Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Mellmars1185  Ha thatโ€™s funny.  I think everyone here is desensitized to my masking at this point.  I donโ€™t even get a second glance.  ๐Ÿ˜‚

I used Origins Clear Improvement mask. It is an active charcoal mask, and I have had it for a long time, so this one definitely fits into the theme of National Old Day Stuff, which is today! I think I was afraid this would irritate my skin because I have used another charcoal mask that made my skin red and dry. This one left my skin just feeling really clean. I followed up with moist, and my skin feels great.

20230302_162313.jpg

โ€ƒ

@Mellmars1185, this Origins charcoal mask is a blast from the past! My skin loves the version they made that includes honey in it - I get the purifying benefits of the charcoal and the hydrating and nourishing goodies from the honey! 

Origins Clear Improvementโ„ข Charcoal Honey Mask to Purify and Nourish 2.5 oz/ 75 mL 

@itsfi This one sounds even more amazing. The addition of honey is what my skin needs. I have had the sample for a really long time.

@Mellmars1185   Good to know that you benefited from this one.  I too am cautious with charcoal masks 

I love this one so much @Mellmars1185 

Yeahy that this one didn't have any negative effects @Mellmars1185 ๐Ÿ˜ 

Some masks are risky ๐Ÿ˜‰ I'm glad this one was not, and you had a good masking experience. 

If I'm trying a mask that makes me feel any kind of nervous, you know I'm going to be washing it off if I feel anything unpleasant ๐Ÿ™ƒ I'm waaay to scared of a bad reaction 

Roses were the featured ingredient for some targeted masking (thank you @PrettyPaint!) last week, with an H for hydration and hair mask. 
H - hydration + hair and targeted masking.jpg

Spoiler
The price point for the thicker-leaning, rose-scented Nature Republic Bulgarian Rose Mask Sheet suggested it might be a filler mask but its performance was anything but - soft, supple and hydrated skin with a fresh-faced glow that lasted beyond the day. Adherence was good and the sizing / fit was interesting - the sheet is on the smaller side but the openings for the eyes adn mouth were extra wide, both of which worked out very well for me. 

Miriam Quevedo Black Baccara Hair Multiplying Mask bears the delicious scent of fresh roses both upon applying the mask and after it's been rinsed out, the latter of which is a treat when the fragrance can be picked up throughout the day. Another treat is how soft, smooth and shiny my hair looks and feels after just one use. My scalp too feels cleansed, soothed and hydrated. 
While these masks fall on opposite ends of the cost spectrum, with one being very budget friendly and the other being a serious splurge, both these beauties are repurchase-worthy.

Oh this hair mask sounds great.  As you can pick up the scent of roses later in the day sounds like heaven ๐ŸŒน @itsfi 

@itsfi lovely rose themed masking ๐Ÿ˜

@lmaster, rose scented products arenโ€™t for everyone but I like them, especially when the scent is more like real roses instead of a more synthetic smell. ๐ŸŒน 

@itsfi  Ohhhhh!!!! I have to check out that hair mask!!!! I love rose scented hair products and have decluttered enough hair masks to justify purchasing more๐Ÿ˜†.  Is it supposed to be a thickening mask?  Hair multiplying sounds like thickeningโ€ฆ.

@heartsmyface, I think itโ€™s supposed to help with hair density over time but I havenโ€™t used it enough to know about those claims. The rose scent on this one was nice - not too strong and I liked that it smelled like real roses  - a friend of mine also received one of these as a gwp and she said hers didnโ€™t have a scent which is too bad. 

@itsfi Sounds like a lovely masking experience. The scent throughout the day is really nice. The fact that your scalp felt really clean is something that intrigues me about the hair mask. Usually, I use a clarifying shampoo once every 1-2 weeks and i will have to use a hair mask after. This mask sounds like it checks all of the right boxes โœ”๏ธ ๐Ÿ“ฆ ๐Ÿ’–

The hair mask was a lovely surprise @Mellmars1185! I didn't realize I had it until I was doing a bit of organizing around the house. There's a lot of product in this deluxe sample which is great. It'll also give me time to think about whether it's worth the splurge it would be to pick up a full size. 

it's so great when a cheap mask ends up being great @itsfi ! and what a perfect scent for spring!

@Kim888, I love a good rose scent and both these masks delivered on that front. ๐Ÿ˜ I don't find myself in the store where I found that sheet mask very often and they always seem to have a different assortment of sheet masks whenever I am in there so I don't think I'll find the Nature Republic one in there again but I will keep my eye out for it. ๐ŸŒน

@itsfi  Both sound wonderful! Do you know if that's how Nature Republic masks usually fit? That actually sounds like it would be perfect for me.

@PrettyPaint, I think it depends on the line of masks within the brand. I liked this one because it was smaller along the perimeter than your standard sheet mask, but I think this one might be the exception rather than the rule, even for the Nature Republic masks. Going to tag @lnum to see if she can weigh in with better info - she has more experience with Nature Republic sheet masks than I do. 

@itsfi Thanks so much! 

@itsfi @PrettyPaint Definitely depends on the line but I do find the openings to be wider than average for most of the mask sheet lines across this brand, probably more average for the real Nature sheet mask line, and I havenโ€™t tried the good skin sheet masks yet so I canโ€™t report on those. 

21,373 Replies
testing