Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

ACNE

Hi! I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a cleanser or maybe a face oil or serum for acne? I have combination blemish prone skin that can also get pretty red.

Re: ACNE

I've been pairing the Kate Somerville EradiKate™ Daily Cleanser with Sulfur Acne Treatment 4 oz/ 120 mL (to kill that acne) with a strong moisturizer ( Skinfix Barrier+ Triple Lipid-Peptide Cream  and First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration 8 oz/ 226 g Limited Edition FAB AID  are some favourites, to keep moisture in) and Kate Somerville EradiKate 1 oz/ 30 mL # as a spot treatment overnight.  When I'm red or before an event I use REN Clean Skincare Evercalm™ Ultra Comforting Rescue Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL # to take that down instantly, and if I have a really bad breakout I'll use philosophy Clear Days Ahead™ Oil-Free Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment Cleanser  morning and night for about 3-6 applications (any more and it starts drying everything up).

My skin is combination, and over the years I've figured out that the reason I'm oily is because my skin is actually so dry that it overproduces oil, hence the really strong/thick moisturizer.  I haven't found a daily sunscreen yet that doesn't make my acne worse 😕

Re: ACNE

Hi @Maddie2550!

I use a the Cetaphil cleanser for my acne prone skin.  I have also used the Sunday Riley U.F.O. Salicylic Acid BHA Acne Treatment Face Oil 0.5 oz/ 15 mL and it helped clear up my acne.  Another option is to get a prescribed cream from your dermatologist.  I use a retinol cream that only cost $5 with my insurance and it works really well for me!

You can find some other skincare products for you by taking this quiz.

https://www.sephora.com/beauty/skin-care-quiz

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing