Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Nice @lmaster !!! I feel like itโ€™s always a really fine line between a good exfoliating product and a too aggressive one - glad this worked for you!

@Kim888 thanks!! It's a major underhyped product!!

A bit off theme but Iโ€™m doing a triple mask session this morning.  None of these are new to me and the hand and foot masks are repurchases.  The foot masks are great for hydrating post foot slough and for prepping my feet for a polish change.  They take 15-20 minutes and smell like artificial green apple.  The hand masks also have that artificial apple scent even though they boast green tea and tee tree extract.  

Iโ€™m not the biggest fan of hydrogel masks anymore cause they always slide around on me but I really enjoy how cooling they remain for the entire masking session.  Definitely a type of mask Iโ€™ll try to reserve for warmer weather.  This one contains castor oil, allantoin, gold and collagen as itโ€™s beneficial ingredients. Itโ€™s got a light slick serum with no distinguishable scent.  I get evenly hydrated and plumped skin from it but nothing memorable. Itโ€™s a good filler mask:) 

ECA8A3B6-6700-4FE5-B1AC-0DB43A503ADE.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@heartsmyface, I've wondered about this brand. I'm on board with a green apple scent. Hydrogels are probably the material of sheet masks I like the least and are usually the last masks I get to in my stash, but I keep trying them. ๐Ÿ˜† It is nice to have one on hand for when it's warm out

@heartsmyface  Sounds like a great masking session!

@heartsmyface @Nice session! Iโ€™ve tried those hand masks from fff but I havenโ€™t tried anything else from the brand! Agree about the hydrogel masks - they feel nice after the beach but I hate how slippery they are 

What a fabulous multi masking sesh!! With an apple scent included! @heartsmyface 

Not on theme but I decided I needed to give the mermaid mask another go after seeing @heartsmyface use it ! 

Spoiler
the Mermaid Leahlani mask has a very pleasant scent and once you had a few drops of water it is very easy to apply (I am wondering if I forgot this step last time because I remember it being super hard to put on). It didnโ€™t feel like anything while on and felt like it had some gentle exfoliation when I took it off. It claims to nourish, purify, soften, and revitalize your complexion. I do think my face looked slightly brighter after I used it and felt soft 

I also tried the bless beauty balm - I definitely agree it has hints of lilac and is super pleasant to use. My skin felt super hydrated and soft when I woke up this morning - I would 100% buy this, I think I probably will in the fall! 

2A7517C9-23CB-42AB-A984-88DE86F8C47E.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Kim888, nice to hear your second time around with the mermaid mask worked out better for you. The balm sounds wonderful.

@Kim888  Sounds amazing!

Anything that has a lilac scent steals my heart @Kim888 

@Kim888   Ohhhh, ha, I would have given it an initial โ€˜what in the name of tar:/โ€™ review as well without the instructions! Iโ€™m glad you enjoyed it diluted and spreadable!  The next day softness is so pleasant!  

The balm is my favorite product so far!  I use a bit as subtle perfume behind my ears as well as a hand cream post gardening!  I love itโ€™s versatility:).   I tried out their ambrosia serum and also enjoyed it though itโ€™s more an oil than a serum and I applied waaaay too much my first time.  the foil sample they gave me lasted for over a week!  

Sephora Aloe Face Mask

S is for Sephora 

IMG-0327.jpg

My Thoughts:

Spoiler
I decided to tear into one of my SEPHORA masks in honor of this months (very difficult) letters theme. This Aloe one was the only one from SEPHORA currently stashed in my beauty fridge, so what better time than now to use it? On first impressions, I noticed the smell... to me, this mask gives off a bit of a "nail polish remover" scent. Which is super strange for a mask and I don't remember having this kind of issue with any other Sephora mask I've tried. It does subside after a while, but straight out of the packet this is what I noticed. The material is a durable but thin cotton, without much "give" (ie. flexibility/elasticity). The saturation is what I would call "standard"-not soaking wet like some masks I've tried before, but also not lacking in serum. I used the leftover serum on my dรฉcolletรฉ area and the sides of my face that the face mask missed (more on that coming up). The fit of this mask is honestly not the best, it does not cover the entirety of my cheeks and the mouth hole is tiny-which is unfortunately standard for me with Sephoras sheet masks. The wear time I got out of this is ~25 minutes before it began feeling a bit dry on my face and I decided to call it a day. Overall, I enjoyed my masking experience because the mask did feel nice on my face during wear but nothing too amazing, exciting or revolutionary. Very "standard" to be quite honest. I noticed that unlike some other sheet masks, this mask does not leave much "tack" behind after removal. It does leave behind more of what I would describe to be a moisturized, "wet feel". This is a mask thats aimed at "quenching and replenishing" which I assume is reparative and also hydrating. After removal, I felt that it did a very decent job at moisturizing my face and I liked the results. Despite that, I really did not enjoy the scent that came off of this mask as well as the fit of this mask. Maybe I've been spoiled by some of the other masks I've ventured into lately but I personally will not be repurchasing this mask. SEPHORA face masks are on the pricey side, I know many people might disagree because they are only $5/mask (and I've purchased way more expensive masks than that). However, $5 per mask is quite a bit when I can get a 5-pack of Facetory masks for $10 or a 3-pack of The Creme Shop masks for $10, both brands that I absolutely adore when it comes to their sheet masks (and ones I find to be way better than my SEPHORA masks, in general). There's even better masks that SEPHORA carries with scents I actually enjoy and that provide more quality results. 

@QueenMarceline, sorry about the nail polish remover scent on this one. I agree with @heartsmyface and wonder if it's off; the aloe mask was part of the earlier sheet masks Sephora put out so the scent may be due to the passage of time.

@itsfi Could be, although I have some older masks from Sephora that are also discontinued and I never seemed to have an issue with those. Might be a fluke with this one.

@QueenMarceline  Hmmm nail polish remover. Yuck. Too bad! 

@ather Good thing this is the only one of those I have on hand, haha.

@QueenMarceline yeah the scent alone would be a deal breaker ๐Ÿ˜”

@lmaster It was, I'm surprised I even went with it. I think it's due to my total exhaustion (and lack of care) from working so much these past few weeks haha

@QueenMarceline  Eee nail polish remover๐Ÿ˜ฌ. I wonder if it had gone off or somethingโ€ฆ

with thicker cotton masks I find I have to do a lot more snips to make them conform, but Iโ€™m not sure it would be worth the effort with an acetone fragrance. 

@heartsmyface Haha, it was mild/faint. I don't think it was off maybe my sense of smell is just off haha but I got a couple whiffs in the beginning of nail polish remover for sure. 

21,367 Replies
testing