Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

They are, @Kim888! Perfect for nights when I wake and have trouble falling back asleep, leaving visible evidence under my eyes in the morning๐Ÿ™„   

For Women-Owned Brands Week, I chose an old favorite to accompany a new-to-me sheet mask.

E32C3760-975C-4C8C-82A3-D13E8B4354D7.jpeg

Spoiler

Leahlani Skincare makes some of the most soothing tropical masks, cleansers, facial oils, and other beautifying elixirs I have tried. This Mermaid Mask is a repeat purchase, and one that I gravitate toward often. It has a light, citrusy scent that leans sweet & fruity with a hint of something richer; incense-like, perhaps. It is rather thick, so I add a few pats of water onto my skin after I apply a small amount to help disperse it adequately. I leave this on for 30-45 minutes, remove, and move on to the next step. While I do not notice any noticeable differences in my skin such as firming, or a โ€˜glow,โ€™ it is one I will continue to use and enjoy. *Sensitive skin types might want to know this one has an abundance of oils and extracts that could cause irritation*

Leahlani Mermaid Mask Ingredients:

Spoiler

HONEY (HAWAIIAN RAW HONEY), *ARTHROSPIRA PLATENSIS (SPIRULINA) EXTRACT, ILLITE (MONTMORILLONITE CLAY), KAOLIN (SEA CLAY), *CHLORELLA VULGARIS (CHLORELLA) POWDER, *CITRUS SINENSIS (SWEET ORANGE) PEEL OIL, *HIPPOPHAE RHAMNOIDES (SEA BUCKTHORN) FRUIT OIL, LEUCONOSTOC FERMENT FILTRATE, AQUA, DUNALIELLA SALINA (GREEN MICROALGAE) EXTRACT, ORMENIS MULTICAULIS (CHAMOMILE) FLOWER OIL, ANTHEMIS NOBILIS (WILD CHAMOMILE) FLOWER OIL, MONARDA FISTULOSA (BEE BALM), PELARGONIUM GRAVEOLENS (GERANIUM) LEAF OIL, CYMBOPOGON MARTINII (PALMA ROSA) HERB OIL, LAVENDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) FLOWER, CANANGA ODORATA (VAR.GENUANA YLANG YLANG) FLOWER OIL, ROSA DEMASCENA (ROSE) FLOWER OIL, NELUMBO NUCIFERA (LOTUS, WHITE) FLOWER EXTRACT, ERIOCEPHALUS PUNCTULATUS (CAPE CHAMOMILE) OIL, BEESWAX (HONEY ABSOLUTE), CORIANDRUM SATIVUM (CORIANDER) SEED OIL, VANILLA PLANIFOLIA BEAN EXTRACT 
*ORGANIC **WILD-HARVESTED

The Vitamasque Power Hydrate Blossom Nectar is a foil-printed sheet of multi-molecular weight hyaluronic acid soaked with blossom nectar complex serum. I did not detect a noticeable scent after opening. The sheet itself fit fine, and adhered well, although as it began to dry, began pulling away from the chin area. The thick, clear gel left no residual tack after wearing around 25 minutes. Overall, it was a good mask, and one I would use again.

08461C64-D131-4D4C-85B8-5929865FA8E8.jpeg

Vitamasque Ingredients:

Spoiler
CA7B0CC6-AF54-4F76-AAAF-F83D471852B5.jpeg

@eshoe 

Love the purple butterflies on the Vitamasque mask.

It is a very cute mask, @nuinui933. Little touches like this go a long way!

@eshoe, the print on that sheet mask is really pretty, and spring-y too! ๐Ÿฆ‹ It's interesting that it didn't have a scent (though better than having an unpleasant scent) - it has a lot of floral extracts in it, and added fragrance is pretty high up on the INCI list, but again, better to be unscented than to have scent that doesn't agree with your nose. 

@itsfi you know, the whole โ€˜scentโ€™ thing is curious to me as well. It is certainly possibly it was there, but I could not detect it. I am still slightly annoyed to be missing out on a possibly licorice-tinted delight in the fresh Floral Recovery Overnight Mask with Squalane 3.3 oz/ 100 mL sample I have. It is almost enough to coax me into the FS, but the size of that jar is rather intimidating. Better off just imagining it, I suppose;)

@eshoe, maybe Fresh will come out with a mini / travel version at a later date, either as a standalone, or in a set with other masks or new products within the line? ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ Itโ€™s odd how the scent varies on this one - I picked up a scent on the gwp promo size but nada on the full size in store. 

@eshoe 

I literally just saw that Vtiamasque mask at good old Target. I've picked up a few of them ever since hearing some of the other ladies on here speak well of them. This one is pretty.

That would be the place, @elleb810! It is hard not to pick one up on a run ๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe oh that sheet mask is beautiful!!! ๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿฆ‹

@lmaster aesthetics can really tip the scale, canโ€™t they? It helped that it was a decent mask, but the cute ones makes extra special gifts๐Ÿ’— 

@eshoe Wow, that butterfly pattern is way too cute on that mask. Seems like both of these worked out quite well for you. "Abudance of oils and extracts" would probably a no-go for me with the state of my skin, so thanks for that heads up. ๐Ÿ™‚

@QueenMarceline I am grateful for others who have brought to my attention how irritating those ingredients can be. Just being aware of it also gives me a reason to comb through the ingredient list, which I do not always do. Even though I should!

Female Owned Brand - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay. Founder - Mary Roman in 1986

20220315_174901.jpg

โ€ƒ

20220315_174911.jpg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
I made mask mixture and left on my face for 10 min. There was an unpleasant scent to this mask. I would not recommend leaving this mask on longer than recommended. This mask tightened and was quite difficult to wash off. I recommend rinsing with warm water to soften the hardened mask and then going back in to get anymore residue off with a warm washcloth. My skin felt clean after. I followed up with a serum and moisturizer.

I had leftover mask and offered some to my fiance. His skin did not react the same as mine. This mask left his skin red. Immediately after he removed mask i put on serum, moisturizer and sunscreen on for him. We did this mask on Tuesday. Yesterday his skin was still a little red but looked like he got some sun. I put on an intense serum and moisturizer and he said that helped his skin feel better. Poor guy! 

@Mellmars1185, this one has a reputation for being a very potent mask and your and your fiance's experiences with it seem to support that. I wonder if this would be better for just treating spots, and not all over the face.

@itsfi Good point! I guess we had to learn the hard way lol. I don't know if it is the weather change but I am breaking out. I am going to experiment with the spot treatment on myself!

Ok now that scares me @Mellmars1185 the world's most powerful facial thank goodness your skin was ok!

@Mellmars1185 I used to use this religiously in like 2011/2012. I almost forgot about this product. So sorry it didn't work out for your fiance. I do agree with you it tightens the face for me quite a bit as well. 

I have been curious about this one, @Mellmars1185, but I am curious no more ๐Ÿ˜ณ I am so sorry to hear about the havoc this did on your fiancรฉโ€™s skin! I hope it is completely resolved by weekendโ€™s end.

@Mellmars1185 @I remember when everyone was all obsessed with this! I was like your partner, it made my skin super irritated and dry. Iโ€™m glad it worked well for you though!! 

@Kim888 To be honest I dont reach for it often. I thought this challenge would be a good time to try it out again. 

21,373 Replies
testing