Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

It has been wayyyyy too long since I have had a pie of any flavour, @ather - if I ever make it that far north again, I will have to keep my eyes out!

@eshoe  Of course! And if you ever make it my way I will make you a Saskatoon berry pie! 

200w.gif_cid=6c09b952qxsal09rtat1v2loco8pa6916h229aej167tcjv4&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w

@ather ๐Ÿ˜

I just looked up 'Saskatoon berry' @ather  and it looks so pretty! ๐Ÿ˜ You're spot on - it does look like a blueberry-raspberry hybrid. It must taste delicious! 

Bilberries have a similar taste to blueberries but they seem to be just slightly fruity in taste, more tangy than a blueberry. I think it paired well with the recipe for the tart, because it and the sugar balanced each other. I tend to cut down on the amount of sugar in some desserts and I did here and felt that I could have used the amount called for and it wouldn't have been too sweet. I added fresh blueberries to the tart for more sweetness. 

Oh, back to the sheet mask itself. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I'm really happy to see Sephora come out with this line of sheet masks. It's the first sheet I've tried that is made of the acacia plant. It's compostable but not at the expense of the mask's feel - I like that it's soft and thin-ish. It makes for a comfortable wear. It's on the pricier side compared with other sheet masks out there, even at 30% off, so it's not one I would use every day if I were using a sheet mask every day. I can see myself adding one of these masks to an order if I need to meet a minimum for something. 

You made that pie? It's stealing the show @itsfi  ๐Ÿ˜ It looks soooo yummy! 

I love the 3 step masks, I be only tried a handful over the years but they all disappeared never to be seen again ๐Ÿ˜” its a shame really. 

The OH 3-step is much harder to source these days @CynthieLu. I saw a box at Marshallโ€™s the other day, but someone had opened it and took 2 of the packets. ๐Ÿ˜• 

Thank you, I donโ€™t bake as often as I used to. Iโ€™ve been trying to get the crust on this tarte right: this is the best one so far but thereโ€™s room for improvement. 

Someone opened it, @itsfi ? I strongly dislike when that happens. I was just in Marshall's today and had to hunt for the products I picked up that didn't look opened already.  But the deals were phenomenal today ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yeah @CynthieLu, it was the only box of the OH too. All the Marshallโ€™s and TJ Maxx stores in the city closed permanently during the lockdown so I only get to a Marshallโ€™s / TJ Maxx if Iโ€™m out of town and there was one in a strip mall when I was visiting friends. Itโ€™s more common in some stores than others. A few stores Iโ€™ve been to have all of the items in the beauty care section in those locked box containers. 

@itsfi Mmm now I really want blueberry pie. I like the sound of that mask. 

I've been on a quest to perfect (or as much as I can) a blueberry pie @Samtian. Never quite the way I want. I've just taken that to mean I need to eat more blueberry pie (to gauge what it is I want mine to be similar to) and make it more offten. Hahaha! 

I did a real quick peek at the INCI list on this one and it contains pineapple extract (listed earlier than the bilberry extract which makes me furrow my brow). Pineapple extract contains vitamin C so I'm not sure if your skin would like that? Have you used products with pineapple extract before on your face? I picked up the watermelon and lychee versions the last day of the sale; the ingredient lists for those don't seem to contain any vitamin C (directly, as a derivative, or in another ingredient). I'll keep you posted on how those two work out.  

@itsfi Testing lots of blueberry pie is great for science. 

Ah lame about the ingredients! I don't like pineapple so I don't use anything (knowingly) with it in it. 

Thatโ€™s it! Iโ€™m doing it for science @Samtian! ๐Ÿคช All for science! ๐Ÿงช๐Ÿงซ๐Ÿ”ฌ 

Had a little masking time with this Collagen and Egg mask. ๐Ÿฃ 

This was my first time ever using it and it was pretty great. 

20230429_090009.jpg

It had plenty of serum, if fit almost right (just a tad small), it had a light pleasant scent. It stayed mousturized for the entire wear time. ๐Ÿ‘Œ

It was a little firming, very moisturizing , and I had no leftover stickiness or tackiness.

I did a hair hydrating wash today too, with

Briogeo Superfoods Matcha + Apple Replenishing Shampoo Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kindโ„ข Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfoods Hair Mask 8.0 oz/ 240 mL I adore the smell of this hair mask and how well it hydrates my thirsty hair ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ’š

That briogeo hair mask is hands down fabulous!!! @CynthieLu 

I second this, @lmaster @CynthieLu

Yaas @lmaster  She is fabulous!๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿ Anyone with dry hair should meet her ๐Ÿ˜‰

@CynthieLu  Great masking session! I love the egg cream mask! 

Too Cool For School makes some great sheet masks @CynthieLu. I secretly (or perhaps not so secretly) hold out hope that it will bring back one of my all time favorite masks. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ 

I really hope they do for you @itsfi it's amazing when things like that happen ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿฉท

I remember a certain TV show I loved, all the fans came togeather and even thou a few years had past, they brought it back for 2 more seasons. Amazingly ๐Ÿ™‚

@CynthieLu That egg cream mask is good! 

It really is @Samtian ๐Ÿ˜„ I totally loved it! And soo much bonus serum in the package ๐Ÿ’ง they were very generous with it ๐Ÿ™‚

21,373 Replies
testing