Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

5 foils in 5 days challenge!

I don't know about you but I've got a lot of foils and gift with purchases kicking around.  Let's use some up and try something new in the process!  

Rules if you want:

Spoiler
Post a picture of your befores/list your befores/link to what you will be trialing. In 5 days (when they should be used up), post the results!

Foils! Foils everywhere!Foils! Foils everywhere!

Alternatively for those rebels you can try 7 foils in 7 days.  Have fun!  Can't wait to hear about it.

Re: 5 foils in 5 days challenge!

@l8totheparty  Okay, I just saw this challenge... after I already used up and threw away my foils 😅 So, I’ll tag the products below. 

I have been making a concerted effort to use my shampoo, conditioner, and hair mask samples lately, not only to use up aging samples, but to find better products. Here’s what I tried:

AMIKA - Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo

AMIKA - Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Conditioner

Umm, I’m a brunette 😂 I used this by accident. Regardless, it made my hair soft and shiny. I can’t speak to the “brass-busting” properties, since I’m not the target customer. I do want to mention, however, that both products are a thick, bright, royal blue and made a bit of a mess in the shower. No staining, but I had to rinse off the walls where some product splattered. 

AMIKA - Soulfood Nourishing Mask

I have shoulder-length hair and this small sample was more than enough, so a little goes a very long way! Each application left my hair soft, shiny, and bouncy after only a few minutes. I would repurchase this, except I don’t like the fragrance. It’s like Moroccanoil Treatment, which I don’t care for. However, if you do like Moroccanoil’s fragrance, you’ll love this. 

DEVACURL - Melt into Moisture Matcha Butter Conditioning Mask

This used to be one of my all-time favourites. I’m not sure if my hair has changed, or the formula, or both, but this time around it didn’t seem to do much for me. Once I rinsed my hair, it didn’t feel much better than if I had just rinsed out regular conditioner. I’d recommend this for fine, straight hair, because it definitely won’t weigh it down. 

Drybar On The Rocks Clarifying Charcoal Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL

Drybar On The Rocks Lightweight Conditioner 8.5 oz/ 250 mL

Winner winner, chicken dinner!!!!!  I had this foil in my collection for a year and boy do I wish I had tried it sooner. I swim every day in heavily chlorinated water and never has a shampoo washed the chlorine out so efficiently, without stripping my scalp. Plus, the conditioner left my hair so soft and manageable that I didn’t even need to put in a leave-in product. I tried it a second and third time (I had a few samples) and was blown away each day. I immediately purchased full-sizes of both and this is now my holy grail, daily shampoo and conditioner 🏆 😍

VERB - Sea Shampoo

Verb Sea Texture Conditioner 12 oz/ 355 mL

This sample was okay. Not bad, not great. Honestly, I think you could get similar results from a $5.00 drugstore brand. I wouldn’t repurchase it.

I love it!  Aaaaall the haircare!  Isn't it great to try them first? I love it. @PinkEvergreen 

@l8totheparty  I’ll have five more in another week, too 😉👍

Love the idea @l8totheparty but I'm the person who has a hard time using one foil a month. 😂 My goal is to have none of the foils left I started the year with and I'm failing at that. Dang you primer ones! I'll be curious to read how yours go.

...you should see my foils container....

🙄😒

@ShortErica 

It's full.  This was juuuuust a sample.

Plus I realized I started my 5 foils in 5 days 3 weeks ago and I just finished 1 foil a couple days ago, and haven't finished the mud masks, the concealer, nor the hair product!  Ugh.

5 foils in 5 days is ambitious unless it is a single-use foil.

@l8totheparty   Have you checked out the Foil Challenge thread? You might want to add this as a 5 day challenge there. 

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/Use-Your-Foil-Samples-Challenge-2019/m-p/441867...

Thanks! @quspork 

I'll be starting these:20190630_072700.jpg

Time to try some new-to-me products!

The Tarte concealer is nice and thick- good for covering blemishes.

The Banana Bright eye creme is decent.  It is nice under makeup.  I have other eye creams so I won't be purchasing this one. 

The Dr. Denis Grossman is tingly.  It is a nice 'on the go' peel without having to lug a bottle of something around.

The Peptide radiance serum- it was nice but I have the Ordinary Buffet with peptides.  But it is nice.

The Sephora mud mask was wonderful at drying up my skin.  I will have to try the other 2 in the package.

I need to pick another 5!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 34 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos2
  • Foils! Foils everywhere!
  • 20190630_072700.jpg
testing