cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

ARCHIVE - 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge! - PART 1

Please join us on Part II of this yearโ€™s challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-II/m-p/5433327/...

Welcome to a new year of masking adventures! ***The second half of the year thread will be up June 28th (or earlier), thank you for the suggestion @heartsmyface, @Kim888 & @quspork!***  

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Below is the 2020 schedule. Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. Looking forward to sharing some new masking ๐Ÿ’– with you all this year!

tenor

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Masking Duel - Dare to compare 2 (or more!) masks in one session

Letters of the Week: โ€œZโ€ and โ€œAโ€

Spoiler
Jan 1 - Jan 5A & ZMask Stash Clean-Out! Finish those masks before they expire.l8totheparty/ShortErica
Jan 6 - 12B & YMasks that Make you Hungryitsfi
Jan 13 - 19C & XFavourite Mask in your regular routine - What do you buy in bulk, so you always have it on hand in case of masking emergency?itsfi
Jan 20 - 26D & WClean Week - Masks that give your skin a boost without the guilteshoe
Jan 27 - Feb 2E & VTransportation Masking
@lmaster/@ShortErica/@missjeanie
Feb 3 - 9F & U

Best fitting mask - Mask that best fits your facial featuresPrettyPaint
Feb 10 - 16G & TSpecial Occasion Masks - the mask(s) you use to pamper yourselfitsfi
Feb 17 - 23H & SGross Masks - whether it's the scent or results, share the details please!Aaliaa
Feb 24 - Mar 1I & RSnubbed It: Masks you don't want to use & are continually passed overShortErica
Mar 2 - 8J & QFemale Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Day March 8thAaliaa
Mar 9 - 15K & PMasks Good Enough to Eat
heartsmyface
Mar 16 - 22L & OSample that made you buy the FS - You tried it, and decided to buy it!itsfi
Mar 23 - 29M & NFavourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa?? 
Mar 30 - Apr 5N & MMask While You Task
l8totheparty
Apr 6 - 12O & LMost Outrageous Mask ClaimsShortErica
Apr 13 - 19P & KHi-Lo Week: Mix or duel of $$$$ and $ masks 
Apr 20 - 26Q & JSample Dive - I know we have them!Aaliaa
Apr 27 - May 3R & ITargeted Skin Concern - Mask to address a current skin issuePrettyPaint
May 4 -10S & HOvernight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar 
May 11 - 17T & GMask with a PartnerAlphaboo
May 18 - 24U & FVitamins Week - masks that nourish your skin with vitamins and mineralskim888
May 25 - 31V & EBest/Cutest Printed MaskShosh85
Jun 1 - 7W & DMask that best describes your personality or moodPrettyPaint
Jun 8 - 14X & CFruits & Veggies Week - masks that use natural goodness to nourish your skinKeana1
Jun 15 - 21Y & BForgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask
missjeannie
Jun 22 - 28Z & AMasking Duel - Dare to compare 2 (or more!) masks in one sessioneshoe
Jun 29 - Jul 5A & ZMasking Pet Peeves - use a mask that has some component that drives you crazy!ShortErica
Jul 6 - 12B & YMasking Hacks - share your masking secrets that make your life easier and your skin happyeshoe
Jul13 - 19C & XLip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that summer skin 
Jul 20 - 26D & Wโ€™Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!Aalia
Jul 27 - Aug 2E & VMulti-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day?? 
Aug 3 - 9F & U Blind Pick Your Mask - Let's make it fun to use the masks in our stash!veronika23
Aug 10 - 16G & T
Sheet Mask Focus - from cotton to cupra, coconut gel to bio cellulose, what are your favorites and why?

Aug 17 - 23H & SDrugstore & Grocery Brands Weekeshoe
Aug 24 - 30I & R3-Step Masks/Multi-Step Masks
heartsmyface
Aug 31 - Sep 6J & QRainbow Week - Bring out the colorful masks in every hueSonnydee
Sep 7 - 13K & PAutumn Masks - Fall goodness in a mask 
Sep 14 - 20L & OWhen you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW 
Sep 21 - 27M & N BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members 
Sep 28 - Oct 4N & MSephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness 
Oct 5 - 11O & LMasks that Make you Hungry - Fall/Winter Editionitsfi
Oct 12 - 18P & KForgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask 
Oct 19 - 25Q & JOvernight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar 
Oct 26 - Nov 1R & IMasking Duel Week II 
Nov 2 - 8S & HBuddy Up! Dare to compare the same mask with another BIC-ereshoe
Nov 9 - 15T & GGross/Odd/Unusual Ingredients - Spirulina, donkey milk, bee venom, snail mucous - what masks have you used that have strange ingredients?Aaliaa
Nov 16 - 22U & FFlash Masks - masks that do doubly duty in half the timeeshoe
Nov 23 - 29V & EMorning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step 
Nov 30 - Dec 6W & DMask that would make a good band name (kinda silly, I know)PrettyPaint
Dec 7 - 13X & CHoliday Party Prep Mask 
Dec 14 - 20Y & BMost Artistic Sheet MaskKim888
Dec 21 - 27Z & AFavourite Masks of All-Timeitsfi
Dec 28 - 31123Masks you discovered this year

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler
To Post:
Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

Mask Hacks - Here are a few to get started thanks to our lovely BIC-ers, a big thank you for these fabulous ideas!
Spoiler

Trim off long chin and add to forehead for sheet masks

itsfi

Squeeze tube lip balms (like Bite) into pans and place in magnetic palette

sonnydee

Layer lip sleeping mask (such as Laneige) over regular balm

cianni

Derma plane prior to a peel-off mask to ease the pain of removal

heartsmyface

Warm water helps remove clay masks quicker than cold

cianni

Lay sheet masks flat prior to use so the serum is more evenly distributed 

eshoe 

Remove clay/difficult masks in the shower to keep towel clean and removal easy

itsfi/BIC

Use an HA serum prior to trying a mask with alcohol high on the ingredients list

keana1

Use a Makeup Eraser to remove wash-off masks

lmaster

With a detox mask, apply a thicker layer where pores are

Ather

Use a resurfacing exfoliating spray (such as Kate Somervilleโ€™s Liquid ExfoliKate) before a detox mask to better clear out your pores

Miamia27

Re-use a large sample jar for a blank sheet mask pellet and fill it with essence/toner

Itsfi

Use a nail clippers to trip a mask if scissors are not on hand

ShortErica

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:
https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...
2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125 

NEW!!! Got an idea for next year's challenge? Let me know! Was there a challenge you'd rather not repeat? Share below, so we can start building the 2021 schedule:

Spoiler

Re: @itsfi you definitely can't argue with those results!! cu...

Iโ€™m glad I picked up a back up @lmaster! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Re: 2019 Q4 Mask of the Week Challenge!

@itsfi  What a cute package! And it performed well too? Score.

Looked cute AND worked well!! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ Definitely a winner for me @emaisgr8! ๐Ÿฅฐ

@itsfi omg obsessed with that packaging and glad it was a winner as well!

Itโ€™s super cute. ๐Ÿ˜ I almost didnโ€™t want to tear into it @Kim888

CHROME! SEPHORA! Posting has been a pain this week. Let's try to do Gross Week.

First up donkey milk from the amazing @missjeanie 

20191115_200209.jpg20191115_200214.jpg

My face:

Spoiler
20191115_200623.jpg

Well donkey milk wasn't what I expected. I thought it would be a creamy serum and it was clear. The gel mask was thicker than most gel masks I've used. I would say medium thickness compared to gel masks are usually thin. Next it had a floral scent which was a surprise. The scent did fade. The immediate results were not wow but the next day I kept admiring how diminished my fine lines looked. Grade: A-. Though not what I thought it would be, the mask was good. I'm excited to try the other donkey milk mask sent by quspork.

Next was horse oil I snagged out of the Masks on the Move box that @Shosh85 intentionally added for me since I was interested in gross masks - thank you!

Argh! It's not letting me add pictures!

Anyway, the horse oil didn't impress me as much as donkey milk but it was still good. The mask fit was nice and though I'm not sure I was as cute as some other animal maskers, it got me in the mood for Zoodunit. Zoodunit is a fundraiser held at a zoo that is a murder mystery event. My husband and I go every year. This was a great 20 minute mask to wear prior to getting on my safari outfit. My skin looked good in the pictures with the gorilla. Grade: B+ just cause the donkey milk did more for me. I'd be up for trying horse oil again.

@ShortErica  Loved reading these reviews. I had never heard of donkey milk or horse oil until just recently through this thread! ๐Ÿ™‚

I have been having so much trouble posting too. I think I tried responding to this post earlier and it must have never posted. It's finally letting me post again this evening, but it's getting awfully frustrating. 

I have learned so much about ingredients, especially odd ones thanks to the maskers @PrettyPaint. Hoping we both have less frustration posting!

@ShortErica something really odd,,,I can't see your zebra...

@ShortErica something really odd,,,I can't see your zebra pictures at all through the app,,,I was so confused,, then I went through my browser and could see it!!

Re: @ShortErica something really odd,,,I can't see your zebra...

So weird @lmaster!

@ShortErica  There definitely has been some site issues! Sometimes it just randomly kicks me off and now it's not letting me post anything with pictures and it's telling me I've reached my upload limit of 4,500 images ๐Ÿคจ

You look so awesome in the Zebra mask! I'm happy it at least turned out decent for you! I pretty much bought it solely on the fact that it said, "horse oil" right on the front ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚ Glad the donkey milk mask gave you some great results! This was the first donkey milk mask I tried and I really liked it too! ๐Ÿ‘

Good to know we have an upload limit of 4,500 images @Shosh85. I'm wondering if that's part of my problem. Too many mask pictures or BIC is sick of seeing my face ๐Ÿ˜‚

@ShortErica  same here with the chrome. So I haven't bothered much lately cuz it gets frustrating. 

On the other hand, I haven't tried that donkey milk mask. I have one from that line that I posted for gross week that I enjoyed. The consistency was different than yours, it was white creamy as expected. but then again it was a sleep mask as this is a sheet mask. I still would have had the same expectations as you. As long as it gave you good results, that's what matters the most I guess ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Yes, the results were nice @GalPalVal17. I associate milk with creamy vs clear. I will have to see what the serum is in the other donkey milk one. I think @eshoe tried it during gross week.

@ShortErica oh the struggles!! what is going on with chro...

@ShortErica oh the struggles!! what is going on with chrome!!?? I've even tried different browsers and they work for one or two comments then uughhh

Re: @ShortErica oh the struggles!! what is going on with chro...

Same @lmaster! Hoping this post goes through...

Horse oil mask

20191116_150447.jpg20191116_150454.jpg

My face:

Spoiler
20191116_151527.jpg

The eye holes on this sheet mask are the largest (length/height-wise?) that Iโ€™ve seen @ShortErica. Interesting. I wonder if all the masks in this line are similarly shaped. ๐Ÿค” 

I don't know that I have others from this line @itsfi. Does the cutest animal masker @Shosh85 have others for reference about the eye holes?

@ShortErica  You make a cute donkey! I'd like to see your picture with the guerrilla. 

Thanks @emaisgr8!

1 Reply
testing