vegan masks, though there are some preferences like no floral/no bubbling/no AD. I am going to send the preference list as PM's so that everyone has it for reference.
Re: Masks on the Move!
It looks like we have a group of 9 maskers total, yay!
I will be using a random generator to determine the order, taking into account CA/US shippers. I will be shipping the package this week, and will PM the tracking number to the next person on the list. Please also PM me your address (if I don't already have it) so that I can get started.