Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

30s skin

I’ve always had acne prone skin but now I’m having deep pores. Any advice on pore tightening and anything I should be adding to my regimen?

Re: 30s skin

@LipstickRach If you're finding your pores seem to be growing it might have to do with reduced skin elasticity from aging. There isn't much you can do in terms of reversing the loss of elasticity but you can try to reduce the impact moving forward.

Retinol is the scientifically proven, gold standard ingredient you'd be looking to add when you turn 30. It promotes cell turnover, enhances collagen development (thats huge for elasticity) and evens skins. However, it can be highly irritating and cause skin purging so there are a ton of techniques on how to sensitize your skin to retinol with less side effects (I.e. Starting at a low % once a week, sandwiching it with moisturizers, using niacinamide, using a product built in an oil etc.). Couple product recommendations 

One additional note bakuchiol is often listed as a retinol alternative with less side effects but it is not the same ingredient and they are not actually comparable. However you might still find similar improvements (its just not fully researched yet) so couple products I have inlcude

hope that helps!

Re: 30s skin

Hi @LipstickRach!

My dermatologist said there's no permanent cure for shrinking pores.  There are still some things you can do.

I wash my face with cold water and in the summer, I even rub an ice cube all over my face.  After all my skincare products are applied, I use a cold jade roller.  This helps shrink pores and allows the products to penetrate into my skin.  I leave the jade roller in my fridge or freezer.

I started using the The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL which helps with oily skin and pores.  I have started to see some improvement but it needs to be used 2 times a day.

Deep pores get clogged often so make sure to use non- comedogenic products to prevent that.  Use an exfoliator to remove dirt and bacteria.  I use CLINIQUE Blackhead Solutions 7 Day Deep Pore Cleanse & Face Scrub 4.2 oz/ 125 mL and the OLEHENRIKSEN Pore-Balance™ Facial Sauna Scrub 3 oz/ 85 g 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing