Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@missy94612 @Head to toe masking always feels like a treat for me too! Sounds like this was solid hit nothing amazing. I like that with the Sephora ones you can still swipe on your phone ! 

@missy94612, honey and almond sound like a winning combination! 

This is one that would work for a couple of the monthly and a few of the weekly themes this month - wintery holiday mask, special occaisons masks, favorite masks of all time and if it's new to you, a new discovery. It's a winning winter warrior that will help secure victory against a damaged skin resulting from winter's blistery weather or an otherwise damaged skin barrier.

12.2022 Winter Ceramides.jpg

Spoiler
So much to love about this nanofiber Dr. Jart+ Ceramidinโ„ข Facial Barrier Mask Ceramidinโ„ข Facial Mask - itโ€™s soft, thin, adheres beautifully to the skin, and fits wonderfully with little to no adjustment needed, for my face  size and shape at least. The milky serum saturating the mask consists of 5 types of ceramides, has a clean, fresh scent, and feels luxuriously nourishing even as you have on the mask. The hydration and moisture that these ceramides (and other excellent ingredients) infuse back into the skin is evident with just 20-30 minutes of wear - soft, smooth, supple skin, bouncy to the touch and with a healthy, luminous glow that will light up the complexion through whatever additional skincare and makeup may follow, making your skin look and feel like it's a special occasion every day you reach for this mask๐Ÿ˜š

Always a blast reading about everyone's masking adventures. Wishing you and your loved ones a healthy and happy holiday season! ๐Ÿ’– 

@itsfi  This one definitely sounds like a winner. How have I not tried this one yet!!! I need to remember to snag it!! Special winter masks are always great to have on hand. Especially when the weather changes so fast!! Glad this was a great one for you!

There are so many masks out there @ather; never enough time for all of them. And there is the whole "we just have one face" situation. Hahaha! This one is worth checking out this time of year - it's really good when the weather gets brisk and windy. A comfort to the skin in the wintertime.

@itsfi  Oh I keep forgetting to try a mask from this brand.  This one sounds terrific with so many ceramides in the serum.  Plus the eye globes! I have to try them!  Hope you have a good holiday weekend ๐ŸŽ„

@Cissy63, this Dr. Jart+ Ceramidinโ„ข Facial Barrier Mask Ceramidinโ„ข Facial Mask is a go-to for me for when my skin is damaged and needs some TLC. Another one I like, and that is popular among a few maskers here is the Dr. Jart+ Cicapairโ„ข Tiger Grass Calming Serum Mask 1 Mask - it's soothing, helps reduce the appearance of redness! Both these sheet masks and the skincare products in both these lines are fantastic!

Have a fabulous holiday! Are you traveling for the holidays or at home?

@itsfi  Oh p.s.   We did not travel for Christmas.  We had no plans but my son was sick all week with the flu.  He is up and around and doing better. HE is making plans with his buddies to go out of town for NYE.  I am happy sitting home and ringing in the New Year in my Pjโ€™s ๐Ÿ˜€. But did or are you traveling?

Sorry to hear your son wasnโ€™t feeling well during Christmas @Cissy63, but thatโ€™s great heโ€™s on the mend!  No traveling for me. I have a few projects I need to finish up and hoping those can be wrapped up sooner rather than later. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ Iโ€™ll be staying in for the NY, will probably keep it low-key and ring in 2023 on East Coast time and then get to bed early. ๐Ÿ˜ด 

@itsfi  Oh good, thank you for the recommendations ๐Ÿ˜€

@Cissy63, happy to help! If (or maybe when? ๐Ÿ˜†) you pick up either or both these masks, would love to know what you think about them. 

@itsfi  I will let you know how they work on my skin, thanks!

@itsfi 

This is a favorite mask of mine too - just what my skin needs when it's cold outside. I'm glad I picked up a handful when I saw them at TJ Maxx. Have you or anyone else here tried any of the other products from the line? I see a few of them at TJM sometimes and wonder if it's worth picking one up.

Itโ€™s such a great mask @missy94612 - soothing, nourishing, repairing. ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi that sounds fabulous!! I hope you have a great holiday!! ๐Ÿค—โ„๏ธโ˜ƒ๏ธ

Itโ€™s definitely a tried and true, oldie but goodie @lmaster! Helps keep my skin healthy and happy. โ™ฅ๏ธ Stay warm & enjoy your holidays!!! 

@itsfi happy holidays my friend! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’“

@itsfi You always have such fun and creative tie ins to the challenges. Those eye globes remind me I need to use mine. 

@Samtian @itsfi

100% agree.

On the globes too. 

Thank you @Samtian! ๐Ÿ˜Š Itโ€™s like a little extra mini challenge to come up with tie-in to the designated theme or to connect whatever theme I might already have going on with my masking session into whatโ€™s on the schedule for a particular week. 

The good thing about the mini globes is that theyโ€™re mini so they donโ€™t take up a lot of space. One of the downsides is that since they are on the small side, it can be easier to get lost in the sea of other face or skin tools and easy to forget that I have them or should use them. 

@itsfi  Love this one! This and the Cicapair are staples for me! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

21,373 Replies
testing