Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@itsfi I will never complain about seeing food lol.

This one has walnut shells in it?

also darn, sorry to hear it wasnโ€™t the best. Iโ€™ve been wanting to try this forever because I love their masks. Maybe thatโ€™s why this one isnโ€™t stocked as much as others. 

@Weetart Yep. I wonder if they even make it anymore. Out of the two they had sent out this was definitely my least favorite, but I believe it won the popular vote. 

Q is for Quret

Quret Brazil Nut.jpeg

Heavily saturated (but not dripping) in a clear, thin, and unscented essence, the soft, thin, Tencel material of the Quret Brazil Nut Mask Sheet clings gently and snugly to the skin, melding into the contours of my face. The spacing and shape of the eyes, nose and mouth need no additional adjustments. The width of the mask is just a hair too wide at the temples, hardly enough to require use of my mini scissors, which with this particular mask, is used to snip off about half an inch at the chin and jawline. The strip removed is more than enough for the sliver of my forehead not covered by the top portion of the sheet mask.

Half an hour passes very quickly as the mask wears so comfortably. With how saturated the mask still feels after my 30-minute masking sesh, it seems like an additional half hour could be had without the sheet mask going dry, which is something I'll try another day because, despite some tackiness after removing the mask and pressing in the remaining essence, the final results - hydrated, nourished skin - were very nice and perfect for my dehydrated, exhausted skin that feels like it is beginning to lean ever-so-slightly dry in certain parts of my face.    

Unscented?? Interesting! @itsfi sounds like a comfy mask ๐Ÿ‘

Yum and also yay for the mask, @itsfi. It sounds like this was a good one. I love a well-saturated mask!

Right @quspork! Sometimes the food / snack is better than the mask. ๐Ÿ˜† I love a mask that is saturated in sheet masks, especially when the mask does a good job of holding in the essence and itโ€™s not dripping everywhere. ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi  Sounds like a lovely mask! And paired well! Iโ€™ve heard that Brazil nuts are really good for you!

Yes @ather, there are some great skincare and healthcare benefits to Brazil nuts. โ™ฅ๏ธ I learned a lot about it after doing some research on Brazil nuts - I often like to delve into a little research of the ingredients in my skincare / masks. โ˜บ๏ธ

Happy to see this one here, @itsfi! It was my Q pick for the week, but havenโ€™t posted it yet. Itโ€™s the only Brazil nut mask Iโ€™ve seen. Curious if you have one from this line you prefer over the others๐Ÿค” 

Yeah @eshoe, I havenโ€™t come across a mask with Brazil nuts in it until this Quret one. Iโ€™ve tried a couple others from this line and this Brazil Nut has worked out the best so far. Hopefully it works out for you; it seems to do a nice job of nourishing the skin.

@itsfi  I love Brazil nuts and I'm pretty sure I've never run across a mask with it! I have this brand on my list to try out sometime - looks like there's a good variety and they're pretty inexpensive as well! Did you buy all the masks from this line?

@Shosh85, same with me - this is the first mask Iโ€™ve seen where Brazil nuts are a key ingredient, which of course, drew me in even more. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I have all of the masks from this line but havenโ€™t tried them all of them yet. Of the ones Iโ€™ve used so far, this one is my favorite - itโ€™s well suited to our skin types. I may have 2 of certain masks; I need to be better about not picking up duplicates before trying out a mask. Not having so many masks will probably help with that. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Sounds lovely @itsfi . Any product that has to do with Brazil nuts and berries always attracts me, I think because they are so often awesome. 

I don't usually have Brazil nuts so I was happy that the bag of mixed nuts I had at the house included them in the mix @Weetart. Paired with the Brazil nut sheet mask, it was a treat for my tummy and my face.

A8A2589A-1119-423B-A3E2-667730326834.jpeg

โ€ƒ

90532A76-BBFB-466D-96CF-22C3C248676B.jpeg

โ€ƒ

SEPHORA COLLECTION Sleeping Mask Pomegranate I had this in my nightstand drawer forever and just never got around to it. Itโ€™s actually decent. It reminds me of the Holika Holika Wine Night Mask that is like putting grape jelly on, except this time it smells like pomegranate jelly. And same texture. Honestly these things are way overpriced if purchased at full price. I think I got this through the mask exchange or unicorn mail at some point. It is yummy smelling. 

@Weetart  Sounds yummy!

@Weetart this mask sounds lovely! Similar to the Skinfood Cranberry Mask that I loved and was discontinued. I am going to check it out now, it might make a good wash off, too.

That's what I was thinking @eshoe , that it would make a good wash off. I only was able to use up the Holika Holika Wine night mask by using it mainly as a midday wash off. When I sat at the computer I'd put it on for a while then wash it off after I got up.

@Weetart  Sounds nice! I agree, these masks are a bit overpriced, but I'm glad this one turned out decent for you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

It was alright for sure @Shosh85 , I will never be a huge fan of the jelly texture masks. I like gel, but jelly is too food like for me. But it did keep the moisture in and didn't react poorly with my night routine. 

21,367 Replies
testing