cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

A little help, my sephora gals?

For someone with very dry skin and acne, what would you recommend using? 

(Normally people with acne have oily skin but that's not my case)

As face wash, face cream and every other skin care routine there is ๐Ÿ˜ฌ 

Would like to give it try.. any recommendations? 

Tags:
Anonymous Insider

Re: A little help, my sephora gals?

I always use the simple hydrating range as I have dry skin too it's really cheap compared to some other brands but is so effective in hydrating your skin and getting rid of acne. I would definitely recommend you try this before going to more expensive products because this works just as well for me after trying other products.
if this doesn't work for you maybe try L'Occitane, I use their hydra vital cleansing gel sometimes and this is also really hydrating or they also have a perfecting purifying foam which helps clean skin and is really hydrating. But again these are more expensive so have a think! Hope you find some good products that work for you!

Hi, 

i feel you girl!! I Personally would stay away from the drying lotions because it would just make your skin more and more dry plus it doesnt really work. it dries the pimple but it doesnt remove it. 

I would by a face wash with salicylic acid on it ( kills bacteria and helps avoid future pimples). pimples are cloth pores or infected pores with bateria so we wanna makesure we are really taking care of the problem 

2nd. you need a good polish exfoliating agent. (not like a daily kind of thing) is more the quality of the exfoliator than the amount of times u do it.

(for this I recomed the denis gross exfoliator peel or the enzyme exfoliating peel of amour et pacific) those are gentle if you have acne means you have sensitive skin.

NOW THE GOOD STUFF!!! after taking care of things you need good hydration/correction

so use a concentrating vitamin c serum if there is hyaluronic acid in it even better.

this helps with cell turnover, and nourishes.

after this you need a good hydrating cream with retinol. this is very important.

SO I RECOMEND: the sunday riley ufo or the sunday riley night oil!! BABY YOUR SKIN IS GOING TO CLEAR the acne, is going to glow is going to be hydrated  I cannot say enough about sunday riley retinol oil

good luck and if you decide to follow the treatment let me know how it goes.

also you should do like a weekly face sheet mask (it can be hydrating, it could be anti aging, clearing) at least 1x a week and you also should do a facial 1x per month like a micro dermabrasion   

xoxoxox!

I like using Mario Badescu's drying lotion as a spot treatment. For toning (after you're done cleansing), I'd recommend Sunday Riley's Martian toner. It has great ingredients that prevent more pimples and also cool and hydrate the skin.

I have terrible acne that is stubborn and hard to manage,...

I have terrible acne that is stubborn and hard to manage, but I started using Peter Thomas Roth acne wash, AHA/BHA, and spot treatment my face is super clear. The stand alone products are very expensive $19 - $54, but the sampler is $35. I was completely sold. I habe never seen my skin this clear since before puberty. I do have oily skin but it doesn't leave it dry and you can always add a face oil or a moisturizer to your routine. Try a few samples first before you commit to any of them. This will save money and give you an idea of what your skin needs. Hope this helps.

RE: A little help, my sephora gals?

I use too cool for school egg mousse face wash, and belif aqua bomb( which is a gel formula) but if you need more hydration they make a more moisturizing cream (both are awesome and don't cause breakouts) I would try murad skin perfecting lotion! It is wonderful.. it has retinol in it but it's not too strong. Also if you haven't tried Differin you can get it at Walgreens and it works wonders on blemishes and doesn't over dry. Or you could consider a face oil that won't break you out if you are severely dry. I would look into that if you really need moisture! But remember oil always goes on last unless it's a oil cleanser of course. Good luck โ˜บ๏ธ
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing